Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just flicked on Discovery Channel on Foxtel..... And was quite discusted to see a supposed Animal Show Presenter Kill, Cook and Eat and Olive Python in the Kimberleys......

Our law over here apparently is that only Aboriginals can kill and eat these snakes unless in dire emergency situations where you will die of hunger otherwise.....

I am sure this Jerk wasnt in that situation.....

The Presenter's name is Bear Grylls, and the show was Man vs Wild....... Showing at 5pm....

Tell You..... I am not Happy Right Now.....

Atleast it wasn't wasted. Because of the laws i doubt it would have been a wild snake, more than likely a set up captive animal.

And the not all aboriginies can kill native animals to eat, it can only be from areas where they have native title. So somone who originates from darwin can't go to the cape york and kill and eat native animals.

Bear Grylles
a) is more man than any of us will ever be
b) presents a great show, and I'm glad he teaches stuff like that. Sucks a snake died or whatever, but people kill animals all the time. He shows what to do and how to do it if you're ever stranded.

Boo Hoo :rolleyes: I see people run over snakes every night here and no one gives a ****. I had a fella show me a little vid the other day of himself running over a BHP more than once :evil: Dont always believe what you see on TV and theres always alot worse out there and most of the time its in your own back yard :?:rolleyes: Matt

I have no problems with it, i have seen most of the shows but havn't seen this one i will have to look out for it.I would think that they would of got all the legalities out of the way first. Yes he takes drastic measures, but he does teach people that these drastic measures might save your life one day if you are ever stranded somewhere very remote, Wait till you see him eat a fresh kill zebra raw or drink his own urine .

i think bear grylls is awsome, so he killed a snake big whoop, a survival situiation what makes eating a snake in a survival situation worse then killing a rabbit or similar, what else would he of eating, and cmon he had been drinkinging his own piss for the previous few days, he s gotta eat something

That just sux. What ever happened to the humble Witchety Grub? I hear they taste like chicken

Bear Grylls isn't an animal show presenter, he's a survival show presenter. Gotta agree, drinking your own urine and eating raw zebra takes the cake.

Great show.

Think I'd rather a cool beer and a burger.

Bear Grylls wot a champ
hav been wating for a show like this 4 years!
i remembr the great malcolm douglas doin a few similar doco's wen i was kid , i remembr him catchin file snakes and cros to eat with the koori people from arhnemland (scuse the spelling)
was bloody awsome to watch and learn aussie bush survival skills that all herpers hoo love goin bush should probably learn.
to have bear grylls cum out with this set of doco's with a truckload of info on survival skills that can be used all over the world.
many of us may not get to see alot of the places he goes too but alot of us go pottering around in our own bit of bush and may get stuk sum day and that little bit of info u scored from bear could be a matter of life and death to u?
like i sed b4 Bear Gryls wot a champ
so it was an olive they are not on the endangerd species list, how many r out there in the bush, how many of us have sum of our own ?
relax its 1 animal , its not like we r all gonna go out camping and fix ourselves nice pot of bush olive stew, or nice mess of roast olive python with sweet bush tatys and veg.

KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT PRACTICE IS ONLY INFORMATION !

I have seen a show of his when he was in America and left a rattle snake because it was a protected species, but then he can kill one of Australia's protected species without a care? I like the show, albeit the "survival situations" are all set up to show what to do in an emergency.

I’m a little over his garbage to be honest. I was watching him eat scorpions, and live fish and all sorts of crap this morning. The next thing he’ll be munching on will be his own turds you’d think. I also saw him throw a piece of god-knows-what (looked like a bit of cast iron tube) at a wild rabbit he’d crept up on (he probably ate that raw also???). He was also eating a pig’s eyeball that he cooked in a hot thermal spring! I mean, seriously!! The next thing he’ll be doing is belting some indigenous tribesman over the head and eating him!

For the sake of entertainment, I don’t think he could go past sticking one of those huge desert scorpions down his dacks and then proceeding to complete an Irish jig. Where does this bloke stop???

I don’t mind some of it, but seriously, biting a swamp snake in half and eating the ass end out of it goes a bit extreme. It’s not survival – survival is him getting bitten out in the woods by a rattler and then trying to save himself! I wanna see him fight a Grisly with his bear hands or try and outrun a polar bear :D Now that’d be entertaining ;)

I dont have a problem with it, although this guy does sound like a loser judging from the other threads there have been on him. I prefer Rob Bredl's show or the old bush tucker man.

I dont have a problem with ppl eating common and abundant species if they feel the need(have fun with all the parasites). Its when ppl kill endangered species that really gets me, especially considering the descriminatory way that it is allowed.

Thinking about it i(or my animals) eat native wildlife fairly often, native wild caught fish and roo are often on the menu here.

My opinion- Its illegal. Just because worse stuff happens doesnt give license to people to break the law just to make a buck on TV. Have him charged and banned from entering Australia again. Anyone can survive in the wild with a camera crew, back up team and caterers.

Maybe someone should contact CALM for their view on the matter.

My opinion- Its illegal. Just because worse stuff happens doesnt give license to people to break the law just to make a buck on TV. Have him charged and banned from entering Australia again. Anyone can survive in the wild with a camera crew, back up team and caterers.

Maybe someone should contact CALM for their view on the matter.

Yeah well its obviously illegal, dont see how that has anything to do with opinion. The law aside(hypothetically) what is your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back