Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gidday everyone, my male Bredli just shed and looks awesome, he has coloured up so nicely over the past few months, only his 2nd shed since I have had him and he has changed a ton, turning a nice orange indeed.

Anyone with Bredli chuck some pics up, i just love em!

bredli5.jpg

bredli2.jpg

bredli6.jpg

Happy Herping!

lol, no worries mate, ill bring him along for ya.

great looking bredli there pug, how old and large is he?

Il put pics of my little guy up soon

Thanks mate, he is about 9 months old now, about 3 feet long.

thats approx the same age as my little fella, mines only about 2-2'5ft but he was small for his age when i got him.

il have to post pics of him to compare the color differences (my guy was nice and bright after his shed but then darkened up a little a few weeks after it).

Thanks again, I think there excellent snakes, fericious eaters, very placid, never even struck once at me other than when bigguy showed me them! Thats why i picked the female, but she aint so feisty anymore..

Couple more pics

bredli1.jpg

bredli4.jpg

who did you score her from?
She is beautiful...
I now have one of my own (finally) but he is shedding at the moment so I will send a pic in soon :)

Here is my girl...I just got a new boy but he is shedding so isnt looking to good.

P1010264.sized.jpg

Cheers Alex

Nice one mate, she is from Bigguy too isnt she?

Pagona Lady, Bob Whitey produced my pair, picked em out myself (out of about 45 left!)

Couldn't be happier with them, with be getting a pair of blondes off him soon too.

Yep she is from bigguy, how could you tell?

Cheers Alex

Couldnt tell, just remember ya saying it befoer in a post, well i though ti remembered ya sayin it, and i was right too!

Hows her temperament, and how often you feed her, and how big is she now? she is a year old right>?

(Sorry about all the questions.. lol)

nah no worries lol.

Her temprement is good, sometimes a bit flightly in the cage so i use a hook to get her out sometimes. I feed her every 7 days or so and she is gettin on to 2 years old and i she is a bit under 6ft. I will hopefully be breeding her next season.

Cheers Alex

Good stuff, good luck with the breeding, they grow quick dont they, not as quick as waters do apparently Sadij has his waters up over 5 feet in a year! Thats fast growin!

Anyways, do you have a pair or organising a breeding loan?

Good stuff, good luck with the breeding, they grow quick dont they, not as quick as waters do apparently Sadij has his waters up over 5 feet in a year! Thats fast growin!

Waters to over 6' in a year, I've done bredli to over 5' in one year. This year I had a water python to 5' by about 7 months of age... she decided to stop eating for a while, after I went too far :) She has recently started again and should comfortably get to over 6' by her first birthday (hatchday?), 1-1-06. I plan to grow up two or three hatchlings from this season's babies, although I'm not sure if I'll feed them all that much this time around. I think I could get one to 7' by 12 months of age if things went perfectly. It's nothing too special though, others can get to 6' in twelve months (Simon Fearn took detailed records of a Brisbane carpet which did so and published them in Monitor a few years ago, if you're interested you can look it up).

I think the fastest growing Australian snake is the scrub python, which can consistently grow 5cm or more per week while young. Black Headed Pythons also grow very quickly, possibly quicker than waters.

here is my girl she is going on three years hopefully breed her next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back