Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the way you did it, Dave.. but how did Steve end up with them and ship them :?

Just because a bunch of people on a forum say they are worth 40 k doesnt in any way mean that firstly:

It will be admitted as evidence, or,
The judge will even consider this evidence, or
He will make a ruling of anythign close to this amount.

Goodluck to him but from a legal point of veiw the judge really wont care less about what a bunch or people herpers or not are going to say they are worth.

You are better to get Roy Pails, or even THE ROCK to make sworn affidavits and get them to give you an estimate, would be far more beneficial to you.

Its not about what they are worth yet. You first need to establish he had no right in taking them and selling them elsewhere. I'm assuming you are pretty confident of this factand hence why you are asking everyone there opinion but our opinion doesnt matter, we ae not quailified people in the area of green trees, and probably never will be unfortunately.

Here is something to consider 'HERESAY'

EVIDENCE ACT 1906 - SECT 79C
Documentary evidence, admissibility of
79C . Documentary evidence, admissibility of

(1) Subject to subsection (2), in any proceedings where direct oral evidence of a fact or opinion would be admissible, any statement in a document and tending to establish the fact or opinion shall, on production of the document, be admissible as evidence of that fact or opinion if the statement ?

(a) was made by a qualified person; or
(b) directly or indirectly reproduces or is derived from one or other or both of the following ?
(i) information in one or more statements, each made by a qualified person;
(ii) information from one or more devices designed for, and used for the purpose of, recording, measuring, counting or identifying information, not being information based on a statement made by any person.
(2) Where a statement referred to in subsection (1) is made by a qualified person or reproduces or is derived from information in a statement made by a qualified person, that person must be called as a witness unless ?

(a) he is dead;
(b) he is unfit by reason of his bodily or mental condition to attend or give evidence as a witness;
(c) he is out of the State and it is not reasonably practicable to secure his attendance;
(d) all reasonable efforts to identify or find him have been made without success;
(e) no party to the proceedings who would have the right to cross-examine him requires him to be called as a witness;
(f) having regard to the time which has elapsed since he made the statement and to all the circumstances, he cannot reasonably be expected to have any recollection of the matters dealt with in the statement;
(g) having regard to all the circumstances of the case, undue delay, inconvenience or expense would be caused by calling him as a witness; or
(h) he refuses to give evidence.

Also interesting see EVIDENCE ACT 1906 - SECT 79D and all of 79 actually..

This is WA Legislation also.

pugsly
This is actually a law suit against a corrupt lawyer that has been disbarred for malpractise or some thing like it. The court case is civil and involves the establishment of market values of Bobs greens at the time of their dispossession. This is not about taking on Steve Irwin although I do question his motives. I also are aware that this forum on its own will not carry that much weight with out other letters and support from licened breeders dealer etc. This has in part already been done.
Thanks for the legal stuff also pugsly, very interesting.
Cheers Dave

re Adult

The fact that someone would be legally allowed to export Australian GTPS overseas depresses me.

dobermadmick wrote:

Well if i had a million laying around i would pay a hell of alot more to have them ! To me they are the pinnacle of reptile keeping
If you dont like them great just stop blowing your hot air in this thread because you obviously lack the potential to get that sort of money together .

hahahahahaha ....oh that's a good one - you've definately been trying the dust off, all rational thinking has been blown from your system. How do you make the jump from the comments I made, too me never having potential to earn a million dollars. Hahaha - my comments weren't an invitation for you to use dust off, but to stop using it.

Hahahahaha - Dobermad if you pay that much for them you'll never get to have a million dollars lying around. The key to business is buy low sell hi, hopefully that little tip will help you achieve the pinnacle of your herp dreams :p

Sten

re Adult

zulu said:
The fact that someone would be legally allowed to export Australian GTPS overseas depresses me.

The fact that they would do it is even more depressing.

Bob actually won his court case against Irwin as far as i was aware but Irwin wouldn't give the greens back ,a heap of them too....he could do nothing about it and now look wherre some of the first Greens bred in Oz are ...OVER BLOODY SEAS just like the rsp's ...it stinks!!!

just like the rsp's ...it stinks!!!
What problem do you have with the rough scales getting sent overseas? They have been made available here as well to anyone interested

Yes i know they've been made available but look at the prices they were asking and did they not get sent overseas before being offered to the public?I can see the good side as in for an alternative breeding programme but now with the how ever many that have been bred here i think they should have gone to other Aussie zoos not Overseas jmo

It's just that certain people seem to be able to get away with things most others can't.

I don't know whether to laugh out loud or cry myself to sleep. Which judge in his/her right mind is going to take this forum as the gospel for reptile pricing? I am sorry but this whole thing about the "potential" value of GTPs is just BS. The simple fact is most of the people in this forum who think that 40k++ for GTP pairs is "a bargain" don't even have the $$ to snap up this so-called "bargain". It's really no point talking about "potential" value unless you are serious about outlaying a chunk of money (annual salary for some people) for this reptile. So let's get real here, who in this forum would really shell out $40k (or even $80k) for a pair of snakes tomorrow (and actually have the $$ to do it)? I know I wouldn't..

Be happy... :D

Think of it this way orsm,there are people who frequent these sites and others such as Roy Pails and i'm sur he'll get some sales from potential buyers that visit this forum but i doubt they're going to tell you they're spending near 40-50k on a group of snakes which they'll need if they're hoping to get a pair.Compare that to one pair of Breeding aniamls if they were actually available i reckon you'd be onto something...i wouldn't do it especially with greens but that's me.

Also i agree i can't see this as being much evidence but it wouldn't be hard to work out a price from a few respected breeders points of view and letters as stated.I know Irwin asked Bob's advice on breeding them when they were his.Also people do go in syndicates for this kind of thing b etween a few people it wouldn't take much at all even at the outrageous price tag on Roy Pails many will sell and even if he drops the price are they even deemed Aussies the ones Pails has just out of curiosity anyone?

Then again not much point in talking about they're price now is there as they'll never be available or bred here again unless moose gets his new true Iron Range line going :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back