Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
true that Boa $40,000 is dreaming+ potential return is also a potential big fat nothing $000.

Yes I think it is dreaming although the sad thing is I think someone would buy them. It's sad because it is making them even less affordable than they were 6 or 7 years ago.

It would be cheaper to import them illegally - $40-$80K - go to Iron range and find yourself a house. As for an investment - there are plenty of less risky investments that will "pay for itself" in a few years.

I love this site - I can't believe that a thread can go on with BS for 6 plus pages. Next someone will tell me that it'll cost me $500 for a pair of breeding bobtails......oh that's right I live in WA that is what it costs.

Sten

I am sure PP will let us all know in due course what the score is in relation to the animals in question, but reading into what he has said, in relation to using the thread and replies as evidence, it doesn't sound like the animals were ever going to be offered for sale, more just to prove what people would be thinking they are worth. I might have read into it wrong.
Of course, what people think they are worth and what people are prepared to pay and have in there bank accounts is another matter.

Remember people, this species is a little more challenging to keep than other Morelia, especially if you start off with hatchies, alot of people can get them to breed, but ovulation, and incubation of the egg's seem to be problematic for many here in Australia. It would appear that this year alot more have at least got to the egg's stage, which is great.
Maybe these are reasons why they are a class 2 species, which will exclude a few people that may have the dollars, but not the experience.

I AGREE WITH PUGSLY 50K TO 70K IS AN UNBELIEVABLE PRICE. I COULD USE THAT FOR A HOUSE DEPOSIT ON A BEACH IN SYDNEY!!!!!!

GWEEDS said:
I AGREE WITH PUGSLY 50K TO 70K IS AN UNBELIEVABLE PRICE. I COULD USE THAT FOR A HOUSE DEPOSIT ON A BEACH IN SYDNEY!!!!!!

I think you may need that and then some, even at 5% :wink:

I'm surpised people haven't formed groups to pool their resouces. Maybe too many arguments...... to use a thermostat or not??? :) I got 5 bucks but the snakes stay at my place, anyone?? :wink:

You would be surprised how many people out there will jump at the chance of Pure breeding Aussie greens and with the cash.People who breed gtp already and womas ,bhp etc it's not that much to fork out if you're already in that game.Some people lay out nearly 40k just for a few juveniles hoping to get a pair,the returns on a breeding pair with someone who knows what they're doing would be easy to make and you could still sell them much much cheaper than the absurd amounts on glorified exotic gtp which by rights seeing aswe can't have anything exotic we shouldn't be able to keep greens especially the non deemed Aussie lines around ...don't get me wrongg i personally think many look awesome but they are exotics....In this case if true Iron Range animals they are worth a fortune and will be snapped up at 40k i bet.

Maybe oneday we'll see greens the price of womas, i could justify that :wink:

Gone are the days of cheap greens Stencorp and i bet this price also forces many to keep animals such as these much cheaper off licence as has been being done for years.

If there are exotics around how can people keep them and breed them???? and sell them? how did this and can this happen?

Re Adult

Sorry Pilbarra i have dropped the price due to time wasting it is now 20K, if this thread is still going tomorrow you will owe ME money!! :p

So who's taking legal action against who? I'm guessing someone had some Greens confiscated and they want them back (or cash value :D ).

I'm surpised people haven't formed groups to pool their resouces. Maybe too many arguments...... to use a thermostat or not??? I got 5 bucks but the snakes stay at my place, anyone??

Brilliant Idea! I'll send you $10 - I can't keep them in Perth so they'll have to be keep at your house. We'll cross them with a Diamond Python and then we'd have (after futher genetic manipulation) a python worth paying $50K for - A black and green Fluro Tree Python. :D

greens are about as common now as womas were when I bought them.
My first pair of womas cost me $4000-00, three years ago.

I think greens will be around $4000-00 next year.

I think $20,000-00 would be realistic.

In the end I would rather buy hatchies and raise them myself.

Its actually nice to have to wait for somethings.

The situation is that the waters are so muddied with GTP's in this country that no-one knows who has what. The majority of those in captivity are 'exotic' somewhere along the line. It would be impossible for the authorities to sort them out so for once they have done the right thing and just lumped them in together.
I think I am right in saying that in Queensland GTP's are kept under their own category of license which is International, can anyone verify this ?

quote="saxon"]If there are exotics around how can people keep them and breed them???? and sell them? how did this and can this happen?[/quote]

In the end I would rather buy hatchies and raise them myself.

Its actually nice to have to wait for somethings

hell yeah! - i know it would be awesome to breed them, but they are sooo cool as hatchies.

C'mon PP

We showed you ours...now you show us yours!!

What's in the box? What's in the box? What's in the box today?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

stencorp69 said:
If I had the money I personally would be looking around the $50000 mark

But you dont so your just blown hot air - hell if I had a million dollars cash lying around I'd by them for $50K too - but guess what I don't and most other people don't have 50K to spend on herps. So in real terms they aint going to be sold for $50K - not in great numbers anyway

You guys who are talking about paying $50K for a GTP must have read the dust off thread the wrong way - that stuff messes with your head not clears it.

Sten

Well if i had a million laying around i would pay a hell of alot more to have them ! To me they are the pinnacle of reptile keeping
If you dont like them great just stop blowing your hot air in this thread because you obviously lack the potential to get that sort of money together .

I also stated that if you had a few breeding pairs of blackheads and womas you would easily have that type of money to spend .

Thanks again folks for contributing in this discussion.
The situation with the greens is that I have been asked to appear as a witness to establish the value of adult green pythons on the behalf of Bob Buckley pending court case. I needed some way of showing in a public manner that many reptile keepers do consider $40 000 a pair of adults to be reasonable as this is the amount of compensation that is being asked per pair. Had I just told every body the full story first off, I would have ran the risk of some people who although probably only wanted to help, blindly supporting Bob cause which could have ended up in the forum evidence having no credibility and looking like a set up. The greens in question have already been shipped over seas by Steve Irwin and they will never end up in Bob hands again. It is now just a case of compensation by way of CIVIL litigation.
I apologize sorry if any body didn?t like my tactics or method but I felt I needed to do it this way.
Cheers Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back