Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to be joking eh? Just as well you're not sure... Bears no resemblance to either of those in any way - is clearly and absolutely a Coastal Carpet from the east coast, could be anywhere from Coffs north...

Jamie

I am not sure, as I said...I have seen pictures of Murray's and Gammons and they look similar to me...Maybe I am not that good at working out the species of things :lol:

There should be a rule... don't take wild guesses if you're unsure ;) Just makes you look a little silly on a ID this python thread, but is potentially very dangerous on threads relating to any kind of venomous snake.

I am not sure, as I said...I have seen pictures of Murray's and Gammons and they look similar to me...Maybe I am not that good at working out the species of things :lol:
A tip for APS don't make a mistake or people will be sure to tell you. This is the way a lot of members leave as they said something and everyone turned on them

Last edited:
A tip for APS don't make a mistake or people will be sure to tell you. This is the way a lot of members leave as they said something and everyone turned on me.
Someone telling you that you're wrong isn't an insult. If people leave the site because they are called out for saying something incorrect, I think they need to consider why they are letting someone on the internet get to them so strongly. Like Notech said, it's much more preferable (especially in ID threads) for people who don't really know not to "guess". In this thread it's not a bug issue but there have been plenty of threads on here where people misidentified a venomous snake as a non-venomous one. This can have very bad consequences.

Someone telling you that you're wrong isn't an insult. If people leave the site because they are called out for saying something incorrect, I think they need to consider why they are letting someone on the internet get to them so strongly. Like Notech said, it's much more preferable (especially in ID threads) for people who don't really know not to "guess". In this thread it's not a bug issue but there have been plenty of threads on here where people misidentified a venomous snake as a non-venomous one. This can have very bad consequences.
Actually there is a thread about some of the more "veteran" members of APS who actually have left because of a thread that turned ugly on em. And my stupid iPod turned the end word "them" into "me" I only noticed that then. But I do see the point that people can give terrible advise that cold he harmful, but in this thread and this case the advise was just wrong and not harmful.

If posters aren't told how dangerous their guesses can be, how do they know not to do it?

If posters aren't told how dangerous their guesses can be, how do they know not to do it?
All I'm doing is sticking up for Sabohan and just telling people not to get to fussed it was a harmless mistake. If he had said that a tiger snake was a bredli and not to worry if it trying to bite you, then I'm fine with all you people going and telling him off. I see your side of the argument and it is totally true, but this was harmless. I have totally taken this thread off track sorry to the OP

All I'm doing is sticking up for Sabohan and just telling people not to get to fussed it was a harmless mistake. If he had said that a tiger snake was a bredli and not to worry if it trying to bite you, then I'm fine with all you people going and telling him off. I see your side of the argument and it is totally true, but this was harmless. I have totally taken this thread off track sorry to the OP

I wouldn't have taken a guess about venomous snakes...Not that confident about the whole matter.
And thankyou Hazordous, appreciate it...
Just putting it out there, that I am not the type of person to leave the forums after a little muck up, I try and resolve the issue.

Anyway, we should really continue with the topic :lol:

Some photos i have seen of broad headed snakes, that dont have a good pic of the head have resembled diamonds. Calling something like this as a diamond could be potentially dangerous.

As with everything on the interwebs though everyone will have an opinion. Unless if im sure, i wont post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back