Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've only got a very small number of mice to cull I'll break necks by using "the pen method" but I generally don't like messing about with rodents and only cullwhen theres sufficent need for the gas chamber, in which case I generally allways gas, gas is much easier as I can have a tub of rodents in the gas chamber and continue on with what I was doing in the rodent shed.

I can see this may get a little argumentitive, but heres my opinion.....

I think you should try to kill them humanely, I mean, they are living, breathing creatures, shouldn't they be able to die quickly and painlessly? I would prefer to break the law and do something illegal if it meant the creature died as painlessly as possible.

Sorry, the only methods I've really heard of is gassing them, but yeah, another method I did hear of from a woman who bred her own food was she put them in water, then put the water in the freezer, she said it made them unconsciouss, then they just died in their sleep. then she would put them into bags and leave them sitting on the counter to defrost, then she would put them back into a bag and shove it into the freezer. Just what I heard though.

Cheers,
Jordo.

another method I did hear of from a woman who bred her own food was she put them in water, then put the water in the freezer, she said it made them unconsciouss, then they just died in their sleep. then she would put them into bags and leave them sitting on the counter to defrost, then she would put them back into a bag and shove it into the freezer. Just what I heard though.

:shock::shock: That does NOT work on warm blooded creatures. I have heard its a good way for fish but im not even sure on that, ive never researched it.

Do that to rats and mice, and they will be swimming around for HOURS trying to escape, then will be too exhausted to keep their heads above water and will drown. They will not just fall unconcious, thats a terribly cruel thing to do.

Just feed live...let the snake to the job for you

<Puts Flame Suit on>

Hahaha, I dont really feed live I buy frozen and defrost in water. :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back