Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*hear

You'd think a grammar nazi could get it right :p

DAMMNIT! Egh. Lack of sleep. My bad. afjg hghiw84yt5
And no one noticed til you piped up. Thanks. :p

But back to the cape yorks...
Hmm.. yes. Cheynei. Definetly cheynei. o_O

P.s. I haven't got a clue... in any matter. :D

Browny...When you get promised twice on two separate occassions that you WILL receive photos of a b&w pair of Julattens that very same night and that have been put aside for you, you sort of expect to get them straight away for 3k, not 2 months later and still not even one picture or a simple email just keeping me up to date??? Get The Picture Now? That's why I'm just a tad annoyed!

And as for the guy that contacted you some time ago, he is actually a very good friend who has a little more experience then you know, he just plays dumb...lol. And please get your facts straight before posting...I know for a fact and read it myself, that you told him that you would send him Tremain's details so he could contact Tremain and start correspondence, not the other way round! And the way you responded to him was way out of line! Maybe it's time to move on to something else that's a little less stressful for you!

But anyways, life goes on and I've had enough winging for one day as everyone puts it...lol. I wrote this more so others could be aware and so they don't get caught out as I have!

Mr Jag Whinger , out of curiousity , have you tried to sell something as nice as Tremain's B/W's ? , probably not !!!!.
I could not even begin to imagine the amount of time-wasters / photo collectors that he would have to deal with .
I'm not trying to defend Tremain's time frame ( i know he would want that , lol ) but he might just be busy .
Unlike some people , we have lives to live , work to do , family to spend time with , we don't all hang off the net 24 hrs a day , jumping to everyone's little wim .
Whinging about him on the net would be one of the DUMBEST things that you could do .
You never got caught out , he just didn't respond as quick as you would like . I don't think that he will have a problem selling his animals , so you will most definitly miss out now . LOL
At least this way , everyone else has moved 1 step up the ladder to buying some , BEFORE YOU . HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!
Mr Tagman , I'll have to put you on my " MUST JUMP NOW LIST " , when i breed my B/Y jungles / TrueBlue's hypo's / blackheads , just to remind myself who you are .
Cheers Sunshine , you put your foot in it today . HA HA HA HA
Jim

Rockman
You sound like the worlds biggest herp w**ker, Ive only just joined APS and im so disgusted in so many so called adults in what is a great hobbie (yes I Have a large collection of the highest quality animals) I will be asking to be taken off APS altogether and keeping to myself as I have done with my Herps for many years.

Go Jagman for having the balls to stand up for what you think is right!

They are the best looking snakes i think i have ever seen..... how much did you pay for them?
Where did you get them? PM me

Rockman
You sound like the worlds biggest herp w**ker, Ive only just joined APS and im so disgusted in so many so called adults in what is a great hobbie (yes I Have a large collection of the highest quality animals) I will be asking to be taken off APS altogether and keeping to myself as I have done with my Herps for many years.

Come on leaane , tell me what you really think ???

Rockman

Goodbye leanne,parting is such sweet sorrow,but its better you than them, Tuff Tittys :lol:

Well, it seems they should really be classed as Cape Tribulation B&Ws rather than Cape Yorks going off their size, appearance etc etc. They certainly don't look like Cape Yorks and by far look more like Cape Trib B&W jungles. Does anyone think this is wrong? And if so let us know why and your reasoning behind it? From what everyone says they are Cape Tribs.

For those on this thread that want to take out personal frustrations and those that wish to react to it, can you please do so in another thread, Tremain has been very helpful in this thread and it is greatly appreciated as it will benefit all who end up with these animals to have an idea of their locality.

Thanks
Daz

some how i think the localitiy description of cape york got mixed up with the cape trip ,
both start with cape , seems like a logical possibility to me ,
and curtainly going on appearance ? ,
your jungles look like cape tribs ,

re B&W

The thing is that they are all so varied in colour hugster,one of mine that came from shane had a good amount of light colouration some black surround with brownish and the other was less light and had much more brown.But it maybe as indicus says that not all of a cutch or population come out black and white even in an area like cape tribulation.Its really up to a buyer if they like the look of a snake,thats why shane dont make much fuss he just lets people decide in the end if they like them.:)

Hugsta, I will throw my 2 cents into the locality debate of these animals, although I admit I often have issues getting my point across in text, so bear with me.

I believe these animals will sell on their own merits easily. Im not a big fan of people asking or changing the locality info of their animals as I am of the opinion that locality data should be definite or other wise not given. I do understand that these pythons come with the broad locality Cape York, and Cape Trib fits within this boundary, but without definite collection data its no more than speculation, and further down the track may lead to pollution of the pure Trib lines, that is if the assumed Trib ID is wrong. This line is also known to have huge clutches, which in my mind also steers me away from the Trib locality anyway.

I guess the point im trying to get across is that, I like alot of others am really impressed with these pythons, and I dont think that the Cape York locality data detracts from the value that these pythons deserve and will fetch.

On the whole I am against the trend to determine locality data of animals with previously unknown locality based upon colour and pattern, because even in the scenario of a clutch there can be a diverse cross-section of different phenotypes.

Anyway, theres my 2 cents ...

Hugsta, I will throw my 2 cents into the locality debate of these animals, although I admit I often have issues getting my point across in text, so bear with me.

I believe these animals will sell on their own merits easily. Im not a big fan of people asking or changing the locality info of their animals as I am of the opinion that locality data should be definite or other wise not given. I do understand that these pythons come with the broad locality Cape York, and Cape Trib fits within this boundary, but without definite collection data its no more than speculation, and further down the track may lead to pollution of the pure Trib lines, that is if the assumed Trib ID is wrong. This line is also known to have huge clutches, which in my mind also steers me away from the Trib locality anyway.

