Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether to laugh out loud or cry myself to sleep. Which judge in his/her right mind is going to take this forum as the gospel for reptile pricing? I am sorry but this whole thing about the "potential" value of GTPs is just BS. The simple fact is most of the people in this forum who think that 40k++ for GTP pairs is "a bargain" don't even have the $$ to snap up this so-called "bargain". It's really no point talking about "potential" value unless you are serious about outlaying a chunk of money (annual salary for some people) for this reptile. So let's get real here, who in this forum would really shell out $40k (or even $80k) for a pair of snakes tomorrow (and actually have the $$ to do it)? I know I wouldn't..

Precisely

PilbaraPythons said:
Mrbredli
Bob had his greens siezed as suspected tainted property by Detective John Oshea under the crimes confiscation act.

No relation to Mark I hope :wink:

Well I remember a number of years back when I managed a reptile display and QPWS told me that the clutch of gtps that irwin had bred,( the only clutch to my knowledge hes ever bred), all died. Maybe thats why he got rid of them?. Could be he didnt want to embarrass himself again. Or because Bob had won the court case, he got rid of them before he had to give them back. Either way very dodgy indeed.
And before anyone says anything I have said this to Irwins face, I told him how incompetent I think he is and the way he pretty much makes money out of pulling the wool over the publics eye.
He is in my opinion the biggest embarrasment to hepetology not just in oz but the world. If your reading this irwin, Im still waiting,!!!! bring it on, I still have lots of ammunition on your past to share.

re Adult

Shaggy said:
zulu said:
The fact that someone would be legally allowed to export Australian GTPS overseas depresses me.

The fact that they would do it is even more depressing.
Yeh shaggers ime truly amazed,if anyone had seen bob whitheys confiscated animals they had the most amazing green coloration,given that its not surprising they are wanted overseas. :roll:

well interesting topic, just curious how gtp can be tested to see if they are 100% ozy, is it a blood test to compare the dna? either way would people buy gtp that they new weren't ozy's if they were only 4-5k when the ozy's are 9-10k?

i think it has been said before but there isn't yet a way to accurately test dna to find out if the snakes are indeed from Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back