Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sengir

Reaction score
Hello. This thread is from myself, ScottBec and Hawke, as are trying to organise a meeting hopefully one day a club/society of reptile enthusiasts. We are looking to meet on the last Sunday of every month. This month being the 25/03/2007. We will be meeting at the Kiosk at the Rockhampton Botanical Gardens, at 1PM. This will be our first official meeting and we are just looking to meet and greet fellow herpers and look for anyones ideas on making this meeting/organisation/club/group (whichever you choose to call it or it ends up) the best it can be. If you need to contact anyone for more information please PM either, ScottBec, Hawke or myself (sengir). We will be glad to answer any questions.
We hope to see as many people as possible attend and help with ideas to make this the best it can be.
At 3pm there is also a snake demonstration at the zoo.

It would be great to see people there.

Regards
Sengir

P.S If you are seriously interested in attending. It would be appreciated if you could let either of the people listed above know that you will be attending. Thank You

Sorry I spelt Queensland wrong.

Sorry

Hey well to everyone who reads this thread, I would like your ideas on how to organise, run, and operate this club. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are 3 first ime "organisers" for a herp meeting and any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Either pm on of us or just post in reply.

Regards
Sengir

I am a first time club organiser, but I am also a multi-tasking woman....

Yes guys, we would really aprieciate any help, ideas, comments and suggestions you have....

Even, I guess if you're telling us to give up because it'll never work.... We're all looking forward to the meeting, and even if it's only us 3 there....

Should I mention that after the demo at the Zoo, we were looking at heading to a pub for some beverages???? Does that whet your interest....??

Hi everyone, I am also a first time club organiser. I am really looking forward to the meeting also. So if you are in the Rockhampton area and have an interest in reptiles of any kind why not drop by and say hello.

Young ,old,beginner,advanced and families - "everyone is welcome". Please feel free to pm or phone me, ScottBec or sengir with any questions you may have.

Regards Hawk.

Best wishes for the successful starting up and running another herp.society
Never ever give up...only then will it be successful
North Qld.Herp.Society was just a dream that turned into the great club it is today
Trish Prendergast (Snakenurse) and Michelle Hasted approached
us (HSQ) and asked our thoughts
"Go for it and we will help anyway we can" that was our reply which also applies to you guys
on behalf of the committee The Herpetological Society of Queensland Inc. (est.1994)
Keep on Herpin'
Sandee :)

Thanks Bredlislave, I am really looking forward to getting it off the ground. I will hopefully be down that way for one of your meets soon.... You know, have a look and meet all the herping folks down there!!

Thanks again....

Lol, not a lot of response aye?

I am not able to make the 25th cause I have a 3day fishing charter out of 1770. Hopefully I will have some monster fish to photograph :).

This sort of thing will require persistance till people start hearing about it. Keep it up and it will bear fruit in the long run.

Promise I come to the first one I can make it too.

hey guys.. i am interesting in attending but cant be at ur first get together cos i will be townsville taking a cruise.. but i wood love to come to next months meeting even tho it wood be a 3 hr drive for me..
Cheers
Hoppa

Would be great to see both of you there when you can make it.
Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

Did anyone from Central Queensland (Rockhampton) happen to see the live turtle show at Rockhampton Zoo last Saturday?

Expansa1

Nobut someone I work with did. I would love to have gone but I had to cover for them. So oh well, he said it was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back