Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if were gonna keep going on about pittys being put down why dont we put down any that have been know to be an agressive dog, why stop there, dingos, hang on dont snakes bite people??? should they be put down??? , next time pub brawls start why dont we put the bloke down who started the fight...... the ones that are agressive are the ones mis treated, in anytype of dog, my bro got a staffie cross that was abused and was nearly put down as it was agro but now a year on its a baby, sleep on his lap in the ute not on the back and "loves" kids...
people that put the blame on the species of dog are just as bad as the owners of the dangerous dogs...... have no common sence
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, did you miss my sarcasm, can't tell online. From were I'm sitting your making the same point I was but unsure of why your quoting me.

Then you obviously dont understand my point. A well balanced and looked after gun wont cause anyone any harm, its when the gun is put in a good for nothing home that things turn sour.

We know we can treat this breed and its crosses seperately because it has a proven track record for fatal attacks. I am all for highly managing these animals but I dont know if that sort of government input is a viable option.
Registered guns are stolen all the time or go "missing" lets ban guns then obviously the harsh penalties don't stop thugs from killing police and drug dealers killing each other or their families. Registered gun owners have never accidentally shot themselves or someone else? and cross breeds and unidentified dogs are responsible for many attacks each year, and like i said the statistics are always very inaccurate and any one who's spent time looking into these things will tell you it's impossible to get a clear picture on any true stats other than fatalities caused by animals.

huskies and malamutes are responsible for more infant deaths than any other dog the information left out is in my mind the most important thing that should be brought up. Majority of the time when the husky has killed an infant is when the dog has been treated like a human or a surrogate child since joining the family. the child then comes along and takes over the dogs role. the irresponsible owner never teaches the dog its boundary around the child or it's new role in the house and the dog then challenges the infant for its spot back in the pack.

Should they then ban owners from getting one until their children are over 13-15 years old to avoid another death? Maybe just people with no children fullstop should be allowed them. I my self own and have bred huskies and have never been worried about my dogs hurting anyone. in fact my dogs love kids. They know their boundaries and place in my household.

Its People like yourself Grimbeny that go around scare mongering and converting uneducated people or people who are just happy to go with the flock following narrow minded people who want a dictator state. wait a minute I recall reading about NAZI's trying to do a similar thing to a group of people a while back. That didnt work out so well from memory. Very inaccurate comparison yeah? Some might say so. just like your dogs n guns comparison mate..

Last edited:
huskies and malamutes are responsible for more infant deaths than any other dog the information left out is in my mind the most important thing that should be brought up.

What are these stats based on? The american study which has already been posted in here atleast 3 times (http://roominate.com/blogg/dog_attacks_1982_to_2006_clifton.pdf) shows this to be not true (atleast in america) and I very much doubt it is true for Australia.

People in this thread just continue to fail to realise that although most individual dogs from all breeds are harmless and friendly some breeds are more likely to be bad eggs, esp. when kept by low lifes. This is not any individuals fault, just a correlation. Since guns were outlawed in Australia without a licence we have had a massive reduction in gun related crime.

The NAZIs tried to do what dog breeders like yourself have been doing to dogs for centuries.

wait......
Here we go, American yes but no such data has been compiled in Australia:

Dog Bite Statistics by Breed, Types of Pit Bulls, Are Pit Bulls Dangerous

In the above quote you refered to a website that refers to a study.

Above I have linked to the actual study results and as you can see your website is fabricated.

Does the readership of this website deserve an appology from yourself for spreading fabricated lies that have been shown to be false?

Last edited:
What are these stats based on? The american study which has already been posted in here atleast 3 times (http://roominate.com/blogg/dog_attacks_1982_to_2006_clifton.pdf) shows this to be not true (atleast in america) and I very much doubt it is true for Australia.

People in this thread just continue to fail to realise that although most individual dogs from all breeds are harmless and friendly some breeds are more likely to be bad eggs, esp. when kept by low lifes. This is not any individuals fault, just a correlation. Since guns were outlawed in Australia without a licence we have had a massive reduction in gun related crime.

The NAZIs tried to do what dog breeders like yourself have been doing to dogs for centuries.

We should never condone the eradication of a breed of an animal based on the actions of a few.....

Guns are illegal and even if they were'nt I would never get one, unfortunately there are a few of us out there that do live in an area where crime would be at a higher rate. Hence you would see why some people get certain breeds of dogs.

If I was going to jump a fence and help myself to somebody else's hard earned posseions.....
A choice between two or three houses, one with a small fluffy dog, one without or one with a pit?
Which one do you think would be the easy target to get my afternoon fix?

In saying that there is also the nuff nuts that do get these dogs as a form of compensation for their self esteem.....
Should we let these people dictate our choices in life.... I think not! That would be blatantly surrendering to the stupid.

In saying that there is also the nuff nuts that do get these dogs as a form of compensation for their self esteem.....
Should we let these people dictate our choices in life.... I think not! That would be blatantly surrendering to the stupid.

Well because we have failed to admit that there is a legitimate problem with pitbull like dogs a 4 year old is dead. As are atleast 104 americans.

As a matter of interest, American and Australian Bulldogs are the most common breed used to hide the fact that your dog is a pitbull as Staffies look nothing like them.

I was merely using staffies as an example; seeing as they share ancestry with the pit bull it's not like they're the most unlikely candidate for misleading identification.

Well because we have failed to admit that there is a legitimate problem with pitbull like dogs a 4 year old is dead. As are atleast 104 americans.

I'm not saying there isn't a legitimate problem with these types of dogs... I don't agree with eradicating the breed though. As with any animal out there that can do harm eradication would not be the solution but understanding and education is. Pit type dogs are not like regular dogs and education on what they are capable of would be the answer.

