Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, there are other forms of true B&W's but my comment was regarding the fact that a breeder like Indicus would disappear because other B&W's now surfacing. Keepers who want pure Julatten B&W's will still go to Indicus for these animals and having seen the parents they have good reason to.

Exactly zulu, I agree with you. They may not be Julatten's, but there quality of markings are just as striking if not better!

re B&W

Indicus is a bit hard to track down sometimes,hes known to the pitanjarra tribes as "the ghost that walks with a gold pan in hand" he has a cave hidden in the atherton tableland full of B&W jungles and a dog called rebel ;)

lets stick to the topic jagman ,
start another thread if your going to start bitching ,
you crack me up zulu

Last edited:
At the end of the day the snake in indicus aviator is THE BEST snake i have ever seen.

There have been alot of stunning morelias on the net of late, but through my eyes that snake of trees would have to be my fav Morelia I have ever seen.

Sure there are other with them but out of all the Black and Whites I have seen Indicus are some of the best.

There are 50 ugly Jungles at Julatten to every good one, its nice to know locality but hot looking snakes will always sell before ugly ones regardless of there locality.

I think people are kidding themselves when they say that snakes only sell on locality.

piifft

I dont think there would be one true herper in australia that would not do back flips for the snake in his aviator

Nick

How many Julattens have you seen Jag Man????.....not many i'd expect.

Julatten's? That's a name and that's all it will ever be! Other names I've most definitely seen, and like I said...there quality and markings are just as good and that is what I am looking for, including a breeder that responds within a reasonable time frame!

Yes, I guess I am bitching, but that's just me, I'm a podantic scorpio and run a tight schedule just like you do indicus. I run two businesses from home, including a full-time job, plus looking after my growing collection of pythons and also a partner that I don't spend much time with because I'm so busy. But I can't stand not being responsive to potential customers...time wasters or not...but hey, that's just me ;)

I agree Nick, just look at Hugstas animals and the fuss they have created. Although I agree they are Cape Trib B&W's their origin is not known exactly but he will sell everyone for top $.
People will pay big money for locality animals but the same amount for beautiful animals of unknown locale and also for mongrels LOL.

Thats it ashley,

Like the carpet x ball,

If NO one knew what they were and some scientist said that they found a new south american species of boa ect everyone would be frothing at the mouth.

Alot of people make good cash out of snakes.

You only have to look at people still advertising common herps like bredli, womas ect.

I would rather get 5 clutches of stunning animals and sell them all as soon as you advertise them, rather then having 50 womas, 100 bredli, and 75 normal jungles. Locality is not going to pay the food bill lol.

Its nice to know where they are from but at the end of they day its only someones word. I have seen every colour and pattern morph from every locality from townsville to cooktown and you get animals from each of those locales that look exactly the same

I want to start enjoying my animals and put in the time the deserve.

Thanks for that info Tremain, very interesting. a little bit more info came to light over the locality, apparently they originated from a southern part of Cape York, so you would think, going off the pattern, they were more an eastern form. So with that in mind, Cape Trib would be considered as a southern part of Cape York IMO. Like you said in an earlier post, pockets are found further north of Cape Trib type animals and you can't really say Cape Tribs only occur in "X" amount of square KMs around Cape Trib as it such a huge area there would be no reason to believe they couldn't occur a few hundred kms away. Just a thought. Maybe you can shed some more light on this theory?

The first time I saw the hatchies I thought they were B&W Cape Tribs, but have spoken about them only as Cape Yorks as that what Shane was told. I even sent pics to Tremain shortly after getting the animals as I was doubtful over them being Cape Yorks. Many people have now called them Cape Trib B&Ws and I can see more reasoning behind that than calling them Cape Yorks, as they aren't much like Cape Yorks at all.

I have to agree Nick, morphs are becoming much more popular than just locale on its own. If it is a locality specific morph, than even better. But I think the future of the hobby lies with stunning looking animals rather then your average locality specific animal. Good looking animals sell very easy. But that is a another whole debate on its own I guess.

Daz

Thats true Daz......B/W CT's are found further north (for want of a better discription).....
The pockets we are referring to; are very confusing ...eg; one would see a coastal like animal; then over the hill a B/G; then crosses the creek to see a completely different animal; that looks like a Darwin...here in lies the problem in North Queensland. Just alone in my area; i've noted 3 different forms of Cape york type animals....
Regardless where, what, how.....if it's a stunning jungle with great colour;
it should always sell for top dollar; over any darker sibling etc.....
As any jungle breeder would tell you; only a percentage are the cream of the crop (per clutch); meaning their over all health and condition; colour!!!!! etc etc.....so stands to reason they will sell fast.....so they should to.
The difference in colour from juv to adult; is in most cases; if not all; is nothing but guess work....More importantly to me; is what percentage of young per clutch eventuate into a top looking adult. Each year most refine by line breeding etc to bring out those traits which they are trying to express; whether it be a good example of a area form; or the colour extremity or in most cases the oddities...regardless; that's up to each breeder.
If you think a great looking B/W was easy to come by; regardless whether it was an ivory morph (lighter Tully form etc) or Julatten's, CT's; whatever.....think again.
For instance; go find a 18 month old B/G jungle that glows (stunning animal IMO) for sale any where in Oz....not so easy; due to them being few in far between....same goes for hot subadults.
Most breeders sell their stock according to their appearance.
Each form is different in their own way....eg; you started with coastals....now you have to choose....eg striped; hypo's....this that; the other....each beautiful in it's own way.
I'm sure there are some awesome lines being worked with; high colours; locality examples; small clutchs; large clutchs; over all size etc....I'll leave it up to you; rightly or wrongly.
Oh bettter stop with the essay....have to reply to pm's ;)

