Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Who Would Like to Buy an Oenpelli Python? :D

That's the subject of Dr Gavin Bedford's talk for our Scales & Tails Reptile Festival on November 12th. I've been chatting with Gavin over the last couple of days about our Festival and the subject of his talk and it's going to be fabulous! He'll be taking us all on the journey that he's been on for the last ten years as he's endeavoured to bring this python into captivity. A journey that is nearly at completition!

If you've ever contemplated owning an Oenpelli, then this is a 'must hear' talk for you. Come along, meet Gavin for yourself, and find out from the man himself how close this is now to being a reality.
:D
See you at the Festival!

Cheers
Joy

PS...... We have other fabulous speakers lined up as well: Bob Irwin, Neville Burns, & Scott Eipper....... It's going to be great to hear the wealth of knowledge from these men

Last edited:
The festival sounds like it will be a fantastic day Joy.Sounds like you will have a great line up of speakers as well. Neville and Gavin are very nice fellas (haven't met the other two). Yes, I would love to own an oenpelli. lol

Can I have an oenpelli python for free? :D

haha I am sure only the ones with plenty of dough will be getting them. I will have one for free as well. Whoever came up with the saying 'Money doesn't make you happy' is full of it lol

Wasn't it Gavin Bedford that had the albino Olives at $100,000 each? If so I fear they will be too expensive for anyone but the Murdochs or Packers. I'd love one but I think I'll have to wait about 10 yrs for them to become even slightly affordable.:cry: (Apologies to Gavin if it wasn't him)

Would i like to buy one? Yes. Would i ever have the money for one? No XD.

Wasn't it Gavin Bedford that had the albino Olives at $100,000 each? If so I fear they will be too expensive for anyone but the Murdochs or Packers. I'd love one but I think I'll have to wait about 10 yrs for them to become even slightly affordable.:cry: (Apologies to Gavin if it wasn't him)

I don't know about the Olives, but from what Gavin has told me, the Oenpelli's will be very reasonably priced when they become available....... Personally, I can't wait. I'm sure that Gavin will reveal all in his talk.

My biggest concern is the amount of people who will go out & buy it just for the sake of owning a rare animal, Although i remain optimistic.

It's not that there is going to be a couple hundred of them for sale. I trust Gavin will be selective to whom to sell ...... when it comes to it.

Ugh.. I want one!.. they look like a giant childrens python! - I hope they are less bitey than scrubbys!

Could you ask him how the Granite Olive project is coming along please?

There's an animal I wouldn't mind getting my grubby little hands on if he's had success breeding the morph.

Last edited:
I would love to own one! They are beautiful animals, i hope when they come out like Michael said, he will be careful to whom he sells them to. :)

I personally think we have a great opportunity to do this properly. Maybe have the local Arnhem Land Government set up a research and breeding station, manned by the local Aboriginals and overseen by a university for the study and breeding of them. They could set up a self sustaining business breeding them for restocking the wild population and the hobby. They need to keep track of every single animal with certificates showing lineage and with microchipping. Anyone breeding them should pay for a separate license to the Breeding and Research station for certification and lineage so that they can keep track of all pythons born, bought and sold. I don't think they should be handed over to a big business purely for the profit. This way the locals can keep track and control of their sacred python. What do you think???:)

Jumping the gun a bit I think... to be talking prices at this stage is very premature. Like the albino Olives, they'll be out of all but the richest keepers' reach for a decade or more. There won't be any bargains anytime soon.

Jamie

Well at least he will be talking about it and it wont just be random stuff on the net.

Where is the festival being held?

Ipswich Showgrounds, Warwick Road, Ipswich.
Saturday, November 12th
9.00am - 4.00pm (for stall holders) ........ live entertainment continues until 8.00pm (stall holders shut at 4.00)

Phone: (07) 3389 8275 for more details or visit our website: Scales & Tails Australia - The premier resource for Reptiles and Australia.

Well at least he will be talking about it and it wont just be random stuff on the net.

Absolutely...... We'll all hear it direct from the man himself.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back