Hypothetically what if it was somebodies pet elapid that got out and bit the next door neighbours child (a frightening scenario) resulting in the death of the child. The public calls out for blood and death to all elapids.... Do we condone that as there's a nuff nut out there that uses elapids as a compensation tool for their self esteem as they do pit bulls?

In the above quote you refered to a website that refers to a study.

Above I have linked to the actual study results and as you can see your website is fabricated.

Does the readership of this website deserve an appology from yourself for spreading fabricated lies that have been shown to be false?

I admit it doesn't gel with the real study but on researching the methods used for conducting the real study and the reason why it was conducted I don't think it is any more credible than the website misrepresenting it. Ok, so there is a breed that continuosly attacks both women and children in it's own household. It has been reported dozens of times but each time it is allowed to return to the household. This breed is a human, it surely should be put down and the rest of it's breed banned and destroyed on sight. Of course not because that is condemning every human for the actions of a few. How is it any different. In fact it is worse because the perpetrator is human and can distinguish between right and wrong. Humans are so quick to judge and so slow to take responsibility.

Earlier someone stated that venomous snakes are regulated, yeah right! Not here in Victoria, if it's permitted to be kept you pay money and you can keep it. We already pay dog registration, we pay per dog, not one permit fee for all of them! The argument over which dog is more dangerous is ridiculous, you can quote stats all day, but in the end it is easy to manipulate figures to prove a point. We hear about big dogs attacking because they are bigger and cause more damage, there are lots of dog bites that go unreported, usually because of minimal damage. To ban an animal based on the potential of the breed to inflict harm on a human will be a very rapid decline in animal keeping in Australia, we keep many animals that can cause harm if not kept properly. This is why the owner should be held responsible for the actions of the pet, it's a control issue, correct housing issue and a training issue, not a dog breed issue.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an excellent article here in Adelaide in last weekends Sunday Mail (as a man down here was attacked by one of these dogs), the reporter basically summed up the majority of Pit Bull owners as thugs &/or meatheads. I agree. Fortunately public opinion will eventually force these dogs out of suburbia & 6 feet under.

There was an excellent article here in Adelaide in last weekends Sunday Mail (as a man down here was attacked by one of these dogs), the reporter basically summed up the majority of Pit Bull owners as thugs &/or meatheads. I agree. Fortunately public opinion will eventually force these dogs out of suburbia & 6 feet under.

Actually Chris you did indirectly by stating you agree with the reporters statement that most pitbull owners are thugs.

I know lots of people who own pitties and very few of them would fit into this category, infact many of them have rescued the dogs from pounds and taken them to obedience classes so they don't get destroyed because of over opinionated people who like to blame animals for the faults of the humans around them!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH my..Your all a joke look at you all!! half of you aren't even on topic. Fact is, there illegal, and will always be illegal. Face up to it and stop trying to help a messed up breed, and its messed up owners!

pffff please the Goverment has no idea how to deal to any situation other than to ban something or make up a law that inables them to fine or put fees associated to various things there slowly controling more and more things and we loose our rights more and more people dont kick up a fuss because they do it in the name of something ie. peoples safety road safety animal wellfare what ever they can sell it as to get it passed the masses in the name of something and if you oppose it your made to look like the worse person/group of people around like this you say Pit bulls are ok but then they say your a thug that just wants a dog to harm others pfff please how offten did you see police and security firms use pit bulls they dont they use larger dogs to knock people down if you look its happening to all areas of life these days to name a quick few the live beef export (could have worked something better out there) Victory and NSW reducing speed tollerences to 0% so if your doind 61 in a 60 you get a fine that in the name of safety but how safe do you feel knowing people are going to be watching there speedo more than the road to avoid a fine look there are many examples people need to stop having knee jurk reactions to everything and work out a better sollution because at the end of the day these breeds will be around no matter what, I happen to know a few people with cross breeds that have pit bull in them and have been cleared by council officers to not have pitbull in them so work that one out. there are many things that can harm us and kill us but you cant go banning everything crap snakes harm and kill how long till its illegal and or costs the earth to keep one and pay to have your enclosure certified and inspected ? just like dogs some councils make you pay higher fees if you have what they class as a dangerous breed and there are some 10-15 breeds on that list and i love it when people run the line there illegal so why go on about it like they have never once broken a law the fact is belive it or not the goverment and councils get it wrong at times but as long as there making money off something or seeming to appease the masses they will just continue to do as they do and make things tuffer and harder by taking the easy root on every thing to win votes or make $$$$ Pitbulls where breed to help with wild cattle and pigs then used in dog fights not to attack humans, breeds like rotty's and german sheppards are used to attack people and guard against people entering places im aware all dogs can do this but to turn around and say a certant breed was breed to harm and there for must be banned is stupid crap ridgebacks where breed to hunt lions but there are many dogs breed for many reasons and i would much rather fight off a 25kg pitbull than a 60kg+ rotty or sheppard

o and her is a good read to both help people when faced with a nasty dog probably a good thing to go through with your kids to help keep them safe and with some interesting stats
http://www.gtp.com.au/kidsafeqld/inewsfiles/inews.2773.1.pdf

Very cruel and Sick!!!!!! ***... i own thousands of dollars worth of birds and snakes..... but these dogs..... are sure not on my nice list. if i hate them then good on me like come on there has to be a negitive in every post!!!! LOL

My girl, Gypsy, was the best dog I've owned...Her owners died and she was about 4 when I got her...She was so loyal, absolutely great with kids, Biggest sook ever but...She was scared of just about everything (funniest thing was watching her at the beach, she was scared of the moving water...She'd chase my other dogs to the water line then bolt backwards when the water came in)
She was good with other dogs too, once when I was walking her we had a foxy run up yapping at her, she just sort of tilted her head looking at it as if to say "you can't be serious".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back