'07 jags PICS!!!! (MAJOR DUW!!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each clutch of jag x jag pairing produces a predictable ammount of leucistic off spring. So far none of them have survived more than a couple of hours after birth, unless someone is keeping it very secret. I heard this from US breeders of jags. I think it is disputed but how else do you explain a predictable ammount of offspring of leucistics?

Each clutch of jag x jag pairing produces a predictable ammount of leucistic off spring. So far none of them have survived more than a couple of hours after birth, unless someone is keeping it very secret. I heard this from US breeders of jags. I think it is disputed but how else do you explain a predictable ammount of offspring of leucistics?

I've never heard that before. Though I have heard, and tend to agree with, an opinion that the 'jaguar' gene is not just one gene, but multiple gene working together or independantly of each other. So if it is true that they are producing leucistics, that would be just one of the several genes that the jags carry.

there are jags in australia bred here from aussie snakes not smuggled stuff. you will see a few around soon

if they are true jags i would think that the parents or grandparents were imported, i dont think there have been any jag lines originating in aus yet, we would have heard of them.

John, you would be surprised what people have in their collections, people don't have to show them off to have them, more albino's out there than you think...

Kane

I've never heard that before. Though I have heard, and tend to agree with, an opinion that the 'jaguar' gene is not just one gene, but multiple gene working together or independantly of each other. So if it is true that they are producing leucistics, that would be just one of the several genes that the jags carry.

I have heard that it is more than one gene also. But it is true jag put over jag produces leucies.

see, just what I thought........ A lot of people have kept it a secret..... :shock::shock::shock:... Cant wait to get some when they are being sold.;);););)..............

There are no such things as Aussie bred Jags, if they are Jags then they were illegally imported. There are snakes that look like Jags in this country.

I can get Aust breed Jags for $5000.00 each there are two for sale if anyone wants one.
These as fare as I know are the only ones in Aust.
PM me (NO TYRE KICKERS)

There are snakes that well and truely qualify for the jaguar label in australia not imported ones either,! some times people dont know what they have and some times people dont want to boast..

There are no such things as Aussie bred Jags, if they are Jags then they were illegally imported. There are snakes that look like Jags in this country.

i'm with boa, as said before, jags are a mix of alot of different genes, its gonne be pretty hard, almost impossible to get that combination resulting in a jag, just MO tho

i'm with boa, as said before, jags are a mix of alot of different genes, its gonne be pretty hard, almost impossible to get that combination resulting in a jag, just MO tho

There is actually no good evidence that it is a multiple gene that is causing the mutation. It's all just speculation.

Of course you can have snakes that look like Jags but you can't have a legal Aussie Jag, it just isn't possible. The Jag line originated overseas.

There are snakes that well and truely qualify for the jaguar label in australia not imported ones either,! some times people dont know what they have and some times people dont want to boast..

There are alot of snakes that are jag looking. I'll agree with that, but real jags, the ones that originated from Jan Eric's line are waaaay different to anything that we have in australia.

The traditional jags we see from the states ect do have irian carpet python genes which makes the selective breeding process faster ..
But it is not a necessity..

not all i have IJ the origanal jags were pure coastals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back