Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go EVERY weekend Magpie ;) You wanna come for a walk ??? We'll do a morning hunt . Matt

im just wondering what you all think of hunting as a sport, such as people hunting large game (some that are rare) in many different countries( lions, tigers, elephants etc) I agree with erratication of pests and good on you all who do it but do you do it for that reason or the thrill of killing things?

Bundy , im only gunna answer this question once. I will not be drawn into the " ethics " of hunting as it will destroy a great thread. Firstly i called this topic " all hunters look " as i really only wanted people interested in hunting to look. As for big game animals alot of these are on Ranches and private land and have been bred for a "purpose " I dont always agree with some of the animals shot but some of the trophy fees can keep a small village going for months. I dont think people go in recklessly shooting rare and endangered animals , poachers account for that ! As for the "thrill " or " joy " taken in hunting ??? Its something you cant put your finger on. Its something deep within me that pushes me to look harder , walk further and commit myself to an interest. I NEVER get joy from seeing a dead animal. That would be bent but i do get joy from seeing my young dogs hunt for themselves and getting close to wild animals would be a rush for bowhunters and rifle shooters. To me , the kill is an anticlimax. The " thrill " of the hunt is the REAL essence of what we do. My thoughts , Matty;)

There is no need to get snappy did i mention Ethics?? no i did not!. It was a question to everyone NOT just you about it being called a sport! many of my friends are avid pig hunters and i have had many chats with them about this. The term all hunters kinda means well ALL HUNTERS not just feral animal hunters. I was hoping to get a wider scope on this subject but i see its a touchy subject. Thanks for your awnser.

Bundy , i wasnt Snappy in my reply one bit. If you wanna take it like that , go for it.:rolleyes::lol:

Its not a touchy subject. You asked a question and i answered it. Someone may answer it differently. Take it how ya want mate. Just dont take it to heart ;)

Bundy , im only gunna answer this question once. I will not be drawn into the " ethics " of hunting as it will destroy a great thread. Firstly i called this topic " all hunters look " as i really only wanted people interested in hunting to look. As for big game animals alot of these are on Ranches and private land and have been bred for a "purpose " I dont always agree with some of the animals shot but some of the trophy fees can keep a small village going for months. I dont think people go in recklessly shooting rare and endangered animals , poachers account for that ! As for the "thrill " or " joy " taken in hunting ??? Its something you cant put your finger on. Its something deep within me that pushes me to look harder , walk further and commit myself to an interest. I NEVER get joy from seeing a dead animal. That would be bent but i do get joy from seeing my young dogs hunt for themselves and getting close to wild animals would be a rush for bowhunters and rifle shooters. To me , the kill is an anticlimax. The " thrill " of the hunt is the REAL essence of what we do. My thoughts , Matty;)
Matty, I will take you up on that offer one day!
That "thrill of the hunt" is like fishing, it's the unknown, the anticipation/waiting/stalking and the constant thinking what will take your bait or lure!. Just like hunting, your tracking a wild animal and you just don't know what it will look like, you have an educated idea, but until that first sight....no idea...that's the thrill!!! Your trying to outwit your prey.
Your right, the hunt is the thrill, the end result is the anti-climax, no-doubt!
Awesome experience..and about the above response, like Matty said, the fees for big time trophy huunts helps in conservation beleive it or not as this is a sustainable and manageable income for the country in question. It is a proven fact, that the money earned, goes towards paying Rangers or Game Park Wardens to keep illegal poachers out and only allow the paying hunter the privelage to take a trophy animal. It's big bucks and a smart way to manage...
My 2 Cents...
Cheers
Scott.

I can do it Mung. Have bull catcher etc. Would be good as we are now on a place about 200,000 acres that hasnt been hunted for years. Pigs rule the joint :shock: Matty

dont you guys reckon its a little slack hunting innocent animals.. i mean yes their pests but they dont kill us so why should we kill them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back