Book recommendations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
africancichlidau said:
Crikey, I wonder who that presenter could have been? Must be someone who knows next to nothing about his subject?

You're telling me (edited by moderator) is a presenter!?

Moderator's reminder: personal insults are against forum rules.

Oh ok...you can only insult people who don't come to this site...I get it.

africancichlidau said:
Crikey, I wonder who that presenter could have been? Must be someone who knows next to nothing about his subject?
He knew enough to not panic and find out what bit him. Personally I don't bother a snake I can't 100% identify ( that doesn't mean things like "Oh I'm 100% certain thats a tiger, I can bother it" ) , I don't bother keelbacks Tropidonophis mairii for precisley that reason.

But I ain't surrounded by a dozen other people, all of whom are proberly conversent in first aid.
The cynic in me says it was staged but why show the public that you don't know everything.

It had the right effect, didn't it? We're talking about it.

If you think that someone who is obsessed with reptiles and grew up in the heart of the Sunshine Coast DOESN'T know what a Keelback is...well...you're not very smart are you?

It's called TV, people.

Just for the record...Steve has never been bitten by a dangerous elapid.

sxereturn said:
If you think that someone who is obsessed with reptiles and grew up in the heart of the Sunshine Coast DOESN'T know what a Keelback is...

It was a slatey-grey Stegonotus cucullatus that bit him. They are a bit thin on the ground at the sunshine coast.
And its me who won't play with keelbacks.

The most amazing part is that Steve actually read a book! Although he probably had to get Terri to help him with the big words.
Maybe he had the colour by numbers version?
It's interesting that he has never been bitten by a dangerous elapid.I guess there are somethings that even a snake wont eat.

Amish?
Do you have large muscular mice from running your compressor or do you have to wait for the lightning ? What's the computer like? a live mouse with a wooden box? Graphics are a flip notebook and a pencil with a rubber as the delete button.

Make me some Sour Dough Bread please.

BOOKS! Rick Shine and Swan.
Greebo - get your eye back. lol
Mudmumma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back