Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
austin stevens is a bit of **** must admit , corwin is comical but shows sum awsome animals.
but 2 different shows entirely 1 is an animal wildlife show 1 is a adventure survival show and there on 2 separate chanels ?
1 guy presents the animals 1 guy presents the harsh land and how to get out if ur ever stuck there.
where duz the comparison lie , that they r both on t.v?
wot is it that is so unbeliveble, that u can get out of the bush using these technique's or the fact that its being filmed and that he may or may not be actually tuffing it out to show u?
Who friggin cares , shut up and learn sumthing instead of makin uneducated guess's in wether it staged or not .

If your "English" wasn't so hard to read then I'd bother.

I dont think its that bad from a survival point of view.Aboriginals eat them all the time along with many other snakes like the afura file snake.

bear grylls might do some stupid things.
but if i was stuck out in the bush somewhere. hes the one id want there.

"Watch this program if you want to broaden your mind. So what if he is sleeping in a hotel when he brings you the survival skills to survive in the wild? Would you drink fluid from elephant dung for everyone's entertainment? That's survival skills and it doesn't matter if he hogs the hotel toilet the whole night after that. ..."
-Alan, Singapore, Singapore

It is an interesting show, and although he does a lot of seemingly ridiculous things, its hard to fit several days survival into a 1 hour show :) and who cares where he sleeps at night? Who cares if he has one cameraman or twenty? The point of the show is to teach you survival techniques, some of which you mightn't think of but could end up saving your life. It's not made by Bear Grylls to show off how amazing he is (although he is pretty amazing.. who the heck climbs Everest only 2 years after breaking their back??) it's a survival show.

If I'm stuck outback without food and I stumble across a big juicy olive python, I know what I'm having for dinner!

What, this bit?

Re: the recent press accusations of motels and stagings in the show that have been doing the rounds, all I can say is they don't always tell the full story, but that’s life and part of being in the public eye I guess.

The upshot is we’re determined to make all new shows more inclusive of the crew and their role. Discovery and Channel 4 will also include a disclaimer at the start of the show so there's no confusion.

Sounds like he's pretty much admitting that he's never really alone

exactly croc hunter penny , we hav established he is not always alone no 1 sed he was doing it all alone !
the fact of the matter is he is teaching survival skills, er thats it really.

oh and by the way my grammer is not the topic of conversation, if u wanna create a thread about the use of incorrect "english" as u put it then create 1 and use my post's as an example if you want , otherwise stick to the topic.
execellent
now carry on people!

It's just entertainment, forget telling pasty poms how to eat a python to survive, give them advice on how to avoid becoming the victom of a serial killer targeting european back-packers :shock:

Is anyone here actually stupid enough to need to see someone kill and eat a snake to understand the concept "If you're starving, you can eat an animal"?

yeh but how do u catch it , how do u find it ?
im sure these are skills u picked up in bush survival studies.
wish i had that class

Can someone please tell me what the negative impact of him eating 1 common unthreatened snake is?

Is anyone here actually stupid enough to need to see someone kill and eat a snake to understand the concept "If you're starving, you can eat an animal"?

are you serious? its a TV show, who would watch it if he just sat down and read a survival book?

TV shows are supposed to be about entertainment, i think this bloke does a good job. Obviously he isnt really risking his life too much(he could no doubt ring up for help if he was going to die), but it wouldnt be the same if it wasnt made out to be real.

Hehehe most people couldn't catch a domesticated rabbit let alone a wild animal :lol:

Lets face it, half the people watching the show wouldn't get 100mtrs through a swamp without requiring a break at their favourite Hungry Jacks or McDonalds haunt 8) and they aren't going to be getting lost in any wilderness any time soon from their couches :lol:

I'm getting tired of seeing shows like this where some bloke hacks and chops his way through animals and virgin jungles with a bunch of obnoxious, cologne smelling, gum-chewing cameraman under the guise of a survival program :rolleyes: Who the hell carries a knife like that on them in a plane anyways??? I wanna see him do all this stuff using a Qantas issue plastic fork! :twisted:

ps: When was the last time you heard of someone who had wandered away from their broken down 4x4 and died of thirst in the outback, with rescuers later discovering the radiator was full of water??? :p

Hehehe most people couldn't catch a domesticated rabbit let alone a wild animal :lol:

Lets face it, half the people watching the show wouldn't get 100mtrs through a swamp without requiring a break at their favourite Hungry Jacks or McDonalds haunt 8) and they aren't going to be getting lost in any wilderness any time soon from their couches :lol:

I'm getting tired of seeing shows like this where some bloke hacks and chops his way through animals and virgin jungles with a bunch of obnoxious, cologne smelling, gum-chewing cameraman under the guise of a survival program :rolleyes: Who the hell carries a knife like that on them in a plane anyways??? I wanna see him do all this stuff using a Qantas issue plastic fork! :twisted:

ps: When was the last time you heard of someone who had wandered away from their broken down 4x4 and died of thirst in the outback, with rescuers later discovering the radiator was full of water??? :p
lol but radiator coolant is pretty nasty if you drink it

umm so dont watch, 120 odd channels on cable to choose from, u could try sumthing a little tamer like spongebob squarepants or learn to crochet on the HOW TO channel.
Me im gonna watch Gryllsy and learn to poche ostrich eggs for brecky toped of with a tall water canteen full of icee cold muddy water!
mmmm yummm

umm so dont watch, 120 odd channels on cable to choose from, u could try sumthing a little tamer like spongebob squarepants or learn to crochet on the HOW TO channel.
Me im gonna watch Gryllsy and learn to poche ostrich eggs for brecky toped of with a tall water canteen full of icee cold muddy water!
mmmm yummm

Hehehehe spongebob :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back