Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
give us a hint ...what are the main makeups of its venom ?

Yield?
is it strongly neurotoxic and coagulant ..?
or strongly haemolytic and cytotoxic?.....?

;)

Amazing how many 'herpers' can't ID common aussie elapids...

help everyone out with some full body pics and maybe a belly shot too. i know what it isn't and thats Notechis, Pseudechis, Oxyuranus and Acanthopis. I going to take a wild guess with the pics availible and say dugite or penisula brown, but maybe whip snake lesser or greater black. ok scott what is it then?:lol::lol:

I will say what it is later on....or Sturdy will.....maybe this should serve as a lesson to some people that cannot id snakes to maybe refrain from doing it in the future....after all its an easy one. As for more pics I would post them...but after the repeated theft of my images i am no longer putting them on websites

Cheers,
Scott

Wow i thought this was just a little bit of fun.... not a big lecture. As I dont profess to know anything and was just having a bit of a guess I'm going to just wait for the answer.

I will say what it is later on....or Sturdy will.....maybe this should serve as a lesson to some people that cannot id snakes to maybe refrain from doing it in the future....after all its an easy one. As for more pics I would post them...but after the repeated theft of my images i am no longer putting them on websites

Cheers,
Scott
so you saying Scott ..thats its not a gtp ?

I dont mind people having a guess at ID ..its a way of learning ..if they word it as I think its a ...cant see a problem at all ...even the best can make a few mistakes in it first glance now ..
I myself will be honest it has stumped me ...but my two thoughts were either young GB whip ..or leaning towards the Pseudonaja....which one well thats the hard part :lol::lol:

yes it is not gtp...

what I am saying is that a number of people throw out id's of species without saying if they are sure or not....think about the consequences if someone had been bitten by this snake.....and the treatment was adjusted to what that species so called is.....we have number of genera let alone species that have been suggested.

By all means I am all for learning, but it should be said that you taking a guess...not trying say emphatically what it is.

Cheers,
Scott

what I am saying is that a number of people throw out id's of species without saying if they are sure or not....think about the consequences if someone had been bitten by this snake.....and the treatment was adjusted to what that species so called is.....we have number of genera let alone species that have been suggested.

By all means I am all for learning, but it should be said that you taking a guess...not trying say emphatically what it is.
If I was bitten by this snake, I wouldn't be posting an id thread on the forum, not that I don't trust you all or anything :shock:

I may not know what it is, but by taking a 'stab-in-the-dark' I have a bit of fun but when someone says what it actually is I can look at it and go, 'oh yeah, its not a taipan like I first thought because they have different coloured eyes than that (or something to that effect). Some small little detail like that, that I have overlooked can be a little learning curve for future.

yes it is not gtp...

Cheers,
Scott
I don't think anyone has made out they are 100% with any off their answers, the thread op said take a guess, so that's what I and everyone else did imo.

Thanks Gex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back