Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
404310_2800697051498_1080709962_2796970_728309072_n.jpg

is that a patternless brown tree snake d3pro?

what ever morph it is it looks interesting. goodluck with proving this guy out.

never new the amount of colours the tree snakes came in can anyone tell me what cluch sizes are like?

i got myself a keelback and find it quite interesting. i dont see much of it thou as its only a hachie atm but cant wait for it to get big. they are alot faster so you have to always concentrate on them while handling. i cant wait to get some more

Actually there is only
6...2 dendrelaphis 2 stegonotus, 1 boiga, 1 tropidonophis

The remaining 5 are homalopsids

Cheers
scott

I believe you, but teach me some learnin' here :p

With the homalopsids being a subfamily (Homalopsinae) within the family Colubridae, why are they not still classed as Colubrids? Or they not classed as 'true' colubrids like the subfamily Colubrinae? Or has this changed totally and are the homalopsids now classed as their own family?

Cheers.

Hi rednut

Homalopsids were elevated about 2 years back to family status

There was a split of Myron into 2 species late last year. There was also a paper moving enhydris polylepis into a " new" genus pseudoferania .

From what I hear there is more Aust colubrid taxon work underway

Cheers
scott

Oh god more splitting!

Any chance of getting that paper off you Scott?

Hi rednut

Homalopsids were elevated about 2 years back to family status

There was a split of Myron into 2 species late last year. There was also a paper moving enhydris polylepis into a " new" genus pseudoferania .

From what I hear there is more Aust colubrid taxon work underway

Cheers
scott

Or papers i should say?

Thanks for the reply - The faster I get on top of this stuff the faster they change it... I'll email you for those papers tommorow as well.
Cheers.

never new the amount of colours the tree snakes came in can anyone tell me what cluch sizes are like?

I have had a clutch of 8 cts (green tree snakes) hatch last week, can be more as they get older but the female was only 2.5 year old, and proberly shouldnt have breed just yet, but 100% hatch rate, so must have done something right.

Attachments

• brown tree snake.jpg
    brown tree snake.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 7-2-2012 (2).jpg
    7-2-2012 (2).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 72
  • greentree4.jpg
    greentree4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 79
  • greentree5.jpg
    greentree5.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 79
Thanks mate I love them they are such a nice snake to keep.

here's one of my brown trees
DSCF2138.jpg

Last edited:
Nice little snakes mate, i'd like to get some more got to build more cages, I love the night tigers.

DSCF2260.jpg

Another baby green tree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back