I guess the point im trying to get across is that, I like alot of others am really impressed with these pythons, and I dont think that the Cape York locality data detracts from the value that these pythons deserve and will fetch.

On the whole I am against the trend to determine locality data of animals with previously unknown locality based upon colour and pattern, because even in the scenario of a clutch there can be a diverse cross-section of different phenotypes.

Anyway, theres my 2 cents ...

Couldn't agree more Ihaveherps.

By the way awesome snakes Hugsta, prefer one of those to a Jag anyday.

I see where you are coming from Simon, but the reason I am trying to determine their locality is not in regards to the money, but keeping them pure. As it works both ways, if I call them Cape Yorks and they are not, then they can be crossed out by someone not knowing any differet and advertised as Cape Yorks when they could in fact be Cape Trib/York mix.

I know the pythons sell on their own merit, that I can assure you. But how often are you asked for the locality of an animal? Quite often, especially when it comes to jungles as there is such variation from such a small area. It is alos, I suppose, for my own peace of mind as well. Having a better idea of where they come from will help me when I am explaining their history to prospective buyers in the future as well.

Cheers
Daz

Sweet as Darren. My post wasnt supposed to have the tone that the name was a marketing ploy as such, more as a vehicle to get my point across... but as i said, I have a bit of trouble relaying my message in text without causing confusion.

Regards,
Simon

You're right mate, no dramas. I understand what you mean. I would just lik to know their locale.....LOL. I don't care where they are from. That is why the title of the thread is Cape York.

Firstly; many apologies to you Daz for drama that i've bought to your thread; hopefully myself and a few others can take it else where......
Jagman; i can fully understand why your upset.... i've made it easier for you to air your grievances....please do so in a chit chat thread entitled "hang indicus"; after all it was for your benefit; and others that may have a problem with me.....you may get a shock; to know i've recieved emails from Browns and your mate Mr Webb (corrspondance between them). The difference is Mr [deleted] failed to include a few emails....interesting....how many of Mr Webbs emails did you not see?....regardless; if you wish; i'm willing to address your problems with myself further; just not on this thread....cheers.
Daz; i've spoken to a herper this evening in regards Shanes line of B/W's........which he is quite familiar with. Interestingly he informs me; that this line does have a high percentage of normal cape York looking animals??? One would think; if this line had been bred for a number of years; and there is infact several Sydney herpers with these B/W animals; i can assume given the fact; a large number had been bred; there must be quite a few nice adult B/W's in Sydney collections???...odd as i've not seen many pic's. It may help somewhat; in determining their origin if some of these keepers could post a few pic's of their nice looking adult B/W's....either way mate; i may be able to offer some more imput regarding locals; if i could in fact see some of the breeders. If you are able; or can find the time; it would be appreciated; if not that's fine. Having said that; i agree with Ihaveherps....it's only speculation; and just my opinion.
As expressed in an earlier post; the difference between juv B/W's and adult B/W's can be quite extreme....The percentage of young that hold their colour to adult; can vary considerably from one local to another.....
Just out of interest; heres a few pictures of some B/W's......Two are CT's; the other two are Cape Yorks; as seen on the western slopes of the Atherton tablelands. These Cape Yorks are not the average in regards their colour....ones that display this whitish colour; are few and far between. Great thread Daz; really got me thinking now; with these hot juv's of yours;)

Attachments

• DSCN2605.jpg
    DSCN2605.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN2551.JPG
    DSCN2551.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 392.jpg
    Picture 392.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 635.jpg
    Picture 635.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
No need to apologise Tremain, it was just that this thread has turned from a post about some Cape York Carpets to one that is questioning their locality and I jut wanted to keep it inline. No offence intended to anyone either.

I am not fussed either way as to their locality as they are hot looking snakes, end of story.

Not sure who you spoke to, but the clutch seems fairly consistant in colour and markings. Obvioulsy some will be nicer than others, but that is the way in any clutch. I look forward to taking pics of the whole clutch, eventually, to share with everyone. I will see if I can get some pics of the adults, may not be easy due to time restraints, but will endeavour to do so for you. The adults are also around 6 or 7 years of age, so obvioulsy don't look as good as they did in their prime at around 2yrs of age, like with any jungles, have lost some colouration.

I also have not seen any older animals other than the one that was posted by zobo in another thread and that was a pic of a 2yr old animal from Shanes lines. The thing is I guess is there are only a few hundred regular users on this site and there are over 13000 licence holders in NSW alone. So many of these would have been sold/swapped to a lot of people who wouldn't see this thread to post up pics of their animals. I would love to see some more pics of this line at an older age.

They may well be a rare colour form of Cape York Carpets. What size to Cape Yorks get on average. I though they get a lot larger than 6 1/2 ft. So what does that make them.......a dwarf Cape York perhaps. LOL :D It is an interesting thread and when it is all said and done, I would just like to be able to advertise them as either Cape Yorks or Cape Tribs, not that I need to at this stage. They have sold on the fact of what they look like although adding locality would be good. Your knowledge and help is appreciated.

Daz

I was not recomending a locality name change either guys ,
i was stateing what locality they looked in appearrance etc
based on my 23 years of living in north queensland and observing plenty of carpets from many different areas ,

i class cape york as being from lakefield up ,

Rockman

Sorry Jaglady / leanne what-ever , quick question , are jagdude's mum or girlfriend ?

somehow I dont think Jagman will be buying B&W carpets any time soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back