Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheyenneBRO

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm Cheyenne :D I'm getting my FIRST SNAKE, yay!! So I'm new and I'm wondering which snake is better. I was thinking about a Children's python but it loses its pattern as it gets older. I'd love to chat and hear everyones different opinions :) So, Which do you think is the best and why ? (And how long does it grow/Is it calm etc.) Thanks.

Personally I think they're all great. There's some beautiful examples of all three species kicking around at the moment.

That doesn't help much, does it?

Get a snake that you like the look of, all three species are relatively the same in husbandry. Its your snake, you have to care for it not people on the internet so just make sure its something that you like. ;):)

Get all three (well thats what i did)

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 83
  • male stimmy.jpg
    male stimmy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 89
Hey I'm Cheyenne :D I'm getting my FIRST SNAKE, yay!! So I'm new and I'm wondering which snake is better. I was thinking about a Children's python but it loses its pattern as it gets older. I'd love to chat and hear everyones different opinions :) So, Which do you think is the best and why ? (And how long does it grow/Is it calm etc.) Thanks.
hi Cheyenne. welcome to aps. have a talk with slacker from this site about 1 of his childreni hatchies. he has some very nice snakes and hes a honest guy that will give you any support that you may need. just hope that he isnt to far away from you

Oh so they are all quite the same ? I was just wondering which one was the most ermm.. friendly and stuff :D

Individuals vary. I've got a mac and stimson who are both brilliant. I've heard that stimsons are regarded as most placid. Ours barely bites her mice.

hi Cheyenne. welcome to aps. have a talk with slacker from this site about 1 of his childreni hatchies. he has some very nice snakes and hes a honest guy that will give you any support that you may need. just hope that he isnt to far away from you

lol. Thanks fc. People are going to start thinking I'm paying you soon.

Oh so they are all quite the same ? I was just wondering which one was the most ermm.. friendly and stuff :D

Really depends on who you ask, as everyone seems to have varying experiences. Personally, if you want a "friendly" one, I'd advise you to get one that's friendly now. Many hatchlings are very nervous creatures that bite (and pee) first and ask questions later. Most of them will calm down as they get some size on them, some of them will not though. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you can and do get ones that are "friendly" straight out of the egg.

Oh okay thanks. I love this site. Everyone's really friendly. I was so confused before lol i didn't know where to start.

you are paying me slacker. ill collect soon. all jokes aside, you do have some nice snakes and have allways been helpfull when asked.
Cheyenne i keep both childreni and spotted mac's. i find the mac's to be more nervous and the childreni are as placid as, tho they were alittle snappy for about the first 3 months of their lifes. but you can find good and bad in all snakes. if you like a snake and it meets your wants, buy it. its you that has to be happy with your purchase

my spotted is a legend, totally chilled, never bitten once, ever, and loves hanging out with me on the couch :)

Oh yeh and i've heard you can only hold your snake for 10 mins a time. Is this true, because that is sad I want to be able to chill with my snake and stuff ? And what is a mac ? Is it a nickname for one of the snakes.

out of all of mine (3 childrens 3 spotteds) I have 4 superb handlers, i flighty childrens & i bite happy spotted-who is calming down with handling.

Saying that only one of mine will bite (spotted)
My yearling & male childrens are \really 'freindly'

if your near Taree i recommend ANTARESIA1 i got my spotty of him nicest guy you'll ever meet he also sells stimsons and i think childrens?

ok now for the confusion.
childrens pythons are snake from the antaresia family. theres 4 species in this family.
antaresia childreni = childrens python.
antaresia maculosa = spotted python (mac). also comes in a light form called a blonde spotted python.
antaresia perthensis = pygmy python. this is the smalles of the childrens and also rare to find.
antaresia stimsoni = stimson python.
snakes can be handled. time of handling vairies on the snake and temperatures.

i find the mac's to be more nervous and the childreni are as placid as,

i have to agree there my childrens are great snakes as is my spotted but he does bite sometimes.

i have had all 3 over a period in time and i think the childrens are the best followed by the stimsons but in looks the stimsons are the best.

Childrens are the best :) Then stimmies then pygmys but not maccies.

Heres two of my fave childrens.
tn_Waters056.jpg

tn_Waters073.jpg

Yeh, I'm thinking I'm going to get a Stimsons now. I was going to get a carpet but i like patterns on snakes. I think the Stimsons sounds like the best one overall. Does the pattern on the Children's fade away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back