Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This upgrade took place not only for new features (some of which are based around the "social" aspects as discussed, others not. A full list is avaiable at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=1549690), but also for security reasons.

Version 3.7 of the software brings with it new cross-site security fixes and also future-proofs us for easier upgrades as time goes on.

Please understand that upgrades are necessary. Not all site upgrades introduce the same amount of new features, but they do (often without members even knowing about it) happen on a regular basis.

now I've got to accept friends
Also, parts of these new features can be turned off. Go to User CP > Edit Options and then uncheck "Enable Visitor Messaging" and "Receive Friendship Request Email".

While you will still get friend requests, you will not get any annoying associated emails. I will investigate if there's a way to turn of the friendship system per-user completely.

I personally have no problems with the friend system. It is all a bit of fun.

Now, where is that add friend button.....

Hi all,
I cant cope with all this upgrade stuff, which I dont recall being discussed just imposed. !

I wouldn't believe that you have any right to say how a website is run. Every other website upgrades without our consent so this one wouldn't be any different. If your input is asked of, consider that a privilege, not a right.

I like it the way it is.

Oh and Mr Bredli thank you for naming my bredli. I don't know why I just keep calling him Mr Bredli. I want to call him Rufus but everytime I talk to him "Mr Bredli" just flows out of my mouth :p
Kathy

It must have been put in so people have something else to whinge about. :rolleyes:

No really i'm curious about what this friends thing is? Is it just a happy feely touchy list or does it do something?

I'm with you Waruikazi. I have no idea of this "friends" thing????? Can they also add a "lovers" section for those that we REALLY like???

My good sir that is quality. I'm almost tempted to ask you to be my chum, but i dont think i could handle the rejection.;)

My initial thought was similar to yours - this is something that is likely to create divisions at some point and i don't see much good coming of it (just lots of bad things). However, it's like the time my grandmother started rolling down the hill in her wheelchair... I thought to myself, it's too late to do anything about it, so i may as well just sit back and enjoy it! :p

I have no idea what it means if someone wants to be my friend. I've just been accepting them all, like a filthy, shameless ****. It doesn't seem to make any difference to anything relevant to me, and if it makes them happy, well, lucky them! All I had to do was click 'approve' or 'accept' or whatever it was, rather than 'reject' or 'snub' or whatever the negative was - no extra effort to be nice, and given the choice I'll usually take nice. Am I going to be obliged to buy countless birthday presents and attend countless graduations, weddings and housewarmings? I hope not, I might end up with a lot of friends who feel quite neglected.

Hahaha! The language filter won't let me say '****' :lol:

Friends are for whimps man, stand your ground and tell em to piss off.:lol:

I have no idea what it means if someone wants to be my friend. I've just been accepting them all, like a filthy, shameless ****. It doesn't seem to make any difference to anything relevant to me, and if it makes them happy, well, lucky them! All I had to do was click 'approve' or 'accept' or whatever it was, rather than 'reject' or 'snub' or whatever the negative was - no extra effort to be nice, and given the choice I'll usually take nice. Am I going to be obliged to buy countless birthday presents and attend countless graduations, weddings and housewarmings? I hope not, I might end up with a lot of friends who feel quite neglected.

It's a way to measure coolness Sdaji so keep accepting & you will be the coolest APS member very soon:lol:

i dont mind the idea, iv just added those who i more frequently pm or talk to. makes it easier when finding their contact info etc.

i have four friends, i know them except sdaji LOL i just like the turnip :shock:

(and his adders and tigersnakes hehehe :twisted: they will be mine soon)

Nat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back