Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to chime in on affordable hets, I've seen the US ball python het market decimated by fake hets. Even those with good reputations have a hard time getting what a het is truly worth because of all the scammers that popped up seemingly overnight. In short, hobbo's right on the money. Spend the extra loot to go with someone you can trust.

hi all ordeded my 100% hets of sxr the other day, have to say simon is a delight 2 deal with, i agree i would never by a het of just anyone, sorry u just cant trust anyone these days. u colud just be dealing with some *** who says there hets when there not, so u wait 3 years till there breeding size u have your first clutch of eggs, and when they hatch no albinos, omg i would die, could yo imagen that!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought my 3 hets of sxr and couldn't be happier.
wouldn't get from anyone that i wasn't 150% sure was legit.

Having owned and bred Darwins for a while now they are my fav snake . Snappy at first but that makes them very good feeders . They do calm down with age and size , all my big ones are calm and dont bite . They are a mid size but can surprise you as a well fed one will keep growing to as much as 8 foot . The best thing about them is their looks , even std they are pretty but as this thread shows they can be spectacular .

I will defiantly agree with Jungletrans,but like most hatchies-yearlings they can be snappy,however the majority calm down with age.My 3year old male is as placid as a snake comes,but his younger female is still a little jumpy atm,but is defiantly getting better.Overall they are a awesome species to keep....MARK

Great! That's all I need to know- thanks heaps guys.

Hopefully it won't be long before I'm posting my own darwin pics on here...
:D

Just wondering? Do Darwins grow slower than other species. One of my workmates has a Darwin that he says is over 2 years old but is only like 60 cm long? Is this normal? I thought that they would be way bigger than that.

Just wondering? Do Darwins grow slower than other species. One of my workmates has a Darwin that he says is over 2 years old but is only like 60 cm long? Is this normal? I thought that they would be way bigger than that.
It very well can be 2year old,depending on feeeding regime,ive got a 2year old thats a fussy eating and she is currently around 80-90cm.On the other hand the male is 3year old and about 5-6feet....All snakes will grow at different rates,it all comes down to how big the food item is,how frequently its fed....MARK

Thanks, I was just wondering if he was doing something wrong and somehow causing this snake to stay stunted.I love the colours of Darwins.Stunning

N/W kick rs

Morning people, I too have recently been bitten by the N/W carpet bug. I think the amount of variation this particular sub species offers is amazing.

I felt the need to get a few of Ziggy in this thread.

Attachments

• Z_11.jpg
    Z_11.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 265
  • zig_01.jpg
    zig_01.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 298
  • zig_12.jpg
    zig_12.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 260
I heard someone is breeding a hypo het darwin with albino and het females. does anyone know who, and if so can you pm me their email address? i wonder how they would turn out?

anyone?? id love a pair of hypo albino het darwins.

Here is one of my males.
155.jpg

As said by others it all comes down to feeding . l have some almost yearlings that are 4.5 feet long already , only fed every 1 - 2 weeks but good size rats . My brother: in NSW went against my advise with a pair l gave him and fed them as much as they wanted . Almost 2 years old they are 7 feet long , not fat or unfit they are beautiful snakes . He has now dropped their feed to 2 weeks and the snakes are unhappy , pacing the cage looking for food after first week .:shock:

My Boy is settling in quite well now and has chosen last night and today to spend some time basking in his branch...this is what I was hoping for instead of hiding away all day.

Here are some pics...my photography is getting better but still not up to the standard of some of the stunning shots...the red one is a natural shot without flash. Makes him really look exotic

Attachments

• IMGP0288.jpg
    IMGP0288.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMGP0303.jpg
    IMGP0303.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 159
  • IMGP0310.jpg
    IMGP0310.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMGP0350.jpg
    IMGP0350.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 204
  • IMGP0354.jpg
    IMGP0354.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 142
Heres a couple more of a 2year old female and a 3year old male...MARK

Attachments

• 100_4691.jpg
    100_4691.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_3115.jpg
    100_3115.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 101_0958.jpg
    101_0958.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_4236.jpg
    100_4236.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 159
Some darwins you have to look at them again to wether it is a bredli or darwin. I was going to get a Darwin this year from snakeranch but some one got it before me:evil:, but i want to get a really bright gosford diamond. Then ill get Mr Darwin.:D

Just some happy snaps at feeding time.
They are an absolute joy to keep and observe.

Attachments

• Darwin Female1 .jpg
    Darwin Female1 .jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Darwin Female2.jpg
    Darwin Female2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 142
  • Darwin Female2 Close-up.jpg
    Darwin Female2 Close-up.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Darwin Male Feeding.jpg
    Darwin Male Feeding.jpg