Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my girl out yesterday and took some pics

sstick021.jpg

sstick028.jpg

this may be a stupid question, but the lighter coloured darwins, are they hets? how much do you pay for a lighter coloured one - that is more of a caramel than the red/brown?

this may be a stupid question, but the lighter coloured darwins, are they hets? how much do you pay for a lighter coloured one - that is more of a caramel than the red/brown?

The lighter color is found in hets and non hets as a result of less melanin in the animal.

cheers
Scott

Looks good Justin. Always amazes me the size meals they will eat.

Yes, they can certainly squeeze them in when they want to.
The other 3 budgies were sitting on the other side of the cage.

Cheers Justin

heres a het albino darwin I bred that Im keeping since I never kept any from last year..
from a (pure) albino x (pure) het albino and like last year most of the hets and albinos have a bit of a stripey pattern thing happening..

DSC04416.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

DSC04414.jpg

heres a het albino clutchmate of the one above with much darker colouring

DSC04450hetalbino.jpg

albino (same clutch as these hets) thats not for sale but most of the albinos in the clutch are reduced pattern with this stripey jaggy look.. the parents are pure albino x pure het albino

DSC04451.jpg

Last edited:
This is my new lil Albie named Splice got her from Colin yesterday, Cheers mate ;) Will try n get a larger file image later, Thanks again Colin for the time spent explaining your tips n tricks, your help and advice is such a bonus. Good to finally put a face to the name.

View attachment 238343

Once again Colin - awesome looking critters. Will add them to the wish list 'cos thats about as far as I could get them. The minister for War and Finance has put the kybosh on getting another snake.

Apparently it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to beg for permission, but I'm not sure my life would last long enough to start down the forgiveness line if I turned up with another Snake.

Fantastic line Col - keep breedin 'em 'cos they are fantastic lookin' Darwins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back