Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One jungle does not equal all jungles.
Compared to other hatchy pythons jungles in general are much more snappy/highly strung,darwins come a close second.

I agree, just because there are Jungles that are very friendly and placid doesn't mean that the one you get will be. I got a Coastal as my first and he's the most beautiful creature you could meet but my 1 year old Jungle is a totally different story, I've only managed to get her out once without being bitten, I"m putting in the hard yards and working on it but as a first snake just make sure you are not only prepared for the worst but thought about what you will do if you end up with a "chainsaw". So long as you're committed you will be fine :)

Go the Jungles :D Spotted was my first snake but that was just because they were bred locally and was easier to get in contact with the breeder. I really wanted a Jungle and I got one as me second snake!!! Everyone told me not to get one. People even told me I'd end up wih no fingers!!! Well they're wrong :) I have the sweetest, friendliest little girl ever! She only bit once and that was because dad was picking her up wrong :/ Jungles are awesome! Beautiful and stunning. If you want a Jungle, get a Jungle. They are one of the best IMO :D

Spotteds are also another of my favorite. My girl has been the best little snake in the world. She comes to the lid of her click clack everytime I come over and when I'm doing my homework she comes right to the wall of the tub to say hi! She sits there as well just watching me :) And when I take her out she never strays to far from me and always climbs straight onto my hand. The best thing about spotteds is that they are so god darn friendly! I call mine a puppy dog because she keeps coming to say hello. I love her <3 I hate to pick favorites but I love little Jasper the most! She is my little snakey :D

My recommendations are: All Anteresia, Jungles, Bredli's, womas, diamonds.

I feed all my snakes with tongs. :p

I'm with you sharky.....jungle all the way! I think the poor buggers get a bad rap. I've seen quite a few and have handled all the hatchies the breeder I go through had on hand(was picking out which one I wanted to buy) and only one out of a dozen had a go at me. My jungle Steve slid around my neck and into my shirt, so he pretty much chose me! My brother and I both own jungles, and they're extremely placid....but the spotted my brother owns has started to turn into a lunatic, so there's no guarantee with any species really. So I'd say take Lonqi's advice and look at as many in person as you can and there will definitely be one that "chooses you"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back