Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Changing

How many breeders get on aussie pythons giving out imfo like True blue,the majority stay away from the forums because they think thheir poo dont stink,True blues poo stinks :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

Nagraj said:
SNKMST said:
... I have eggs on the way which is a sure sign of them being healthy and happy.

Reproduction is a fundamental imperative which can occur even during advanced ill health.

I am not in any way suggesting your animals are not well kept.
Codswollup,if they are in health they nearly always dont breed in my experience :)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

Nagraj: "Reproduction is a fundamental imperative which can occur even during advanced ill health."

You are 100% correct with regards to non captive animals. In captivity if an animal is not happy or healthy within its surroundings they will almost always fail to reproduce.

Top animal Lily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see more pics down the track,

Simone.

Pythoninfinite said:
I think you do have followers tho, even if you haven't noticed them yourself... or maybe they're just hangers on???

J.

Like little dags on a sheeps bum ?

;)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

SNKMST said:
Nagraj: "Reproduction is a fundamental imperative which can occur even during advanced ill health."

You are 100% correct with regards to non captive animals. In captivity if an animal is not happy or healthy within its surroundings they will almost always fail to reproduce.
Ide say its the same in the wild from what ive seen SNKMST,mostly wild snakes and lizards that are sickly are underweight it prevents the succsesful production of live young or eggs.Ive found female diamonds that are underweight with slugs,although they are mated and there was a male following they havent got health and condition to produce enough yolk from reserves of fat. :)

Wrasse said:
Pythoninfinite said:
I think you do have followers tho, even if you haven't noticed them yourself... or maybe they're just hangers on???

J.

Like little dags on a sheeps bum ?

;)

It is more being open to different methods of keeping and trying these different methods, which I have. I have found that not only do Robs methods work very well but they save on power and setup costs when it comes to the expensive things like thermostats.

i liked your little gtp as soon as i saw it and i reckon it would look excellent if it grew to maturity looking just like that fruit tingle pattern.
that gtp will probably turn green all over

TrueBlue said:
any way i dont have any followers.??? thats an insult to them, they just appreciate healthy happy snakes that hate thermostats.

healthy happy hate thermostats...the snakes i got from you are healthy.
one out of three

i think it will turn in to a beautiful green colgatey color and i will be wait there when this happens with a shingleback :D :lol:

And that's the shame of it, Junglemad. I adore her little violet patches!

She's a bit too big to do it now, but when she was a tad smaller she used to climb up onto my glasses while I watched tv or read a book and fall asleep there, drapped over the lens and arm like a divine weed!

zulu said:
Ide say its the same in the wild from what ive seen SNKMST,mostly wild snakes and lizards that are sickly are underweight it prevents the succsesful production of live young or eggs.Ive found female diamonds that are underweight with slugs,although they are mated and there was a male following they havent got health and condition to produce enough yolk from reserves of fat. :)

zulu: You are correct in saying that most will not breed in the wild also if ill or underweight as PilbaraPythons knows to well, as he seen last season with very little young being produced in the wild due to a bad season weather wise hence to food around for the snakes.

My comment was directed at "Reproduction is a fundamental imperative" with breeding being imperative for the continued life of the species. Most often in the wild the ill/severely underweight won't survive also due to them being easy targets for predators.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

GreenWillow: I think you should be hoping for more black, personally I dont mind her at all more black would mean more demand.

GreenWillow said:
And that's the shame of it, Junglemad. I adore her little violet patches!

She's a bit too big to do it now, but when she was a tad smaller she used to climb up onto my glasses while I watched tv or read a book and fall asleep there, drapped over the lens and arm like a divine weed!

Really? That's crazy! If I had any GTPs I wouldn't touch them. I thought it can cause health problems if they are handled as young? Obviously didn't hurt yours though.
A $7000 snake is worth a scary amount of money to me to risk it lol

Brett is that really you? Your not that intelligent in person.. lol, kidding mate.

I have heard the same though, that the morph GTP's will be worth more in the future, time will tell I guess.

I am in a gardening mood. I think I shall plant poppy's. Big tall ones that GTP's can play in amongst. Wouldn't that look pretty. :)

I hope no-one has a scythe!! :(

if i had a GTP then i would most definatly handel it i don't see the difrence (just more expensive)

Brett, I do not see her in terms of dollars. She is worth as much to me as my diamonds, my Children's, my womas... etc. If she had one eye missing, half her tail gone and a big ugly scar on her body as well as the gravel rash and the mullet features, I would love and appreciate her just as much as I do now. Her value to me is not a commercial value. She enriches my life in a much more fundamental and important way, as do all my pythons.

It has surprised and disappointed me to witness just how much people have felt the need to tell me how unattractive my snake is and how much they hate her. Would they have made similar comments to someone showing a pic of their darling Stimson, or their favourite coastal carpet? Would they have made similar comments if she did not have the market value which she has?

Naomi, your's is the reaction most people have when they find out that I handle my GTPs, and I completely understand your alarm as it is true that they ARE fragile as younguns. But it's not like I swing them around my head by their tails, or drag them off their perches in order to hold them. I have the encouragement and endorsement of such respected herp world notaries as Gavin Bedford and Dr Mark Simpson, who have both been witness to the health and happiness of my gtps.

Well said Lily. You are one of the lucky ones to be in the position to make that decision. As you say

it is true that they ARE fragile as younguns. But it's not like I swing them around my head by their tails, or drag them off their perches in order to hold them.

Any more pics of the others by the way? Love to see em :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back