Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a real shame PilbraPythons...
Collecting from the road would be very sustainable long term.
Lots of crow tucka around.

NCHERPS
It is exciting for the exact reason you stated. In fact three nights ago I just saw the most amazing western brown snake I have ever laid eyes upon and this includes any pic in any book I have ever seen.
Besides having the opportunity to collect specimens when required, I just enjoy visiting the Pilbara habitat, very addictive.
As far as white scalation being burns, they don’t appear damaged at all.
I actually have a woma that shows similar strange pigmentation including white scales but in the head region only. I originally suspected it was caused by burns but I am
now not so convinced.

I am envious, as I am sure many are. Any pic's of the western brown??

It would be interesting to see in the future if any of the same type of patches occur in captive bred offspring.

Cheers Neil

Love the adders.

Never seen any with that colouration. What I would love to see an adder in the wild.

Dave, how do you find them and this is a general interest thing, are usually found on the move or while concealed.

I reckon he looks part pygmy. I'm basing it on the few pictures that I have seen of pygmies that don't look like childrens or spotteds.

Thats a real shame PilbraPythons...
Collecting from the road would be very sustainable long term.
Lots of crow tucka around.

My herping trip on the roads two nights ago produced 4 dead snakes, one green tree snake, one rough scaled snake, one red belly black snake and one taipan (which i think had been cleaned up that afternoon). The following morning, one dead carpet python on the same road.

But god forbid i make any comments about collecting from roads otherwise i may upset people ;)

For such an "ugly" snake there seem to be alot of people offering to give it a home ;)

I was thinking the same thing...instead of allowing a big company to profit....

Maybe so. But if you feel so strongly about the matter you should really sell all your animals to demonstrate your disgust. They were all wild once, without wild collection you wouldnt have your 'pets'. Its easy for you lot with captive bred animals available to you to take the moral high ground. Your 'big company' comment alone shows your ignorance......grow up, or if thats not possle atleast do some research before opening your mouth.

Jordan

Unique

I think it has potential if bred with the snake (true blue)? has.The offspring would be very interesting to see.Marble? maybe but definately unique! Always good to see something different.
If you breed them,post pictures please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back