Sounds like jagmans another impatient winger and has no idea about jungles.If Julatten is just a word to you why would you be interested in paying $3k for a air if you don't even understand them.Fact is Julatten produces the best black and white specimens available full stop and i reckon $3k is a bargain.Look at all the black and golds that have been around for years now still fetching top dollar from $800 to much more.

Sorry but if i was looking at buying a pair of animals for 3k from Julatten i'd like to know a bit more about the locality myself.There are probably a few other breeders with Julattens but are they as good as the lines indicus has?I've yet to see anyone produce better.What many people waiting must realise is the amount of hysteria the black and whites caused with people hassling Tremain non stop yet he still helps as much as he can.If he doesn't happen to get back to you it's for good reason and if you think you'll get better elsewhere away you go then.

Sorry to go offtrack there hugsta just get so sick of hearing people winging about these bw's.I had one guy get all narky on me cause i couldn't get Tremain to get onto him after 2 days lol go figure?Indicus is just a rude inconsiderate prick who hates herps and has crap reptiles lol

I'm going to go against the grain and say they look CRAP Darren! Crap you here?? They're not even bright gold and black like the usual pretty jungles! Who cares about Cape York anyway! ;)

:p

there will be some very hot black and whites in a few years.

Thanks Tremain, all very interesting.

So I guess the big question is what should they be classed as? On paper they are cheynei and therefore jungles. Is that what we should refer to them as in the future? It makes no difference to me as they are an awesome looking snake regardless of their name. it is more just a case of being as geniune as possible when selling them in the future.

No worris Browns, side track as much as you like.....LOL

I love you too Tatelina. :D:D

Sounds like jagmans another impatient winger and has no idea about jungles.If Julatten is just a word to you why would you be interested in paying $3k for a air if you don't even understand them.Fact is Julatten produces the best black and white specimens available full stop and i reckon $3k is a bargain.Look at all the black and golds that have been around for years now still fetching top dollar from $800 to much more.

Sorry but if i was looking at buying a pair of animals for 3k from Julatten i'd like to know a bit more about the locality myself.There are probably a few other breeders with Julattens but are they as good as the lines indicus has?I've yet to see anyone produce better.What many people waiting must realise is the amount of hysteria the black and whites caused with people hassling Tremain non stop yet he still helps as much as he can.If he doesn't happen to get back to you it's for good reason and if you think you'll get better elsewhere away you go then.

Sorry to go offtrack there hugsta just get so sick of hearing people winging about these bw's.I had one guy get all narky on me cause i couldn't get Tremain to get onto him after 2 days lol go figure?Indicus is just a rude inconsiderate prick who hates herps and has crap reptiles lol

Browny...When you get promised twice on two separate occassions that you WILL receive photos of a b&w pair of Julattens that very same night and that have been put aside for you, you sort of expect to get them straight away for 3k, not 2 months later and still not even one picture or a simple email just keeping me up to date??? Get The Picture Now? That's why I'm just a tad annoyed!

And as for the guy that contacted you some time ago, he is actually a very good friend who has a little more experience then you know, he just plays dumb...lol. And please get your facts straight before posting...I know for a fact and read it myself, that you told him that you would send him Tremain's details so he could contact Tremain and start correspondence, not the other way round! And the way you responded to him was way out of line! Maybe it's time to move on to something else that's a little less stressful for you!

But anyways, life goes on and I've had enough winging for one day as everyone puts it...lol. I wrote this more so others could be aware and so they don't get caught out as I have!

Oh man, you had to go and post them didn't you? Now there is a linching coming for Tremain.:rolleyes: how the hell is it his fault, I think you owe him an apology now Hugsta.:)

I can settle this right now, In Victoria we don't have a category for Junglles/Cheynei, they are just a Spilota. You can just send them down here to me Daz and you wont have to worry anymore about what they are...;) Sound fair?

Cheers Rob

I think to be fair and honest to everyone you have to call them cheynei. They just have too many Jungle characteristics to be anything else.

I'm going to go against the grain and say they look CRAP Darren! Crap you here?? They're not even bright gold and black like the usual pretty jungles! Who cares about Cape York anyway! ;)

:p

*hear

You'd think a grammar nazi could get it right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back