Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and the pretty white geckoes u get up at Queensland ive been shipping them down and releasing them down here in Vic, they acclimatise well actually.
You should lend me some of those warty frogs so i can have them down aroung the place too, i think theyd be good at getting rid of the flies around here

Well after I heard about your efforts in the N.T, I decided to send a few dozen up there.

Its funny u mention those geckos, I actual found a couple a few decades ago in Asia and decided to bring them to Australia. As many of You know Australia is the only continent including Antarctica that does not have native Geckos, therefor they wouldn't compete with any local species.

We just have to do our part
plenty of people on this site talk about helping the environment but it takes people like us to actually go out on our own and do somthing like this, regardless of the cost of airplane tickets

Anyway, I have to go, I just found a mouse, sick from rat poison, and my spotted python is hungry.

well as u know i do condone that kinda thing, and feel strongly that oneday reptlies could form a resistance to that.
If only more people would risk their collections like us

I have a confession to confess. I was low on snake food and realized I had plenty of those ugly, warty frogs around and regretfully killed one to feed my Australian live bearing python. He didn't want to eat it first but I forced it down now hes having a little sleep. By the way, do any of your snakes sleep upside down. I only hope I didn't jepodise those frogs survival by sacrificing this one.

It was funny mouse though. It had a long snout and hoped around like a kangaroo.

I think we've almost milked this joke dry.

I would be more worried about ur red tailed python, as far as i knew we had the only breeding age pair in Australia but hey the little guy will prob pick up in the next day or two

That mouse was prob one of those pesky long nosed bandicoots i usually just catch them and feed them to the kookaburras out back

Yeah. like most peoples pets mine occasionally develop weird symptoms ( vomiting, seizures, etc) but normally pull through. The cause still eludes me. Hey my dad just sprayed some flies. My fish wont go hungry tonight.

I do find that spranging the insects does slow them down for my dragons, sometimes i just keep spraying and just coat the flies with insecticide it gives them a nice orange flavour that my dragons just love

Hey, I used to do that as a kid with my food. I don't think it will hurt your lizards, afterall I turned out Ok.

By the way one of my pythons keeps looking up into the sky and having convulsions. Do u think I should just let it go. There are plenty of other pythons in the area so it should do ok.

Thats a not a hard to answer question really.
Its genetics should improve the wild types and the star gazing prob isnt much so i say go for it

OMG i think hes caught on, nd just wen Dabool was accepting down payments of 50% for hatchlings ahead of time. o well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back