Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolgang , im super jelous !!! Ive hunted for Sambar twice now and put a good stag up both times. I still remember my heartbeat in my ears :lol: Ill get back down there next year. Top stuff , you ate her of course ? Well done , Matty ;)

Hey Brian , i dont think you can just kick around the bush with a bow. You may have to get permission on private land. I would go and see the cops and have a chat. They nearly always know someone and if your up front and honest then youll be surprised how helpfull they are ! Just dont speed because theyll reem ya out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Matty

Great thread Matty its an Awesome read mate ;)

Heres a Pic i found on the net what do you think!!!!! :D

giant-feral-pig-1.jpg

The full story behind the Pic is in here it was shot in the Pilbara region of W.A!!! One BIG boy!!

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/giant-feral-pig.html

I heard that pig was a Sty pig and fed up from young ! Its still a bloody big pig all the same. Ide love to find him in the bush. My doggies would love the challenge ;) Matty

I heard that pig was a Sty pig and fed up from young ! Its still a bloody big pig all the same. Ide love to find him in the bush. My doggies would love the challenge ;) Matty

Could be but check out the Hoax slayer link has all all the info in there im sure it was feral and was spotted from a Helicopter during a Muster session!!

Yer i red it and it sounds ok. You dont know what to believe do ya ??? That pic has been around for a while. If i caugfht it i would have my name up for all to see. Its hard when they catch something so huge and no one can really get the full story. Top Hog anyway , cheers mate , Matty;)

Yer i red it and it sounds ok. You dont know what to believe do ya ??? That pic has been around for a while. If i caugfht it i would have my name up for all to see. Its hard when they catch something so huge and no one can really get the full story. Top Hog anyway , cheers mate , Matty;)

No worries Mate keep up the great work and keep the Pics coming and updates of your regular hunts!!

Cheers Paul. :D

Awesome Pics guys i would love to go hunting with my mate but being 15 leaves you out :( But i have my firearms permit which is good :D. Not that this has any relevance but i do sport shooting at my school with 22's and this is my latest card :D

1000948ld9.jpg

Thats very interesting and being a Bunny Rabbit or Fox when you get out there would be scary :shock: Whats 15 years old got to do with it ??? Sharp Shooter ;)

I have just finished reading this thread from start to finish and it is awsome to see so many people on here who are either hunters or are quite supportive of hunting.

I love being outdoors in general whether it be bushwalking, hunting, photography, snorkelling, fishing or spearfishing.

Unfortunatly I don't have anywhere to hunt at the moment other than my parents hobby farm in Grafton but it is always good for a rabbit or 2 whenever i am up there. Here are a few picture from when i was up there around new years
The only rabbit i managed to get and my ever faithful Model 12 Lithgow .22lr
DSC_3907.jpg

Nothing goes to waste. I would have liked to eat it but since i only got one rabbit it went to the cat
DSC_3911.jpg

A couple of bass i caught in the river a few minuets drive from mum and dads. They are only small (15-20cm) but in really good condition
IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

What i found on the other side of the river
IMG_1047.jpg

Where I was fishing. The day or so after i left this was a good 3-4m higher
IMG_1049.jpg

Bimbo, thats a gorgeous big Northern intergrade. Have its clone staring at me at the moment, wanting some scram. Its coldy time.....:)

Great pics Bimbo and i loved Bass fishing when i was in NSW. I was an addict :shock: We used to do alot of ferretting down there too , thats great fun and gives the dogs a good feed of Bunnies too. Thanks for ading your pics etc and get some more mate , top stuff , Matty;)

I would say it is 100% carpet. would have loved to have seen it all stretched out. Photo isn't all that good cause it was getting pretty dark and i had my misses little camera with me.

I also discovered that it is incredibly difficult to catch a fish and then while holding the fish so it doesn't get off the hook (i use barbless hooks) get a camera out of my bag and take a photo.

Unfortunatly they are the only hunting picks i have - that was the first rabbit i had shot in about 12 months. All of my shooting at the moment is done at the clay target and the rifle ranges.

BTW if anyone wants a camera bitch to tag along on any hunting trips i might know someone :lol:

Mondays night hunt. Good find and good capture. Dogs did well ;)Matty

DSC02897.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

Wow bcurko shooting as a school sport. You lucky bugger. I've never heard of that. Is it common in schools now? I used to shoot Dad's gun back in the day when it was all good. I'm not a hunter but I reckon you all have some of the luckiest dogs around. Sure there's risks but it sure beats the daily walks most urban dogs are lucky if they get. The thrill of the chase! Fun for everyone.

Sue

Spot on Lewy , all dogs are hunters mate , we just lock them in yards ! Matty;)

Was there this time last year some awsome country and not too mention the deer!!!!! You get amongst em??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back