Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you feed in your enclosure or out, ie, tub?

• I feed in my enclosure

Votes: 123 76.9%
  • I feed out of the enclosure, ie, tub

Votes: 37 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i feed my oldest bredli on newspaper on the loungeroom floor.

now whenever hes out and spots a paper he goes to it hoping for a rat, he climbs the coffee table to hover over newspapers, climbs onto the kitchen bench if he spots a newspaper there and curls up over the pile of newspapers on different little coffee table.

the young bredli have a stool each and get fed hanging from them in the sun, and the diamond eats in her outdoor mesh enclosure in the sun.

now whenever hes out and spots a paper he goes to it hoping for a rat, he climbs the coffee table to hover over newspapers, climbs onto the kitchen bench if he spots a newspaper there and curls up over the pile of newspapers on different little coffee table.

the young bredli have a stool each and get fed hanging from them in the sun, and the diamond eats in her outdoor mesh enclosure in the sun.

LOL that's a classic, do they sit and roll over as well :lol::lol::lol::lol:

haha, nah, unfortunately not,...the weird thing is his tank is lined in newspaper but he doesnt look for rats in there,..hes a weird one,..!!

I actually do both.. some animals I feed in their enclosure but some I keep in pairs and definitely take these ones out and put in seperate tubs for feeding.

I do prefer to feed in tubs though as it gives me a chance to clean out their enclosure before I put them back inside. I figure that if Im going to take them out and put them in a tub while I clean out the enclosure.. I may as well feed at the same time if they are due for a feed at that particular time.

adult animals that are routinely fed in enclosures seem to always be looking for a feed everytime you open up their cage.. the ones that are fed in tubs seem more relaxed and less anxious to nail you.. just my experience with my particular animals.

But either way is ok.. enclosure or tub.. Its really up to the individual I think.

i feed my oldest bredli on newspaper on the loungeroom floor.

you spoil those pythons Christine :lol:

they make me happy, so they deserve to be spoilt! :p

We feed ours in the enclosure, however we take him out before feeding, and generally clean the enclosure, so he actually associates being put back in the enclosure with feeding, rather than hands in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back