Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can u tell us now, this is like waiting to open Xmas presents, I was thinking brown snake of some sort though not sure there bodies are that dark, 2nd guess tiger.

yes it is not gtp...

what I am saying is that a number of people throw out id's of species without saying if they are sure or not....think about the consequences if someone had been bitten by this snake.....and the treatment was adjusted to what that species so called is.....we have number of genera let alone species that have been suggested.

By all means I am all for learning, but it should be said that you taking a guess...not trying say emphatically what it is.

Cheers,
Scott

Although this may have been a fun guessing game, I agree with you. I get sick of looking at an ID thread to see 20 replies of people just throwing random species around hoping to guess right. Majority of the time they're not even in the right genus and I struggle to see how they came to that conclusion, unfortunately this won't be changing any time soon these people being the majority, which sometimes pushes the more knowledgeable minority away from the forum which is what I've been seeing lately.

wow, absolutely gorgeous mate
i cant believe after all that someone finally got it haha

Only just found this.

The Last picture gave it away, when you clicked onto the picture for a closer look the picture was named "rbb" haha.
It was a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back