Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I got the new ones yesterday, they are happy and the female has already eaten and has a fat belly (which is why I couldnt get great pics) but here they are, as yet unnamed. They are both 100% hets, about 2yrs old and already quite large and heavy. Really really happy with them :) The first two pics are the female and the rest are of the male who seemed quite happy to sit the and let me take photos. The colours and patterns havent shown up that well and Ill try again tomorrow when the lights are on but my camera isnt great. Anyway...

Female1.jpgFemale2.jpgMale1.jpgMale2.jpgMale3.jpgMale4.jpgMale5.jpgMale6.jpg

Very pretty! I can't wait for mine to grow up :) They still have baby colours lol.
A bit off topic but what size enclosure is that and where did you get the baboo?
Glad to hear they are settling in well :)
ps i have had mine for 2 weeks on friday and they are still nameless :( so you shouldn't feel too bad.

They shed around a week ago and are both quite big, over a meter and Im guessing close to a kg each. Its a twin 6ft enclosure but Im still not sure if Ill be keeping them in it. The bamboo is just from a cheap shop but its not bad, I only put one in to see if they like it and since the male hasnt left his piece (not even to use his hide) and the female has spent about 50% of her time on hers Im going to cut up some more tomorrow and make a few more places for them to climb. Where did you get yours?

Im not that keen on the bamboo and Im going stick hunting for some more eucalyptus logs/branches next week as I have them in the jungle enclosure and really like the look.

The female came out so I took a few more pics.
Female3.jpgFemale4.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm going to board a plane to Darwin in 99 minutes - ohh you mean the PYTHON.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I got my 2 from Bcross on here :) and couldn't be happier, he answered all my questions before i got them too.
Thanks for the reply, mine are still really small so it'll be a while before i add branches etc. I thought of getting some bamboo from bunnings but at the shop here it is kept outside in the weather and is all mouldy/mildewy.
They look great, the female is beautiful!

Id put some sticks in straight away, they love a bit of a climb. Ive also seen that sort of plastic square netting (bad description) in click clacks, I think it was Fay who posted it, perfect for little ones to climb on. The bamboo is just cheap stuff that was used for a function at work so I have heaps of it but Ill be swapping it for nice branches as soon as I get some more.

Is that the one that tagged you today Tara? My girl ate yesterday and I only got them Tuesday but the boy was more interested in climbing around the light fittings but I just had a look at him before and I think Ill try him tonight, seems more interested in what Im doing now. I expected them to be in the hides but they are super active and pretty much live on the branches.

Yep that's her.
That's good to hear!
Good luck with the boy.
Where are their enclosures? Stuck to your face? Haha.
Feel free to gimme that bamboo when you don't want it anymore.
Feeding 6 of mine tonight.

Enclosures are in the poker room, which is pretty much my room hahaha. I have another 4 or 5 sticks of it which I dont use if you want it?

looking very nice mate! How are the hypo's going for you this season?

Thanks mate. I paired two females with two separate males this year. One has dropped eggs already and the other (pictured) I'm still waiting for a pre-lay shed from. I'm hoping she's going to shed tonight. This is the girl I've been waiting for a clutch from for years. The last two years she ovulated but nothing came of it. It looks far more promising this year. Fingers crossed their not all slugs!

Corey.

Attachments

• IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back