Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ill get a pick on my racks and it didn't cost me a thing

thats great matt, where abouts are you and whens the next hunt ? :D

We go hunting a bit on a 7,500 HA sheep station at Brewarrina just out near Bourke. Great fun but we are just rifles out the back of a convertable old landcruiser 4wd. Was heaps of pigs years back but not quite as many now. Tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of goats, you can just take pot shots into the herd and watch them drop lol.

i hope u mean head shots or heart/lung shots mate theyre still animals who deserve to be killed humanely and quickly..

pups lookin awesome matty got 2 on the wend not even worth photographing lol with me 2 young bitches.. go the dingo dog

As long as the dogs are protected chest-wise, (breast plates) i believe your doing a awesome job clearing off feral animals.
Some hunters merely compete their dogs into a unprotected battle to the death. Well here ive heard storys of anyways.

Killing non-edible animals for fun. How completely repulsive.

Not for fun Kathryn, clearing the land of unwanted pests....introduced animals that destroy native animals & the habitats in which they live. Provided it is done humanely and quickly, these hunters are doing Oz a HUGE favour! I for one say a big "Thank you".

Not for fun Kathryn, clearing the land of unwanted pests....introduced animals that destroy native animals & the habitats in which they live. Provided it is done humanely and quickly, these hunters are doing Oz a HUGE favour! I for one say a big "Thank you".

Couldn't agree more

Matty,
I have read every page over the duration of this thread and thoroughly enjoyed it!!
I touched base every night to catch up on the latest! One of the best threads I have read on APS...well done everyone who contributed to an educating thread and it has been educating!. Well done Matty, for being honest non-pretentious and an Aussie through and through and explaining certain aspects of the sport as the thread progressed!
Man, living in Sydney really sucks, if i come on a holiday up there, can you take me on a hunt, that would be awesome, i'm not a wuss and like to rough it?
I fish, get into a bit of game and sprotsfishing, we used to tag and release but recently sold our boat.I used to shoot rabbits and foxes when I was a young lad, but doing what you guys do would be a mad rush!!!
I am also a conservationist at heart, BUT also a "realsist" and know that what you hunt is feral, and i'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity and access to it.
Keep the thread going, it's a good contrast from talking herps all the time!
Again, well done mate...
Cheers
Scott.

nice pigs mate i love to go pigging with my dad on thee week ends and holidays heres a couple of p[ics of us

Attachments

• 2006_1105Image0007.JPG
    2006_1105Image0007.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 120
  • hunting.JPG
    hunting.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 2006_1105Image0006.JPG
    2006_1105Image0006.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 100
Wow. Great thread, amaaazing read. Great work keeping feral animal down. Sorry to hear about your dog overheating Matty. After reading this thread for nearly an hour i feel inspired, and will look into Archery clubs in Perth and get into it. Any idea how likely it would be to find a nearby landowner allowing bow hunting of ferals around Perth?

I've only been hunting a couple of times - but its great to know that you keep the feral animals down.
Thems boars are damed nasty pests I tells ya.
Hunting dogs are so dang good at what they do...
Yet still can be such a lovely natured animal.

Here's a couple pic's of my mates house back in Canada...

Attachments

• n567096069_566693_4938.jpg
    n567096069_566693_4938.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 1001295ir9.jpg
    1001295ir9.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 122
  • 1001298ow9.jpg
    1001298ow9.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1001299rd1.jpg
    1001299rd1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 104
  • 1001300ki0.jpg
    1001300ki0.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 107
WOW Jas thats an awsome trophy room. Ide be happy with a couple of big boar heads on the wall :lol:Kathryn , when this thread becomes if ever an arguement on wether hunting is right or wrong then ill have it locked.Yes , it is fun , yes it is gory , yes it is different but it is doing everyone a favour. Hunters may be different people but we're not raping children ! Enough said. Hey Madwood , great pics mate. You guys use all hanging dogs or do you have bailers as well ?? Midnight , i saw your comment about people basically pitting thier dogs against animals. ,That may happen in Australia but would be very rare . These people arent true hunters and would be pushing to be allowed to be a person. True hunteres have great ethics and doggers will take great pride in thier team and treat them like family.
Ive missed alot of comments here as i wasnt getting notices by email but its a top thread and some top pictures. Love to see more and everone dont be shy to ask anyone a question Cheers all Matty ;)

Naja , you should get into a club and then just mingle and pick up tips. Best method , now dont tell anyone , is to evesdrop on conversations at the archery club :shock::shock::rolleyes::lol: Na , people should share info with you and a good hunter will help you get started. You have some decent populations of pigs below Perth i think ? and the numbers are growing fast. Try getting on properties by just ringing around as property owners rarely turn back bow hunters. Hope that helps PS dont tell anyone ;) Matty

Southside Morelia , your more than welcome and the fishings great too mate ;) Fish , hunt , swim , boating , beer :rolleyes:What lifes all about :lol: oh and our Critters ;)

Matty007
its probably been said but im glade theres people put there like you that help stop the feral population of un native animals like those pigs and things. congratz mate.

Luke

Matty, Any person just has to look at the condition of the dogs posted in this thread to see how well they are looked after and treated!

*thumbs up*

Cheers fellas ;) Had a look at a report the other day of just how many Baby Turtles and Eggs get eaten off our local beaches. The numbers were astonishing. They could only guess but what hope do they have ? Thats not counting Freshwater Croc eggs and Salties + Tortoises , ground nesting birds , Cassawary Fruits , Water course damage , insects , snakes , lizards , the list goes on. They are without a doubt one of the worst pests this country has had the misfortune off "owning " On the other hand , ide be bored without em :rolleyes::lol:;) Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back