Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny-P

Reaction score
Hi all, My youngest son has a Spotted python now my eldest son wants a snake but would like a python that grows a little bigger. He would like a Jungle python but I heard they can be more aggressive than other carpets. What would be a good snake for him. He is 10.

Murray Darling, Bredli, Woma, Albino Darwin, Rough Scaled Python, to name a few, alot to to choose from but still all comes down to individual personalities

Nothing wrong with a coastal carpet. Was my first snake

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I'd get him what he wants. I wouldn't let species type be a deterrent. It comes down the individual snake you get.

Nothing wrong with jungle pythons. When you are looking to purchase one just look for a calm one. No point in getting him a species that he doesn't fully want to own. If you are really worried about a hatchie being bitey just look for an older one that is already used to handling and doesn't bite. Simple.
Cheers Cameron

Thanks all, good feedback. He still wants a Jungle so that's what he will get. Let the searching begin

Ohh gosh, a young jungle bite hurts less than stepping on a piece of lego. Get the kid something he things looks amazing and let him handle the bazeezuz out of it. My jungle was a chainsaw and now she's a complete pussycat, handle it from a young age and it gets the bite out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back