Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly you need to remember that this animal will almost certainly need to be paired with a normal EWD. That will produce a 100% clutch of hets. If the only two dragons you have (unless you have a male with a couple of females) are the albino and another you can probably sell a number of each of those het cluthces off. I say if it is the only two because otherweise who would know what they are buying.

Then you need to raise some of the hets until they are able to breed. Then if you put a young female with the albino male you will get 50% albino and 50% het young.

So.... assuming you will be able to breed this coming spring you will still need to wait another three years to get albino babies.

But you could probably get $200 each for the het babies if you know how to sex them. And YES it CAN be done visually.

Firstly though you need to determine if you have a male. Good if you do because he will happily service a number of females if kept correctly. If not then get yourself an adult male and work out how to breed them. Its not hard. They are like rabbits.

Good luck!!

Umm... guys,
I think he may be indeed telling the truth as there was actually a photo in the main hall of the expo of an albino eatern water dragon. Me and my mates were amazed by it.
Weather its his friends or not, i wouldn't know.

I think it should be forum rules that no claims are to be made about new albino Sp. unless photo's are supplied!

I agree.
For all the discussion about something we have not yet seen- proving to exist- really we need to see pics.

I have heard of an albino EWD existing in NSW, not sure of the sex of it though, and believe it to be a few years old. I'm only going off something that was discussed a while back with a pretty respected breeder and have no idea of the accuracy of his statement.

Please post at least one pic for verification.

Yes, keeping and breeding yourself would be the best option financially, but i would expect to have similar problems raising the young as seen with the albino Beardies, so it wouldn't be an easy task. It would be a gamble but if you can pull it off you will come out on top.

What problems do you get with raising albino beardies?

I'm waiting for a pic of this water dragon too. :)

I think it should be forum rules that no claims are to be made about new albino Sp. unless photo's are supplied!

Hey, give the guy a break, he knows how to make an entrance :p

njlocksmith, I'd say you'd better make with the photos, your credibility is on the line here ;)

ive seen a hatchling albino ewd, two young boys found it and tryed to sell it to the pet shop.
the shop didnt want it so they took it home. the lizard was pure white with tiny bits of yellow but it was very very small.

well it would be awsome to see, if it is infact real, so i cant wait till you post these pictures!

i would LOVE to see this..... and id be happy to purchase it if it goes up for sale?

and what would you offer dragon_tail, if it did go up for sale it could sell for $5000 or more

I've got hundreds of em running around on my ceiling. Dwarf Albino Climbing Water Dragons.

lol i'll take 10 mags. The guy would be a fool to sell if he is legit

hornet:i dont get the point of that post mate? not to be rude at all, but if i did purchase it would i have to publicly throw figures around for others entertainment, or better still have to answer to you all and prove i can afford it before discussing it with the person who hasnt even offered it for sale yet? dont get me the wrong way, i dont know you at all and dont want to argue, but i just thought that was a bit silly man. and i dont think if he decides that in his position he would need the money more than the animal, it makes him a fool..... it's just what he needs more hypethetically.... we all have differnt fianacial situations, preferances, needs, personalities, and altimately - lives.

no offence intended mate but i know alot of n00bs say they want an albino something and tell someone they will buy it, then they realise how much they are and have 2 pull out, just making sure you do know what it could go for if it was sold

so based on my post count on an internet site you assume im a noob when it comes to dragons, which i guess most people would do. no offence taken hornet mate, like i said i dont want to argue with someone i dont know, you could be a top bloke for all i know man. But your speculation on price is just exactly that, and so is the existance of the reptile anyways.... ok good luck guys, ill check in for the pic when it crops up, cya!

njlocksmith,

I was the guy on the AHS stand you were talking about your albino water dragon. I recall you approached a reptile dealer at the show and they showed no interest in it at all.

Yes I saw the pic in the photo competition at castle hill and can verify that it does exist.

cheers

Jonny

Last edited:
NJ where did you get this dragon from??????? if you found it mate and im guessing you might of, i would be very carefull.

Donk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back