Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont dis like it, it could well turn out hot, some do some dont, as tim has said they all go thru a fugly stage when they change and after a few sheds will look like a completely different animal.

Yes both those animals are from your line tim. :wink:

Damn! Does that mean Aurora is going to be a toothpaste girl?

Sadly GreenWillow, it could mean just that I guess, she too may end up common GTP. *sigh*

Hey Wrasse, if I stop feeding Green Lotus do you think she'll remain as she is now?

If Aurora goes "colgatey" I would be willing to negotiate a swap for a shingleback, if The Dad will let me!

GreenWillow said:
Hey Wrasse, if I stop feeding Green Lotus do you think she'll remain as she is now?

You might need a little formalin and varnish to pull that off indefinately. ;)

Stunning Rob, gorgeous animals. AS USUAL of course!

There are a lot of different variations of the Greens out there already, have seen a few similar to Lily's now, each to there own, I definately prefer solid green though like GM, but still its GTP and we all want one!

Sorry. Sorry sorry sorry... she is! Very much so! But, dude... a shingleback!

By the way, she shed a week ago and it made a HUGE difference to the amount of green on her. You wouldn't recognise her now!

Re: RE: Changing GTP

CodeRed said:
Good to see that the some of the American GTP morphs in Oz. The smugglers must be working overtime :)

Oi Boa... did you see this??? I've got an exotic... a Yankee GTP!!!

RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

Yes I'm not quite sure how a common colour change has become an American morph :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

boa said:
Yes I'm not quite sure how a common colour change has become an American morph :lol:

Its my understanding that the Aussie ones dont go through the "mite" phase. They simply loose yellow and replace it with green. I'll happily be corrected on this point, but Id prefer to know that some GTP morphs are around.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

You are correct Codered from my understanding too, but there are different locales in Australia, there is the Australian Form (of which there are buggerall left in captivity) Tim having 1 of those, Aru, Merauke, and Biak all southern types. Which have different colours and end results, not sure how many of those types are here but at least a couple.

My point is that they aren't an American morph, it is just a normal colour change.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

boa said:
My point is that they aren't an American morph, it is just a normal colour change.

So from what you have seen or heard, do aussie GTPs go through this mite phase then?

I didn't think Aussies did mite phase either but I long ago drew the conclusion that what chondros there were in Australia were such a blend of the various types that anything could happen during/after a change. Plus, did anyone say "red baby"?

Like you, CodeRed, my interest is with the morphs. :D (But not those yukky mustard ones!)

CodeRed, I have no idea if Australian GTP's go through that stage, apparently not by the sounds of it.
I'm just not sure why it became an issue of Australian GTP's as opposed to any other ?

Well I am glad that there are some colour varieties around. Not everyone likes the morphs, but I think they look great, much nicer than the common greens.

boa said:
CodeRed, I have no idea if Australian GTP's go through that stage, apparently not by the sounds of it.
I'm just not sure why it became an issue of Australian GTP's as opposed to any other ?

Boa, its not an issue for me. In fact I was hoping to find some of these varieties :) My initial statement was supposed to be funny .. you know smugglers getting overtime and all. Next time I'll use lot and lots of smiles :)

GreenWillow said:
I didn't think Aussies did mite phase either but I long ago drew the conclusion that what chondros there were in Australia were such a blend of the various types that anything could happen during/after a change. Plus, did anyone say "red baby"?

Like you, CodeRed, my interest is with the morphs. :D (But not those yukky mustard ones!)

Personally Lilly, if it turns out kind of calico, I think you scored! There's not many of them in Australia, they are the ones that held their price overseas too.

Please keep posting up pics of the colour change, will be very interested to see how it turns out. Wonder if those scales will remain dark green over a lighter green?

And you're right, there's so much of blend in greens in Australia, some claim to have the real pure thing, but the water's have definately been muddied with most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back