Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

is that youre fav word ?

[quotes="dynea"]WOW...that look great.[/quote]

RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

I remember a thread about a reptile dealer being locked over various accusations that were being made , it was unfair because the shop employee's/owner wasnt here to defend themselves....perhaps the same level of respect should be made for private individuals !

Re: RE: Re: re Changing

TrueBlue said:
moreliaman, but they look much better when im in my bikini. :wink:
mmmm have to send you a pic of my gorilla in her G string TB,your sik enough to appreciate her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: re Changing

I SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, LOVELY LITTLE SNAKE YOU HAVE LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST THOUGHT I'D REMIND EVERYONE THAT THIS THREAD STARTED FOR PEOPLE TO ADMIRE A GTP, IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW IT LOOKS THEN WHY CAN'T PEOPLE KEEP QUIET..... THERE ARE PLENTY OF ANIMALS THAT HAVE BEEN SHOWN THAT I HAVENT FOUND APPEALING BUT I CERTAINLY HAVEN'T GOTTEN ON THEIR AND BAGGED THE CHRIST OUT OF IT. OBVIOUSLY LILY LOVES HER LITTLE SNAKE AND SO LILY, CONGRATS BUDDY.

It just really narks me having people bagging out other people's animals.

Simone.

Lilly in case you misunderstood, I never was implying you did the wrong thing by handling your hatchling- I was surprised as I had never heard of it before, and was under the impression it can encourage prolapse. As I said, it obviously didn't hurt yours. And I don't own a GTP, I was only commenting on what I have read, obviously you know more than I do about them.

The more expensive and sought after the animal, the easier they become to bag out, same thing happens with the albinos.

I think Lilly you'll find that many herpers wish to get to the 'holy grail' gtp, and most of us will never be able to due to their price, so I think some negativity you might encounter is to do with that, and in the relatively short time you've been in the hobby you've managed to reach that goal. Alot of people that do own them as well have made it there eventually after years of keeping and breeding, and here you are now, your first ones and you've got something really unusual and something that will be sort after, and something very different to what most of them have. So I reckon a few are turning green :wink: I'm not commenting on anyone in particular as 10 pages is too much to read and I'm not sure who does and doens't like it.

Like I said before, I reckon you scored! :)

Lilly in case you misunderstood, I never was implying you did the wrong thing by handling your hatchling- I was surprised as I had never heard of it before, and was under the impression it can encourage prolapse. As I said, it obviously didn't hurt yours. And I don't own a GTP, I was only commenting on what I have read, obviously you know more than I do about them.

What you said was perfectly reasonable and understandable, and also perfectly normal. :D It's what most people say! And thankyou also for your kind words. There seems to be such a dichotomy among herpers. Most of you are generous, friendly and kind!

GTPs ARE fragile when young and they DO have to be handled carefully. However they can indeed be handled if you are gentle and realise that they are not like a robust little olive hatchling or similar. I let it be known that I handle mine to try to break down the misconception that they can't be touched.

Initially I rest my hand beside them on their perch. Then when they are used to me I move my hand right up beside them and let it touch them. They soon become accustomed to this, and will eventually climb onto my hand when I put it into their tub. This is the only way I handled them until they were a bit bigger.

My perches are able to be lifted out of the individual tubs or enclosures. These days I simply lift the perch out and sit it with me. The snake again climbs off it's perch and onto me when it is ready (then onto my glasses or around my neck for a nap. The lazy things will sleep anywhere!)

here you go lily, tracked a pic down of one of mine in its fugly stage, it looks way uglier than yours but still turned out ok. :wink:

omg how cute is that!!!

TrueBlue, you may have some lovely snakes, but you are a cruel and heartless man to say such things! :( Even as is, I think that snake is beautiful! Look at that sweet little head, and those lovely golden eyes!

i wouldn't assume that because someone joined this site last week they are a newbie to keeping snakes. she keeps gtp's for goodness sake!
you can go on posting pics of ordinary snakes on here and i won't comment on how ordinary they are or if a jungle looks like a coastal or a diamond cross.
there is no way that gtp of Willow's is ugly or ordinary and if she wants to play with her snake and love it instead of treating it as an untouchable investment then that is her perogative

Time to consolidate all the characters under one name. Business card says Green Willow Pythons, email addy is greenwillow, farm is called "Greenlees" (and features several very lovely willow trees along the creek. We should have a herping trip up there in summer. Lots of water dragons!), my middle name is Willow. "Reptililian" was the odd one out!

Looks like it might take a while to shake off the Lilly tag hey.
Careful with the business name thing - might be a bit too business like in the eyes of the ever hungry little Johnny and his ATO thugs. Would suck to have to pay him one eleventh of everything when those green beauties start procreating.

The "Lily" tag is ok, as my first name is ... Lily!

I put a thread up in chit chat to let people know about my name change... Sorry to those who didn't realise who GreenWillow is. Soulweaver will change my star status to mod soon, then there'll be no confusion.

The business card is just because I can't go anywhere without people finding out I breed pythons and asking for my number. This just makes it easier than finding pen/paper all the time!

Junglemad, didn't you recognise the syntax???

i was au fait with the semantic and grapho-phonic cues but failed to pick up on the syntactic

I have been considering a sig featuring one of my favourite poets, W.H Auden, but people might wonder exactly what/who is underneath the abject Willow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back