Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpilotaFreak78

Reaction score
What did you name your snakes?

Why did you name them that?

Doesn't have to be a snake, can be another reptile or pet or some strange name you've heard about!

I dumbly named my Wenlock jungle Locki, couldn't think of another name! Dazzle for my high yellow Diamond, Sundae for my Albino, Sprite for my Darwin (coz she's spritely and bites), Caramel for my Het Darwin (coz she looks like the caramel from a mars bar), Rose for my Bredli (Sturts Desert Rose, shes named after), Honey for my honey jungle (yeah, real inventive right!) and Morgan for my striped coastal (Morgan le Fay from King Arthur legend). Haven't named my new Jag yet

I let my kids name my snakes. Iv got Charlie and Lola my 2 Stimys babes after a cartoon on Cbeeebies kid channel. Also my SWCP is Pandora. My son wanted to call her Dora. But I can't stand that lil Spanish girl so we negotiated haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Spot the Spotted Python and Charlie the Childrens Python, I have 3 kids hence the names!

Dora is barred in my house...lol.
I let my kids name my snakes. Iv got Charlie and Lola my 2 Stimys babes after a cartoon on Cbeeebies kid channel. Also my SWCP is Pandora. My son wanted to call her Dora. But I can't stand that lil Spanish girl so we negotiated haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have 2 snakes that my boyfriend named, so they're Heidi and Charlie. But I named the 3 lizards - the first one, Icarus (based on the Icarus of Greek myth who went close to the sun - obviously cause my lizard loves to bask); the second one, Calypso (the sea god - Caly sits in her water all day); and the third one, Triton (third lizard! Triton means 3! lol)

Hmm I tend to like animated movies (not sure why - maybe just to escape the real world hehe) anyway I decided to name my stims after animated movie characters.

Koda- from the movie brother bear, is the kinda cute, friendly, little bear

Stella- from the movie over the hedge- its the skunk who is... easily fired up hehe :) she's just a hatchy stim thats sometimes a bit more nervous, and also has a superb feeding response.

Tarni- err, short for Vitani from the lion king 2

i name them bye personality or looks, my bhp-diva my jungle-5 my bredli-jacko my darwin-lilly(its across her patterns near her rear my jungle? guess!. my blackhead acts like a diva, my bredli looks awesome [jacko :),after me] and i dont have a pic of my darwin

Attachments

• jungle close up.jpg
    jungle close up.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
  • jacko.jpg
    jacko.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 88
  • diva shedding_day 1-1_1.jpg
    diva shedding_day 1-1_1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 97
I have 2 cats
1 furbi ( cause it has a lot of fur)
2 ozzoy ( cause he has the Aussie flag on him)

Letters usualy sometimes - ie Fred or Joe-ane for example there are many combos available I am sure you will find something that suits your needs.:D

Mine are named codes, e.g. My woma trio are named AR001, AR002 and AR003

Easier in records books in my oppinion, I have a couple of reptiles that the misses considers pets and names although I don't know them the rest don't.

Scorps

I like names for the moment, will stick to codes when I start breeding. I go for different names:

Marley, my first snake, named after the Reggae legend.

Theia, the Greek deity of clear skies.

Dante, named after a Playstation character (Devil May Cry).

Crowley, named after Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens demon character who "did not Fall so much as Saunter Vaguely Downwards."

Bianca, because it means white and sounds nice.

I have Elle the Yellow Diamond, named after Elle Woods in Legally Blonde...because I have an insatiable love for Witherspoon, and she's just adorable.

IMAG0951.jpg

There's Dom the Yellow Diamond, because I love Fast and the Furious...

IMAG0984.jpg

Then my new Black and White Diamond Girl is Daae' after Christine Daae' in Phantom of the Opera, as I love the stage show.

teeth2.jpg

Coincidentally all the photos I liked the look of today had them eating haha

Then there's my undeniable favourite, Harvey! Named after Harvey from Sabrina, as he's just so happy go lucky, and tries so hard haha

harvey1.jpg

I named them because I don't have enough to have a reason not too.
Also, it makes talking about them ten times easier, and easier to understand.

Last edited:
i have such an imagination! My 2 MDs are called Murray & Darling! 2 Bredlis are called Bree and Red! and my 3 stimsons are called Alice, Spring and Spot! hahaa

our stimson was named Monty when we got him....we just kept it. Coastal carpet python is named Gorgoo because my 4 yr old liked it! and we have a lizard called Old mate named by my 6yr old :D

Then i have my 6 little humans lol Kailem, Dylan, Bronson (I HAD A PET BULL NAMED BRONSON AS A KID) , Sam, Storm and Marlon (MARLON BRANDO)

All of mine are pets so they all need names;

Mephistopheles (Coastal) - For anyone who has seen Ghost Rider, he's the bad guy (also the greek name of the devil's messenger)

Asp (Black Headed) - Yeah I know, most unoriginal name. I couldn't think of one, so I just went with the start of Aspidites

Altair (Albino Darwin) - From Assasins Creed I went with Altair because he's albino and the characters white suit is awesome

Shendala (Wheatbelt Stimmie) - Actually belongs to my dad, who is of the firm belief that unusual pets require unusual names, and he just thought of it one night, it doesn't mean anything, but it suit's the little stimmie

I have some creative, and not-so creative names:

Spotteds: Apophis, Osiris and Isis
Stimmies: Hamlet, Ophelia, Tika, Vincent, Dinah, Khal and Khaleesi
Coastals: Simbi, Ophion, Kaa and Kaylee
Jungle: Ziggy Stardust haha
Bredli: Edaniel
Pink Tongue Skink: Monster
Keelback: Bug
Tree Snakes: Haku and Monkey

I have Snappy Tom the childreni, Ophi (Unsexed so Ophelia for a girl or Ophelium for a Boy. Ophelia in Italian means serpent) The childreni, Shebitch the spotted and Jub the beardie. All my other babes either came with names or don't really have one :(
My other pets are Awnan the Pale head rosella, it's Gaelic and means "timid one" Suits him too. Dougal the Northern Rosella.... cause he's a right egit! And the others either came with one or none at all! (I'm a nice mum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back