Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Ryano, orders are pretty much full at this stage, at least as much I would like to take orders for. There may still be some available but I will wait until I go through and sex them all so I can see what ratio of M's to F's there is so I can make sure those that are on the list get pairs.

LOL codered, yes willing to swap for greens, albinos and roughies...... :D:D:D

Hey Hugsta,HOT looking carpets there mate,any chance of some full body pics and would love to see some pics of the parents.Might help with some locality info.You say there's not much variance in a clutch which is rare in itself especially with jungle type animals where most jungle breeders know no matter how well you pick your breeders and still after years of line breeding they still get a lot of variation but do get better overall consistency in a whole clutch.

So what i'm saying if these breed offspring consistantly that are very similar to each other in overall pattern and colour for the whole clutch from young animals to adults you're on a really good thing ,and would suggest they could well be proper locality animals if they show very little variation in a whole clutch such as other various locality types.

I would love to see how many of a clutch remain the same colour and what they look like as adults?They definitely look like Cape Trib type animals as suggested and it's not at all unheard of 6 foot coastal jungles which is what Cape Tribs are but what part of Cape Tribulation?I don't know of anyone yet who has bred enough Cape Tribs or who could give an average clutch size and if these animals get to 6 foot in the wild why not larger in captivity and larger clutch sizes.Some Athertons have over 20 eggs per clutch regularly.Seen pics of 6 ft Mission Beach animals,they'd have to produce a decent sized clutch too.They have the right overall patterning for CT type jungles and a couple i've seen pics of remind me of Mark Sims spiders with the reduced thin black lines right down to head pattern which fits the CT profile.Do they have silver eyes even as adults?So i'm in agreeance that they may well be a form of Cape Trib jungle however different again to other CT's i've seen and what part of Cape Trib.

Without a doubt exceptionaly nice animals Hugsta,would love a pair when the list calms down eventually.I'd love to see some adult pics from this line if anyone has any and how they look as established adults.I'm sure i saw one pic a while back of what looked like an adult from the same line and it was a cracker,really nice white and great overall markings,looked Cape Trib bwhite to me.

Hey Browns, good to see your still alive......;):lol:

Will try and get pics of the adults if I can. Here are a few more pics of two others that I have and one of Shane's hold backs. I have seen about eight animals out of the clutch personally and they are all very similar, there is a couple of unusual maked ones as well as you can see in the pics. I wonder what they will throw when they are bred together in a few years time. The fourth unusual patterned was a bit smaller and a couple of sheds behind the others.

Let me know what you guy think.:D

Daz

Attachments

• Capey.JPG
    Capey.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Capey 1.JPG
    Capey 1.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Capey 2.JPG
    Capey 2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 132
  • Capey 3.JPG
    Capey 3.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 201
Guessing the last one is the hold back?

Oh, and I think yours is almost as pretty as mine Daz :p

$250?!?! I would of taken the whole bloody clutch!

Thanks mate,yeah still alive...only just though LOL

They look every bit cape trib to me now with those better pics especially if all offspring are pretty consistent with colour and pattern which will always vary to some degree.Will be interesting to see how they colour up regarding the white and how they go holding it as adults.

One hell of a score that's for sure would be great to have definite genuine original locality info as it's also quite possible a proper Cape Trib or any other locality type of bw jungle was crossed with something else similar such as a Kuranda or a cape york etc still producing a good degree of black and white animals which may account for some of the different ones,larger body size and clutch sizes which is just a thought.Just that the first pic in particular could easily pass as any pure locality top quality black and white,it's a screamer!

Thanks Daz....they look great mate.
I know of a breeder that has produced some CT's the last two seasons.....
He had eight juv's from eight eggs this season; and nine last year.
The female is quite small; very much the jungle....
I'm hoping he will allow me to get some shots to put up.
IMO....this is how it works;
True jungles, such as Palmerston's....short squat, small clutches etc are associated with the escarpments (found on and around the great dividing range).
Follow the water sheds; falling to the west from the top of the great divide; they mostly begin to look more Atherton jungle like......larger, mostly duller; with some influence i believe is associated the larger dry country, open forest cape york morphs.
If you now look to the eastern water sheds falling from the escarpments to the coast....the further away from the ranges the jungles can and often do appear larger; as i believe they at one time or another had some coastal influence....even though they appear jungle inregards colour and pattern.....and i feel are jungles; just different forms....(open forest morphs; or intermediates)
It's interesting to note; that most jungles found on the escarpments; weather they are black and gold, yellow or white; found to the north or found to southern range.....are generally speaking....small stocky types. The further you move away from this range in any westerly or easterly direction they tend to take on size and colour traits that can appear to be associated with either cape yorks to the west or Coastal's to the east.
Now given the fact that some of these forms are very jungle like......look like a jungle in every way other then size; i prefer to call them a open forest, or area form jungles....why? because their more jungle then coastal, or cape york. If they looked or produced sibling's that appeared coastal, or cape york (dry land forms - large snakes; skull and cross bones...often appear Darwin like the further west you go) well then by all means call them as such.
Regardless i believe this line has some great potential; as we can already see....stunning.
I can only imagine what some line breeding will produce.....a great project; which i carnt wait to see what the future holds. If possible can you or Shane please post some of the breeders that produced these hot looking juv's.....thanks in advance.

