Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dermals are a far better option than surface piercings IMO
they are a single entrance piercing which means there is less tissue to heal and therefore also less chance of infection.
also, theyre great piercing but only if theyre done by a good piercer, make sure they're in deep not just sittin on the surface.
i found that much surface piercings ripped and rejected so easily and ive had my dermals for 3 years now, 2 ripped out at my own fault.

much cleaner and nicer looking than surface piercings.
:)

Yeah my two surface piercings (which where about 4/5cm from entry to exit point) got sooo infected (they were GREAT for a couple months tho) I tried to get them better and wouldn't give up them now I have two big scars on my chest which are ALOT better than they used to be but still . . . only prob with dermals is when/if you ever wanna take em out *ouch*

Yeah my two surface piercings (which where about 4/5cm from entry to exit point) got sooo infected (they were GREAT for a couple months tho) I tried to get them better and wouldn't give up them now I have two big scars on my chest which are ALOT better than they used to be but still . . . only prob with dermals is when/if you ever wanna take em out *ouch*

If you're prepared to get dermals, you're prepared for the eventual pain of getting them in and then getting them OUT :lol: only an idiot would get them and not consider all the pros/cons, risk and pain (and in no way am I saying you're an idiot)

That's exactly it. I found, however that the dermals didnt hurt any more than other piercings. It was more the pressure applied to them after they were in to get them to sit deep and in the right place that kind of hurt (a bruising pain)
as for gettting them out, i used to have 3 on my chest, now i only have one and i feel lopsided but i keep procrastinating when it comes to putting another one in to even my self out or taking it out completely hahaha

modification is great! it's more the acceptance issue thats hard to deal with.
i've been judged for being modified and i've been judged for having snakes!
it's all personal choice.

That's exactly it. I found, however that the dermals didnt hurt any more than other piercings. It was more the pressure applied to them after they were in to get them to sit deep and in the right place that kind of hurt (a bruising pain)
as for gettting them out, i used to have 3 on my chest, now i only have one and i feel lopsided but i keep procrastinating when it comes to putting another one in to even my self out or taking it out completely hahaha

modification is great! it's more the acceptance issue thats hard to deal with.
i've been judged for being modified and i've been judged for having snakes!
it's all personal choice.

Just curious, how long and why/when did you have to get the other two taken out of your chest? 3 out of my 4 are on my chest.

haha, well, i'm in love with my eyebrow piercing, now i'm gonna try and convince my mum to let me get my lip pierced!!!

Last edited:
I have a "snakebite" piercing (how appropriate? and I only found out it was called that when I got it done :lol:) although I seem to have them a lot closer together than most snakebites, maybe about 1-1.5cm apart.
I also have a tribal design tattoo on my upper arm which I love, but I think piercings are my fave - it's all over quickly! I'd love more piercings, if I could only decide what to get next...

If you're prepared to get dermals, you're prepared for the eventual pain of getting them in and then getting them OUT :lol: only an idiot would get them and not consider all the pros/cons, risk and pain (and in no way am I saying you're an idiot)

Imo i have found dermals really painless to get in and out. I even just remove them myself

Just curious, how long and why/when did you have to get the other two taken out of your chest? 3 out of my 4 are on my chest.

Well my middle dermal was ripped out when i was folding a fuzzy woolen blanket last winter and it got caught.
My right dermal got pushed out half way when a friend gave me a very excited hug and she pushed it out pf place with the palm of her hand...so i just pulled it out after that.
Haha so only even had one removed when it played up a bit and decided to remove then put back in by my piercer. Didnt find it too painful, but it was akward!

Got the first installment done today. Because of the amount of removal we decided to do it in 2 parts to prevent infection. I also found out im immune to blue gel, which sucked

Attachments

• 090520101420.jpg
    090520101420.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 090520101424.jpg
    090520101424.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 090520101425.jpg
    090520101425.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 131
That is Awesome. That really had to hurt. Can't wait to see it when it heals over

Ok, well, I would prefer it if there were no "You are so stupid" comments with this next statement as I did it under a very hygenic situation using quite expensive, hospital grade medical equipment and they turned out quite well. Anyway, back on to the subject, I have done a small scarification of my name on my leg and a faded, not very well done, scarification of freedom in Japanese on my arm.

Wow a lot of these look awesome. Pity I'm too chicken **** to go for much myself :p

Very nice!!! I'm guessing you got that done at sacred art?
Yep

Ok, well, I would prefer it if there were no "You are so stupid" comments with this next statement as I did it under a very hygenic situation using quite expensive, hospital grade medical equipment and they turned out quite well. Anyway, back on to the subject, I have done a small scarification of my name on my leg and a faded, not very well done, scarification of freedom in Japanese on my arm.

Nothing wrong with some experimentation at home, i have plenty of diy done

for the love of god man! what stoicism! though i get what you mean when you talk about the endorphins and relaxation, after we brand calves they go all silly and docile - sorry if the analogy offends.

I'm studying medieval history at the moment and i have to say, this is very reminiscent. I just wrote an essay on this guy who was executed by mock coronation where they tied him to a red hot iron throne and crowned him with a similarly red hot crown till his blood boiled. eww.

weird question, where do you get the stuff to do it from? i'm guessing it's not one of those things you pick up on ebay...

congrats webcol. that looks @#$%ING awesome. wish i had the balls to get some scarification done. i think i will just settle for getting my tongue split for now. i have researched it intensively and think im ready for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back