Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice pair rednut, especially that male, he is stunning!!

Thanks. I've yet to find a female (for sale, when I have the dosh...) with the same colouration as him, the females I have are all orange. The colubrids are kept out in our lounge, because they are interesting to watch and generally be around. When we turn the TV on at night he goes up that end of his tank and sits up, looking at the moving colours and lights. Looks for all the world like he's watching TV with us. Hoping to breed him this coming season, have just been waiting for a girl to be of size.

Last edited:
haha thats awesome, they have a lot of character, i love how they zoom along then suddenly stop an pop their head up an look straight at you with their lil poppy out eyes an wiggle their neck lol i laugh every time!!

good luck with breeding... wayne's pair are a bit opposite with the female whiter an the male more orange..

Nice tree snakes, love the gold phase animals. Nice clean night tiger too.

Quite possibly. I was told when I swapped him that he was an NT animal, although he does look like others I've seen from WA. Having said that I have seen animals in qld that also resemble him (He came to me via VIC). Well travelled snake :lol:

See i was thinking that at first too, but i had to put some serious curry into making them pop that far they would have been not much longer than 2 scales and i remember probing them and the boys go well over 10 subcaudals. All the other colubrids i've popped have spiny looking hemipenes and are alot longer, are BTS a bit different?
I don't think that there's any female body parts that can be protruded from the cloaca like in your photo. I'm against popping snakes to determine gender though and strongly advise against doing so, as damage can be done; especially in adults where the musculature is well-developed.
Perhaps someone who has experience with popping Boiga irregularis can comment on whether or not these look like hemipenes or not.

I don't think that there's any female body parts that can be protruded from the cloaca like in your photo. I'm against popping snakes to determine gender though and strongly advise against doing so, as damage can be done; especially in adults where the musculature is well-developed.
Perhaps someone who has experience with popping Boiga irregularis can comment on whether or not these look like hemipenes or not.

Don't worry, it was dead.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it mate. It worried me when you said you had to put some serious curry on it to make something pop out!
I didn't want the kiddies to try this at home.:eek:

More rubbish pics on another rainy day :lol:
New adult female from Dottyback. The tiles in the photo are 50cmx50cm, so she's a good sized girl. Got here yesterday and took a feed last night no issues.
P1040160.jpgP1040144-1.jpg

404310_2800697051498_1080709962_2796970_728309072_n.jpg

How placid/flighty are any of these guys to keep?

Depends on the animal. As a general rule they don't take to being handled as well as pythons and are apparently easier to stress, mine tend to deal with intrusions/handling pretty well, only one is a finicky feeder and she's the same if she hasn't seen a human for a month or gets handled every day, was WC on license and just hasn't adjusted as well as some. They move faster on the whole, but that doesn't make them flighty as such, they are just a step up from pythons in that regard.

Northern tree snake
Brown tree snake
Common tree snake
Bockadam
Macleays water snake
Slatey grey
Slatey Brown
White Bellied Mangrove snake
Richardson's Mangrove snake
Keelback

Actually there is only
6...2 dendrelaphis 2 stegonotus, 1 boiga, 1 tropidonophis