Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After Snake Ranch showed us what they do in regards to prices when they release animals (charge extremely high prices then drop ENORMOUSLY within a few seasons) I would be surprised that anyone would pay so much for these albino Macs.

They are stunning animals and I will definitely buy one in the future...... Maybe in a couple of years when they are a quarter of this price!

As everyone has said, macs are easy to breed, lay larger clutches on average than the other antaresia and can be bred a lot younger than carpets. Plus we know that SR will slash prices once the private breeders start producing young and trying to sell them as this has been proven with the RSP and albino Darwins.

Roughies were never going to keep their high price as long as albinos, they're just brown snakes. Hardly appealing to those whom don't apreciate them for what they are. The demise of albino darwins was always there and wasn't instigated by SR either. I think albino prices will be fairly good, nothing silly, but they won't keep it long. They will be very popular animals and be easily sold by the bucket load once established for everyday keepers.

You have to remember the first people to get into them are investing and will want to make a profit. They can breed at 18months very easily but alot of people don't do it and don't 'get them' at that age. The clutch sizes are hardly big, in an 18month old you'd probably get 10. In terms of them being easy to breed, so are most snakes, it doesn't make a diferance.

Price drops are made by everyone everyday, I don't see anyone complaining about those. I have people calling me saying they've seen childreni for $100 will I do mine cheaper. I say buy the $100 ones and they almost always by mine for whatever I'm charging. The price drops aren't too bad, I'd rather sell 100 baby albinos at $500each than 20 at serval thousand.

I'm very disappointed D3... I went through 7 pages of posts and I didn't get to see 1 photo, stop being cheap - host your images longer.........

Word is there will be some for sale at the castle hill show along with another morph that has not been advertised yet.

Word is there will be some for sale at the castle hill show along with another morph that has not been advertised yet.

On the money! i think some of the keyboard warriors heads may just explode sometime after the expo

Ooooh exciting! Wish I was going along to see it! You will have to let us all know!

The albino mac SR has is the same type of albino as the albino darwins being Tyrosinaise positive hence they can display colours such as yellows,pinks/reds even lavenders which is basically a purple .

Is this correct? Are the albino Macs "Tyrosinaise positive"? My understanding is they are Tyrosinaise negative. I have Tyrosinaise positive childreni that have been bred for many generations and are just caramel. :shock::oops:

This would be very interesting to know - Oh yes the ants playground is very young indeed. These genetics will be another key in herp history :lol:

T+ albinos are generally caramel in colour.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tyrosinase[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - an enzyme required for synthesizing melanin.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tyrosinase-negative[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - an albino whose cells lack tyrosinase, producing a white and yellow/orange animal with pink eyes. A separate albino mutation from tyrosinase-positive. Also called T- .[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tyrosinase-positive[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - an albino not able to synthesize melanin, but capable of synthesizing tyrosinase, which results in lavender-brown skin color. Also referred to as T+ . [/FONT]

Apparently Carpetpythons.com.au will be releasing granite and zebra carpets at the castle hill expo.

Apparently Carpetpythons.com.au will be releasing granite and zebra carpets at the castle hill expo.

That's amazing! Somebody that actually knows what we are doing before we even know what we are doing? My God these forums are full of psychics! Can you tell me what else we will be doing?

It's absolute made up rubbish! We are in a different state. We are coordinating the marketing and advertising of the VHS expo. We have nothing to do with anything that involves the NSW reptile expos. We would also never put any of our animals through the trauma of displaying them in a different state!

Bit behind the times eh?
waruikazi you still using my quote?, if i had copyrights id be rich!!!

there is a leucistic childrens out there some where it was handed into national parks in townsville over 15yrs ago, id like to know what happened to that snake it was a yearling at the time

Last edited:
waruikazi you still using my quote?, if i had copyrights id be rich!!!

there is a leucistic childrens out there some where it was handed into national parks in townsville over 15yrs ago, id like to know what happened to that snake it was a yearling at the time

Yeah i know... haven't seen anything better yet! :lol:

this is the only pic i have of the leucistic python handed into townsville national parks over 15yrs ago,its a old photo but trust me its eyes where as blue as the sky

Attachments

• albino male spotted python.jpg
    albino male spotted python.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back