Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to drop in price very fast...they are just too easy to keep and breed.

People said that about albino carpets too and it took a long time for the prices to come down on those.

Last edited:
well I plan to buy a pair of albino's (darwin) from southern cross, I am getting an adult pair of bredli's soon and I will use this season money from the hatchies to pay for the price tag... I think it's worth it!!!

People said that about albino carpets too and it took a long time for the prices to come down on those.

A long time? i guess that is subject to opinion on how long a long time is. Also Anteresia breed much faster than carpets so they should increase in numbers much faster, they would make a very good investment as far as investing in snakes goes. Well apart from the legalities of breeding them in Qld, would really be a pain if you spent many $$$$ only to have them taken, if you were considered to be breeding a mutation. I would want something in writting from the EPA if i was going to get any.

yeah I think I will, if not, then I will get 100% hets and just one actual albino for myself

well I plan to buy a pair of albino's (darwin) from southern cross, I am getting an adult pair of bredli's soon and I will use this season money from the hatchies to pay for the price tag... I think it's worth it!!!

Ahh counting money before even having adult animals to breed with :shock:
Very ambitious.

Ahh counting money before even having adult animals to breed with :shock:
Very ambitious.

Oh dont get me wrong, I'm not in it for the money, but the snakes I want are the expansive kind lol (GTP's, RPM's, Albinos) so I want to make my hobby pay for it's self rather then my wallet paying for it lol

A long time? i guess that is subject to opinion on how long a long time is. Also Anteresia breed much faster than carpets so they should increase in numbers much faster, they would make a very good investment as far as investing in snakes goes. Well apart from the legalities of breeding them in Qld, would really be a pain if you spent many $$$$ only to have them taken, if you were considered to be breeding a mutation. I would want something in writting from the EPA if i was going to get any.

But they produce far smaller clutch sizes than carpets.

But you can put dozens of anteresia into racks.
due to their size, they can be kept in huge numbers
in very little space, I'm not going to get into it ,but if
powerfed enough they will reproduce at a very young age.

They will be happy on adult mice and not rats or Rabbits,
therefor saving space and food costs.

They have huge potential, espesially if the breeder
knows what they are doing with power feeding
and breeding anteresia in large numbers (which Snake Ranch deffinatly would.)

The price on them will come down very fast...dont forget that macs still give
largish clutches for anteresia...so they will be even cheaper then albino childreni.

i think the albino macs are a little different
cant be compared to albino darwins and definitely not tricky 9ft albino olives.

if you are looking for an investment quality aussie python..go with the olives,
just make shure you know what you are doing.

Last edited:
But you can put dozens of anteresia into racks.
due to their size, they can be kept in huge numbers
in very little space, I'm not going to get into it ,but if
powerfed enough they will reproduce at a very young age.

They will be happy on adult mice and not rats or Rabbits,
therefor saving space and food costs.

They have huge potential, espesially if the breeder
knows what they are doing with power feeding
and breeding anteresia in large numbers (which Snake Ranch deffinatly would.)

The price on them will come down very fast...dont forget that macs still give
largish clutches for anteresia...so they will be even cheaper then albino childreni.

i think the albino macs are a little different
cant be compared to albino darwins and definitely not tricky 9ft albino olives.

if you are looking for an investment quality aussie python..go with the olives,
just make shure you know what you are doing.

no way my house is big enough for a pair of albino olives... i'm not planning to invest in the albino mac's just yet... what i want are the darwin's... and I am cooking a plan for a stunning jungle line which is all hush hush haha

no way my house is big enough for a pair of albino olives... i'm not planning to invest in the albino mac's just yet... what i want are the darwin's... and I am cooking a plan for a stunning jungle line which is all hush hush haha

are they purple? if not then im not intreseted. haha

Let me guess you're new hush hush jungle plan is crossing a jungle with an albino???Have you ever bred any pythons at all?Be careful buying adults as if they seem nice it would make me ask why would someone sell a perfectly good breeding pair of animals?You don't know their history let alone know the snakes themselves.This is why if I'm purchasing I rarely ever would buy an adult unless I knew the seller well to trust his information and there's so much more satisfaction raising your hatchlings to adults and breeding from them,then you will know everything about your animals,buying adults is a bit of a lucky dip!

Didn't know there were albino childreni yet,news to me,anyone have any pics or is this a albino that hasn't appeared in the hobby yet??

The albino mac SR has is the same type of albino as the albino darwins being Tyrosinaise positive hence they can display colours such as yellows,pinks/reds even lavenders which is basically a purple .My male albino had lavender areas on him,mainly the head but didn't stay that colour and is now a very reduced yellow albino which I'm going to try and produce snow or all white albino darwins.Being much larger than antaresia and the variation of the albino darwins are much more impressive looking animals however we all have different views on what we prefer,each to their own,beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Its pretty hot biogenetical and deep...Im one of the guys on their waiting list..*cough* haha

Let me guess you're new hush hush jungle plan is crossing a jungle with an albino???Have you ever bred any pythons at all?

haha, no i'm not into cross breeding, and the snakes I have are from a great breeder! It's a nice project and I don't feel like talking about it cause I haven't had the results yet!
(sorry about the late reply)

I saw my first pair of albino's (close up) today, I know many of you have seen them... but it's such a difference seen them up close. My jaw dropped with awe. I want one, I want one, I WANT ONE. lol :)

No, they but can breed at around a year old and the larger nothern ones will lay almost as many eggs as a carpet pythons when they grow bigger. The unknown fitness and legality is the only reason i havnt bought them as an investment.

If i lived in a state where hybrids and mutations were legal i would be transfering them to stimies and childrens right now. I would make a heap of money breeding stuff i consider to be rubbish. However one of the rumours i heard was that an albino mac was confiscated by the EPA a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back