Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a cat and it kills things... i have only EVER seen it kill something to eat... he doesnt kill and leave (well not that i have seen "and i have seen a few killings" :mostly housemice: ) but how i see that is EXACTLY like giving a mouse to a snake... the cat just eats 10 times more than the snake

I hate cats... they disgust me..
every wandering cat thats not contained in a cattery is a feral cat that kills wildlife in my opinion... kill them all :D

it also looks like something has attacked it though... abdominal bleeding (cats mouth maybe) or being just a baby and his hands in a clentched position he could have been holding on to his mother who got hit??

that pic is rather disturbing, but it dose look like it got its head crushed, so unless teh cat was carrying a brick, driving a car or had a shovel i doupt a cat did that.

andrew

My problem with your post is that with your "Please foward this picture to any cat owners you may know." comment you seem to be tarring all cat owners with the same brush. I own a cat who NEVER goes outside partly because she has pink pigmentation and partly because of the effect she may have on local populations of native fauna.
Yes should have wrote any cat owner who doesnt keep their cat/s locked up at all times :oops: I think most ppl would have worked out thats what i meant.

It was almost definately a cat,
- where it was found would be difficult for a dog to get to and a dog would most likely have eaten it or atleast carried it away.
- I saw a cat nearby
- when i found it it was freshly killed no ppl where around and it would be unlikely a person would chew its face off.
- it wasnt crushed in anyway, apart from being chewed.
- i say again it was smaller than a full grown rat, a brick would have completely flattened it.
- cats do this sort of thing for dare i say it fun and thats why its wasnt eaten.
- if it was hit by a car there would have been alot of glass and metal from where the car landed, it was nowhere near a road.
- when i looked closely at it it appeared to have bite marks of a size that would indicate a large cat(about the same size that i saw nearby).

I saw a cat nearby

Lmao well that's proof than :lol: :lol: :lol:

i say again it was smaller than a full grown rat, a brick would have completely flattened it.

Perhaps the cat threw a brick but he was kind enough to make sure he hit it in the head so it died instantly?

cats do this sort of thing for dare i say it fun and thats why its wasnt eaten.

I'm actually starting to find it hilarious how people think that cats actually sit around devising evil plans about which animal they should kill next (native wildlife only - don't want that feral scum) and how best to torture it before it dies :lol: :lol:. I'm not denying that cats kill wildlife, but the fact is.....it's an instinct. That would be it my friends.

Cats are well known for cruelly tormenting prey before killing it, perhaps they are just honing their skills, or perhaps they are simply enjoying themselves, who knows. I have seen cats bring back small animals to their owners homes and dump them without eating them many times. It is simply not true that cats only kill to eat like most predators, some animals are cruel it's just a fact of nature, ever seen footage of killer whales tossing seals up in the air like a game of volley ball? They could kill the seal easilly yet they sometimes dont, they play with it in their cruel game. Some animals are cruel by nature, they may have reason to be cruel but they still are simply put ''cruel''. Not as cruel as people with their pot plants though.

I'm not denying that cats kill wildlife, but the fact is.....it's an instinct.

:roll: thats my defence to all the "cat lovers" when I've had chance meetings with feral cats in a dark alley with a lump of 4 x 2 in my hand... It was just instinct I tell you :lol:

I have seen cats bring back small animals to their owners homes and dump them without eating them many times.

That's because theyre bringing it back to their owner as a trophy...kinda like when your child does a nice drawing and brings it back to show you cos they're proud of it.

I'm still laughing though Parks lol. Hard :lol: ;)

LET'S ALL KILL THE WHALES!!! THE WHALES ARE EVIL!!! :lol:

thats my defence to all the "cat lovers" when I've had chance meetings with feral cats in a dark alley with a lump of 4 x 2 in my hand... It was just instinct I tell you

Wow what a turn on..you're the ultimate man. Tough and brave (to take on an animal 1/10 the size of you) and with a lump of 4x2 OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH :lol: :lol:

Wow what a turn on..you're the ultimate man. Tough and brave (to take on an animal 1/10 the size of you) and with a lump of 4x2 OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

thanks :lol: the way I see it Im saving the lives of small native animals by ridding the bush of disgusting feral vernin...

there was a guy Harry Butler who was at one time the patron of the Australian Herp Society and a renowned naturalist... Harry used to dispose of every feral cat he could find for similar reasons... feral cats are as bad maybe worse than cane toads on our wildlife... anyone thats rids the country of this filth should get a medal in my opinion... :D

No nibbles??? damn it!
you need to hide the hook, i think anyone could see that one a mile away.
maybe say something like "its perfectly natural for my cat to kill native animals, i think its good for them to get out and have exercise, its not like one cat is going to do anything". Because some ppl are actually stupid enough to think like that.

Im quite sure many of u would still say it wasnt a cat if i had video footage of the cat doing it :roll: grow up kids.

Im quite sure many of u would still say it wasnt a cat if i had video footage of the cat doing it

No because that would be stupid.

I find this thread rather hilarious yet disturbing at the same time. It's so easy to point the finger at something so insignificant such as cats when we, as humans, have been the worst offenders when it comes to killing native wildlife for many many years. Sounds ironic. Maybe we should start culling humans too? :D

Yesterday the council came and collected one moggy we trapped in our yard. Alas it is just one down which leaves about 10 problem felines to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back