Thanks Daz....they look great mate.
I know of a breeder that has produced some CT's the last two seasons.....
He had eight juv's from eight eggs this season; and nine last year.
The female is quite small; very much the jungle....
I'm hoping he will allow me to get some shots to put up.
IMO....this is how it works;
True jungles, such as Palmerston's....short squat, small clutches etc are associated with the escarpments (found on and around the great dividing range).
Follow the water sheds; falling to the west from the top of the great divide; they mostly begin to look more Atherton jungle like......larger, mostly duller; with some influence i believe is associated the larger dry country, open forest cape york morphs.
If you now look to the eastern water sheds falling from the escarpments to the coast....the further away from the ranges the jungles can and often do appear larger; as i believe they at one time or another had some coastal influence....even though they appear jungle inregards colour and pattern.....and i feel are jungles; just different forms....(open forest morphs; or intermediates)
It's interesting to note; that most jungles found on the escarpments; weather they are black and gold, yellow or white; found to the north or found to southern range.....are generally speaking....small stocky types. The further you move away from this range in any westerly or easterly direction they tend to take on size and colour traits that can appear to be associated with either cape yorks to the west or Coastal's to the east.
Now given the fact that some of these forms are very jungle like......look like a jungle in every way other then size; i prefer to call them a open forest, or area form jungles....why? because their more jungle then coastal, or cape york. If they looked or produced sibling's that appeared coastal, or cape york (dry land forms - large snakes; skull and cross bones...often appear Darwin like the further west you go) well then by all means call them as such.
Regardless i believe this line has some great potential; as we can already see....stunning.
I can only imagine what some line breeding will produce.....a great project; which i carnt wait to see what the future holds. If possible can you or Shane please post some of the breeders that produced these hot looking juv's.....thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, but I just can't help myself....

I'm just absolutely amazed as to how indicus has the time to write all these novels, but for some reason still hasn't got the time to reply to his simple APS and email requests???

I've been waiting for months now just for a few simple photos of what he has available, including the 3k that he wants for a pair...hummmmm?

And now his asking someone else to take their own time out to send him information...HUH???

Maybe because it gets painfull when you are inundated with requests for pics and so on and he preferrs not to be a slave to the computer.

Maybe because it gets painfull when you are inundated with requests for pics and so on and he preferrs not to be a slave to the computer.

That's a fair enough comment and I do understand what you are saying there pike 1. But when it's someone that he knows that has been recommended from a reputible breeder and is a definate buyer...well, then you have to start asking questions, don't you?

It's also a sad fact with all these breeders coming out of the woodwork now with all these high quality b&w's and at cheaper prices, that indicus will slowly disappear in amongst other top quality breeders that do and will reply to you, wether your a time waster or not...that's just business, and it doesn't matter what business your in, it happens everywhere.

I recently spoke to Indicus and I do know he is trying his hardest to get through to everyone but snakes are only part of his life.
Regarding your second point yes there are other B&W's but not Julattens.

re B&W

Good looking carpets,ive seen shanes adults and bought some young ones,ive always thouhgt they was cheyni.What i call a cape york carpet is something that comes from cape york peninsular such as the irian jaya looking type from iron range or the type from wenlock river.Allot of the juvys that shane black produces have the dorsal stripe and look really deadly looking.Shanes junles have the best looking head regarding the shape,markings and eye bands.Bob Whithey has the ones i had of shanes so there will be a few getting about in the future.

Good looking carpets,ive seen shanes adults and bought some young ones,ive always thouhgt they was cheyni.What i call a cape york carpet is something that comes from cape york peninsular such as the irian jaya looking type from iron range or the type from wenlock river.Allot of the juvys that shane black produces have the dorsal stripe and look really deadly looking.Shanes junles have the best looking head regarding the shape,markings and eye bands.Bob Whithey has the ones i had of shanes so there will be a few getting about in the future.

Exactly zulu, I agree with you. They may not be Julatten's, but there quality of markings are just as striking if not better!

B&W

That's a fair enough comment and I do understand what you are saying there pike 1. But when it's someone that he knows that has been recommended from a reputible breeder and is a definate buyer...well, then you have to start asking questions, don't you?

It's also a sad fact with all these breeders coming out of the woodwork now with all these high quality b&w's and at cheaper prices, that indicus will slowly disappear in amongst other top quality breeders that do and will reply to you, wether your a time waster or not...that's just business, and it doesn't matter what business your in, it happens everywhere.
Why dont you have a winge :lol:

Exactly zulu, I agree with you. They may not be Julatten's, but there quality of markings are just as striking if not better!
HaHa youve cheered up :lol:

Well....Jag Man; unlike you; i don't live at a pc!!!!!!
Just for your information; i live a very different life to most; meaning i spend alot of time away from home....prospecting for a living.
I come home and feed and clean reptiles; say hello to the wife; and hopefully get the time to reply to all the requests that people ask of me!!!!..before i have to go back.
I've also had a couple of pc hassles; that have caused delay's.
This season has been a real test of my energy and patience (busier then any previous seasons); ask my wife; she's sick of making excuses for me....As i've expressed; i will and am endeavouring to get back to all those people that wish for one thing or another. What you may not realise; is some are more then happy to waste your time (time and time again); requesting information; that they could quite easily get from a $5 book!!!!! Also you may not realise; i have not been on APS for quite sometime???What does that tell you????....i'm not home.....and obviously unable to reply.
I will apologise to you personally "Sorry Jag Man; i will be in touch mate"
To those that know me; i'm always willing to help in any way i can; and always try to.
Just maybe you could help me out; and give me the understanding; that i am busy; and will get to you soon. Many apologises to those genuine, understanding people that are waiting to hear from me....i'll be in touch soon....cheers

theres quite a number of people around with breeding b/w julattens, you just have to know where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back