bear grils aussie kill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm out herping and i come across a particularly challenging bit of terrain I allways think to myself, What would bear do. And when I see odd animals and insects I think should I try and eat this, Bears my hero

Yeah its survival. Going to hotel rooms and staging stunts. [video=youtube;3UpSlpvb1is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is[/video]

You know not everyhting you see on TV is real right?

Gordo i ment the snake went with no fuss.just coiled around his arm, wàs not talking about his carrying methods.

I get what you're saying now. Oh man that is even more disgusting! Why would a snake do that!?

Thats my point. Bear Grylls isn't teaching real lessons if they were real lessons then they would be in a real scenario which he never seems to be in. So is he teaching survival? No it would only be teaching survival if it were real but its not. Its like showing people how to handle a venomous snake with a rubber one.

Most of the time ha does not even eat the snake, he just kills it then leaves. He is an idiot. He shows him climbing 20 odd meter vines....watched some behind the scenes thing and they had a full body harness on. Its an interesting to watch but i hate it when he kills all different animals for no reason.

Ben

Thats my point. Bear Grylls isn't teaching real lessons if they were real lessons then they would be in a real scenario which he never seems to be in. So is he teaching survival? No it would only be teaching survival if it were real but its not. Its like showing people how to handle a venomous snake with a rubber one.

Danny some very well respected handlers who run courses use rubber snakes. For serious.

Most of the time ha does not even eat the snake, he just kills it then leaves. He is an idiot. He shows him climbing 20 odd meter vines....watched some behind the scenes thing and they had a full body harness on. Its an interesting to watch but i hate it when he kills all different animals for no reason.

Ben

Doesn't he kill them to show what you would do in a survival situation?

I hope he meets something one day that eats him. That would be a nice change. I would happily watch that.

Bear Grylls is not allowed in my home. Everytime my BF has him on TV I yell at him.

I hope he meets something one day that eats him. That would be a nice change. I would happily watch that.

Bear Grylls is not allowed in my home. Everytime my BF has him on TV I yell at him.

If Bear knew you controlled him so badly then Bear wouldn't even want your BF watching him. Bear is for men only, not little girly men.

Danny some very well respected handlers who run courses use rubber snakes. For serious.

Doesn't he kill them to show what you would do in a survival situation?
You get what I mean though. They wouldn't use the rubber snake the whole time they would eventually take of the training wheels.

You get what I mean though. They wouldn't use the rubber snake the whole time they would eventually take of the training wheels.

Ah so you're saying that it is ok to represent a situation as something that it isn't really when you are trying to demonstrate something?

What I am saying is that giving a fake situation doesn't fully prepare people for the real thing and because of this people will blindly follow his "instructions" and most probably become urine soaked and die. If you are going to show it with a "non real" scenario at least admit the fact rather than going on about how dangerous it is.

And at the end if episodes a helicopter is magically running and ready to go haha. I know what the concept of the show is all bout. Just felt a bit gutted seeing one of our own beautiful pythons getting killed

What I am saying is that giving a fake situation doesn't fully prepare people for the real thing and because of this people will blindly follow his "instructions" and most probably become urine soaked and die. If you are going to show it with a "non real" scenario at least admit the fact rather than going on about how dangerous it is.
There is a disclaimer at the start of the show saying some of the situations are staged to show what should be done in those situations. Every episode he talks about people who have been in exactly the situations he is demonstrating and explains what they did or could have done to aid their situation.
I am a huge fan (I actually have a secret man-crush on him but don't tell my girlfriend ;)) and I think the haters should stop hating on him. I agree it hurts me every time I see a reptile killed but I'm sure the people who like fish don't like him eating them or the lovers of furry things get upset when he traps and kills one of them. If what he was doing was illegal he would have been pulled up for it and likely fined.

He could eat the camera guy if things get to bad.lol imgine being part of the crew and getting in a survival situation for real. U know bears going to eat ya hahaha

he really shouldnt be killing anything, seeing as he isnt really isnt even in those situations, and he has a team of people to help and crap! he should only be explaining how to kill to survive, not actually killing an innocent animal just because he wants to, when he doesnt realy need it.

The disclaimer or not. He says that what he is doing is real then it is proven fake. Making him a liar. I don't like the guy everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I will continue to hate him because of the way he goes about killing things. When something needs to be killed at least respect its remains and dont waste it kill it humanly don't smack it around like a childs plaything.

i think its great what he does, yes not everyone agrees with his methods and regardless of whether or not he is actually put in real life survival situations. and by saying hes not actually teaching us anything is just closed minded.
its no different to when you do a CPR course, you dont practice on real people that are dying as that would be stupid.

the whole idea behind the show it just to show survival techniques in some of the worst places in the world so that if someone was to get lost they could perhaps use these techniques to survive.

haah hes is a d*** h*** i saw one of his shows and he finds a keelback and hes like wooo wouldent like to get bit by this it mite be the end of me or something like that. i reckon when the camera turns off he gets out some stake and veggies and eats that lol

Danny boi, if i'm correct, he swings it straight into a rock, not playing with it.
I love the show, sure it's fake but he's still trying to teach you things that can help IF your in that situation.
guise stop dah hating kk.

I dont like anything being killed for no good reason

I saw it, he didnt kill it for no reason, he ate it, i dont like things being killed but he was showing us how to survive in the wild or if you get lost, and yeah he kept it then later he cooked it.

Danny boi, if i'm correct, he swings it straight into a rock, not playing with it.
I love the show, sure it's fake but he's still trying to teach you things that can help IF your in that situation.
guise stop dah hating kk.
I dont think its fake hay, i saw him get into a dead zebra and he was showing ya what bits to eat and how you can tell how long its been there for, he fully got on his hands and knees and ripped into it and swollowed what he ripped off then wiped the blood of his face and kept walking lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, didn't mean fake fake, i ment as in he's not put into the real situation.
yeah i saw that too.. dat was hawt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back