Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the show has some good tips and is entertaining but i dont beleive its all the real deal. alot things look crooked up to make it more exciting to watch. he's like a wilderness macgyver, i like the aussie one's better though.
good on ya rob, malcolm and les!

If it had been a koala which he had eaten? there would have been a public uproar, as it is most people don't hold a high regard for herps so it doesn't garner much publicity,(but protected is protected,) in a survival situation I would eat anything to keep alive, including a cute little baby koala, but he could have had a roast beef sandwich with his filming crew!

I think that he should go back to england and kill and eat their native animals.
If I get caught killing or eating a snake as an indiginous person I can still get in to trouble unless in the right area.
all snakes are protected in Australia and yet we let this guy kill and eat a snake on TV.
I wander if they have a permit from Australian authorities to use reptiles on TV footage.
This guy should be charged to the full extent of the law the same way as if he was showing the dangers of buying heroin. Both illegal but you would only get charged over the second one.
Go figure.

saw an iterview with him on fox and the only thing he has with him is 1 cam guy

dont believe everything you see on telly mate.

he's not going to dob himself in on his own interview, and fox dont want to tell all that goes on because they air the program.
im sure they dont let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

I'm pretty sure a travel show recently showed that you could go to Kakadu and be taken on a bush tucker tour by the local Aboriginal people. On that show they cooked up a Water Python

saw an iterview with him on fox and the only thing he has with him is 1 cam guy hoo duz exactly wot he does and goes for the day chopper grabs cam guy takes him bak to base camp , bear stays whereevr he is with only his knife , canteen and maybe a flint!
new cam guy gets droped off in the morning and they continue!
the guy is an ex special forces and forign leginare hoos tryin to teach ur ingnorant dumbass's sumthin about survival ......
i sware this site is just bitchfest apon bitchfest apon tall poppy syndrome crap wen will we grow up as a bloody nation and learn sumthing instead of cuttin them down.
herd the same sorta bitch crap sed about steve irwin on another thread and the poor brother has left us, and there sum out there on this site still cutting him down and the dirt is still fresh on his grave !
when will it end peeps?

gets a bit boring to hav to sift thru the bullsh,it to get to the relevent info.
its a shame really!

Its not real, its a tv adventure show. He's trying to make a marketable commodity to sell to gullible armchair wannabees.
Get your own life. Its like Playstation only you have even more involvement and when you injure yourself you bleed.

Peter, you're disturbing me; I'm unable to help but agree with you. Can you stop warping reality and say something stupid? :p

I've always marvelled at these outback documentaries, with some guy out there on his own, fending for his life. They always have amazing robotic cameras, and I just love the way they always manage to track down the footage from the people who just happened to be flying over them with helicopters, with video cameras running. Funnier still are those precious scenes where there are trees behind the camera, which cast shadows into the shot, which look so much like a large camera crew.

I also love the amazing scenes of the wild. It's amazing how they manage to find natural scenes which look so much like the inside of vivaria!

Oh well, people are easily pleased and even more easily fooled :)

There have been some semi-authentic docos made. Malcolm Douglas would sometimes go out with just one cameraman, and Harry Butler used to make some cool shows :)

do u know absolutly 100% that it isnt tru?
doubt it .
u can believe that man landed on the moon or u can believe that they filmed it in HOLLYWOOD!
u can believe michael jackson touched up young young boys or o.j killed his wife or even J.F.K. was killed by the F.B.I u all saw it all on tele and herd it on the radio ?
Like i sed before about this site applys to tele,radio or life itself hey even the bible the greatest fairy story book of all , u gotta sift thru the bulls,hit and find ur own truth!
u can believe wot u want , and so will i !

eat the olive and get home safe buddy , now how do i catch me a ringtail possum i herd they are devine with braised onions and honey carrots hahahaha

thanx chim on the heads up bout the bushtucker tour , will have to look into that !

hah, you fool, dont you take anything in, the moonlanding was filmed in Cleveland.

I have just been watching it on youtube(first time ive seen it), he seems fairly intellegent and knowledgable. Looks like a fairly good show. Obviously such a show isnt going to be 100% real its a TV show made for ratings, that said IMO it isnt really relevant if its 100% real or not.

I PMSL when he said "they'd take would take what the land would give them and no more" how could they take more? :lol:

Jeff Corwin and Austin Stevens are more bad ass.

Corwin haha that guy is a laugh.

Stevens, the day he actually finds a 'wild' snake will be the day.

Haha, I know, it's so staged.

And Corwin is nuts, he makes Steve Irwin look asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back