Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, once I got over the fact that this isn't the only snake with a great personality and that there are plenty of fish in the sea I felt much better about the decision. Cheers Bradotti, attitude is what I am after ;) I have already contacted a BHP breeder who might have some that would suit a first timer, so fingers crossed!

Yes I've seen that one for $2000!!! it's the petshop next to Queen Vic markets. RIDICULOUS!!!!

My lovely natured docile diamond just bit me again and spilt my blood!!!

I went in there today and they knocked the adult down to $1200 haha. Still there though!

Good choice on the diamonds they are a great snake. I recently bought a pair ($800 for the two of them... goes to show how much pet shops hike up their prices).

You don't need to buy treated wood from anywhere, just go for a walk and pick up some boughs or ask tree loppers in your area - don't collect from national parks etc. Don't need UV. Keep them cooler than most other snakes (I'm in Brisbane and they only get heat from a tiny bulb for a few hours a day, and only because they fed recently. Will be turning i off for good soon) and don't feed as much as other snakes - feed mine once every 3 weeks..

EDIT: sorry didn't notice you'd changed your mind to BHP! Good choice they are lovely snakes but very different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back