Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where the hell do you find pigs like that in Aus (if this is in Aus??)..

Up at the cape.
We get a few mountain boars like that, but their vvvvvvvvvery few.
Awesome picks Matty, will try and scan a few photo's and see how they
come up. Looks like your in heaven up your way mate....lol.
We dream of pigs like that.......lol.:D
Cheers,
Aleks.

I used to shoot rabbits and foxes. Handed my guns in a while back, in the process of getting my licence again. I'm also an avid fisho, although still very much learning there.
I'd love to go pigging one day.

Just got a call to a mates place and went and had a look. He said 3 pigs were near his front gate! Dogs found them and got blown off :evil: Thick jungle and Haliconias make the perfect escape ! Bastards. Maybe tomorrow night :D Nook , pigs are evrywhere. They are right under your nose and youll never know. They are way smarter than dogs and smarter than most people i know :rolleyes: If theres cover , food and water then there may be a pig living in there. The only places really in Aus that doesnt have them is the arid interior. Thats the spot for the womas :lol: Anyone got pics of Deer or other game. No stingrays , thats childish. Matty
LL070707008.jpg

DSC02118.jpg

We've had pigs at our backdoor, literally, unfortunately it's a nature reserve :(

Nook i use a cut down 22 mag. Its legal size but very short. 75 cm. I only use it if i take my Border out for a hunt by himself or if my dogs get a cranky pig in a big breakaway or buttress roots of a tree , cave or simalar. Its good to have with you and has saved my dogs 4 times in the last 12 months. Matty

We chase mainly foxes, hares and bunnys around here. This is my boy with his first fox, with his ever faithfu stag puppie.

Attachments

• Khedas fox.jpg
    Khedas fox.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 375
Matty,
I used to hike a lot and one day we heard a massive rumbling and looked up to see an avalanche of massive boulders coming down a hillside at us in the Vic High Plains. As everything got closer it turned out it was pigs, dozens of them, barreling down a hill and leveling everything in their path. Big ugly beasts, full of brute power and incredibly dangerous. I don't hunt, myself, but am glad others like you are out their knocking down the ferals. You must have stones of steel to take them out with no more than a knife - top effort. Great to see how much you care for your dogs ie with the body armour, I have heard plenty of stories of hunting dogs being lost not only to ferals but also to broken branches and sticks etc.
Ridgeback

We have hares in Australia??:O

We went rabbit shooting the other night.... All the fellas ate Rabbit stew for 3 days.....

Isis good pic and nice mut. Foxes are bad news alright and should be destroyed on site. Dintony i havnt but i would like to. They say theres a fair few about that area. Ridgeback , good story mate ;) I live for the hunt and so do my dogs. If they arent in peak condition and well mannered in the field then you just a tosser walking around the scrub hassling ****. Matty;):lol:

Plenty of Hares in Aus. Love chasing bunnies when i lived in NSW. YUMMY

really good job to all those hunting ferals. Matt I am awed by your hunting method you must be really brave i would make a mess if i was faced by one of those brutes. Does anyone hunt rabbit in Qld, and if so where do you get them i miss roast rabbit?

any more pics??? this thread is geting good
glad theres people out there keeping the rate down
Isis, congrats to your boy getting that fox :D

i stick pigs on the way to my toilet some nights i dont even think twice about it (yawn) its just part of living in the NT.

we hunt fox and rabit just because thats all round here.
our eq includes an old 40series landie, 2 bullmastifs, a .243, a .22 and a brand new .308 we waited almost 6months for.

Dabool :rolleyes::lol: Funny man ;) You dont have to be brave to do it this way , you just get used to it. Its a good way to keep fit and if i didnt have the muts and fishing then our house would be over run with reptiles and other wierd and wonderful animals :rolleyes: Anyone got pics of Deer ?? I havnt hunted them yet and im busting too. Ill trade someone a pig hunt for a deer hunt ! Matt

pigggg.jpg

Bamboo002-1.jpg

matt if you want some good hunting and hunt some huge stags go to the south island of new zealand we use to hunt canadian elk and wapiti get much bigger than red deer and sambar you need to book around the begining of march that when the roars starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back