Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
excuse me cma 369? i have already said i breed him. i don't care what you believe. he is just like any other water dragon except albino. how is it hard to beleive he is legit? i don't remember questioning anyone over there reptiles. and at the australian frog and reptile expo i got no questions from the organisers, snake ranch or the herp society that i also spoke to about him. In fact many people knew it was me that owned him. even the people from the national parks and wildlife were there, so why i am being questioned by you?!

not to mention i did actually breed the thing to begin with.

Did you miss this???

Can people not get over the fact that only one person has the first albino EWD? Just because the whole clutch didn't come out albino, or because they haven't pumped out 100 clutches by now, it must be wild caught? Get over it!

Good on you Addy, beautiful dragon you have there. Good luck to your breeding program, I hope you do make a bit to make it worthwhile for you.

excuse me cma 369? i have already said i breed him. i don't care what you believe. he is just like any other water dragon except albino. how is it hard to beleive he is legit? i don't remember questioning anyone over there reptiles. and at the australian frog and reptile expo i got no questions from the organisers, snake ranch or the herp society that i also spoke to about him. In fact many people knew it was me that owned him. even the people from the national parks and wildlife were there, so why i am being questioned by you?!
Just wondering where it came form lol.

I never saw where you said you bred it so sorry for missing this if you have.

Just a curious person thats all good on you if you did breed it...

Different answers to what questions?

on a diffrent forum i was talking about breeding him. an american forum. the breeders there spoke of genetic straites that become apparent when no new blood lines are introduced. often desirable straites such as colouring, but also weak ones as well. Now with me reciting the whole conversation, the general gist was that despite being wildly practiced, such breeding can produce malformed offspring and it should be avoided. But at the same time, i can't afford not in line breed for a few generations. i just want to keep new bllod types in there.

That being said, mrbredli if you want an albino offspring that was produced directly from sibling to parent. then sibling to sibling again, i will breed one for you. if you can wait a few seasons. and no i won't charge several thousand.

Just wondering where it came form lol.

I never saw where you said you bred it so sorry for missing this if you have.

Just a curious person thats all good on you if you did breed it...

i kinda snaped abit there didn't i....sorry bout that, just abit edgy over the big breeding program ahead of me.

i kinda snaped abit there didn't i....sorry bout that, just abit edgy over the big breeding program ahead of me.
Its aight,

You will be charging a fair bit though a a fair few people will be willing to pay abit for one, and i think you have to breed them lie mr b suggested if you want any more albinos, unless you can get another albino to pair it with.

I probably wouldnt mind an albino ewd down the track when i could afford it, but a "pepper" phase bluie will always be ahead on the list:p

put it this way, the first person i sell to will start to breed as well. The price might be high at first because we will need to cover costs. But the availability will increase as more people breed them. i'm not charging an arm and a leg.

Did you miss this???

Can people not get over the fact that only one person has the first albino EWD? Just because the whole clutch didn't come out albino, or because they haven't pumped out 100 clutches by now, it must be wild caught? Get over it!

Good on you Addy, beautiful dragon you have there. Good luck to your breeding program, I hope you do make a bit to make it worthwhile for you.

Thank you

put it this way, the first person i sell to will start to breed as well. The price might be high at first because we will need to cover costs. But the availability will increase as more people breed them. i'm not charging an arm and a leg.
Exactly, but you will be where its all happening for a few years so you can charge whatever you want and the buyer will pay.

If you are not going to charge an arm and a leg i wouldnt mind 1 when they become avalible:)

addy, good stuff with this fella. Personally I won't be one to PM you about some albino or het hatchies, not because I don't want any, but because I think that there will be a price tag to them that only certain people can afford, down the track when there are more and more there will be some in my collection, I can guarantee it;)

Second of all with the issues of the weak albino beardies, I wasn't going to reply to it, but it is something to do with THAT LINE of albino's that are week, that doesn't mean there aren't other stronger lines of albino beardies out there.

With Auzlizardking's comment about swapping a hatchies from an enclosure, i think that it is a reasonable offer. If he is willing to give you a tank, for an adult water dragon to be housed in as an adult indoors, its a bargain, because god knows it wont be a small enclosure, and I personally would give him one or 2 of the 100% hatchies, if its competition your worried about he will have to wait at least 4 or so years before he will be popping out albinos, because he would have to breed the het to a normal then keep all of the hatchies and breed them all back to the het, to produce some albinos (if he even gets any het babies).

Keep up the good work, and I am awaiting the day there are some albino waters on the market!

Kane

Just ignore them all its way too early to be organising deals like that...

How old is the lizard anyways?

Addy,

Before you even think about breeding from this guy, or getting in new blood, you need to increase the genetic diversity of your founder stock ASAP. And prove that this is a heritable trait.

:p

Hix

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he was like....2 in the photo, and that pic is a year old. i should take some new pictures. i just thought it was a good picture.

Addy,

Before you even hink about breeding from this guy, or getting in new blood, you need to increase the genetic diversity of your founder stock ASAP. And prove that this is a heritable trait.

:p

Hix

What? albinoism is heritable. What are you suggesting?

Nice lizard Ad. I like that he is your pet. He will be able to service plenty of females when he gets to breeding age. I hope you get plenty of hatchies. Don't discount line breeding if you have access to female siblings

If he's 3 years old he could probably be breeding this season.
thats what i'm hoping. after winter he should be ready, fingers crossed. waiting another season would be painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back