Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;9lOAMiuv23I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOAMiuv23I[/video]

Today I find out if this guy lives or dies.
He is at the vet with a broken lower jaw and severe laceration to the neck.

And the full version with the vet visit

[video=youtube;qdO2ANsGdLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdO2ANsGdLk[/video]

Last edited:
Bloody shovels >:/ its funny cause almost all the time someone is bitten is when the try and mess with the snake!
Makes me so mad......

Acually the second most common snakebite is people trying to kill, catch or interfere with the snake.
The most common cause of snakebite is people stepping on them.
Every 2nd or 3rd callout i go to, there is a guy armed with a shovel or similar weapon.
That last copperhead was lucky I got there before the shovelheads found it.

Do you have any references for that Baz? I've been looking for anything to show this for a long time.

Acually the second most common snakebite is people trying to kill, catch or interfere with the snake.
The most common cause of snakebite is people stepping on them.
Every 2nd or 3rd callout i go to, there is a guy armed with a shovel or similar weapon.
That last copperhead was lucky I got there before the shovelheads found it.

Some one should tell shovel hero to put down the shovel and try on a pair of steelcap boots and some long pants. No guarantee he won't get bitten but better than nothing.

Sorry Gordo, i cant remember where its from.
I think its from a graph put out by csiro years ago.
It makes sense, dont you think?
Keepers came in at third and "other' was 4th, LOL

Makes total sense! I tell people exactly that all the time, just wish i could back it up with something lol.

Another copperhead today, this one wasnt in any danger from the shovel and the guy who rang me was in his 70s.
Old school but with a good heart.
This guy was actually worried about the snake and didnt want it hurt.
And he had a steady hand as he filmed this.
[video=youtube;Ct29lq_CaAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct29lq_CaAk[/video]

[video=youtube;9lOAMiuv23I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOAMiuv23I[/video]

Today I find out if this guy lives or dies.
He is at the vet with a broken lower jaw and severe laceration to the neck.

And the full version with the vet visit

[video=youtube;qdO2ANsGdLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdO2ANsGdLk[/video]

The operation was yesterday and there is a video coming, here is the little guy after Shane stitched up its neck, before working on the jaw.

Attachments

• stitches.jpg
    stitches.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
eastern brown caught.jpgtrapped eastern brown released.jpgtrapped eastern brown released2.jpg
The affects of bird netting.
But after a coupple of hours of working on this not so happy 1850mm long trapped fella, it made me realise why i love this job so much, what a satisfaction on knowing you have just saved his life. a coupple of time getting a little nervous as he struggled as i held his head. (not to easy a job to do by yourself i found out, but unfortunatley the "reptile vets" told me he was to dangerous for there staff to work with, so they were no help and that meant i was left to do it alone)
the last two pics are on the day off release, the pinky purple colour is the dye from the spray i use.

A little EB from today.

Attachments

• EB 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 93
  • EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 72
  • EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 51
I get alot of callouts for "Tiger, definately a Tiger, I know cause my dads seen them before", and not one Tiger yet:)!

We've had such a good year up here this season, everything looks captive bred.

What? don't tell me you're serious snakerelocation "was he crossed with a tiger?" please tell me you're joking ,do you have a dmp?

yes i was joking, its just amazing how much these guys change in colours and pattern depending on the area, logan seems to have alot of blue colouring, brisbane seems very orange/brown, gold coast alot darker. but not very often i get to one with stripes like that much, and considering the amount of eb, that went on the last 3 months paperwork average out at 6 a week, i would have loved to seen something different. do i have a dmp? what do you think i do for a living?
what area do you cover snake 79?

I cover the south burnett,toowoomba regional council and the western downs,used to be the snake catcher in dalby when i was living there.Thank God you were joking you'd be surprised at how many people out there think that elapids cross breed with other species such as elapidsxpythons.Don't know how many times i've heard that one before lol

Thank God you were joking you'd be surprised at how many people out there think that elapids cross breed with other species such as elapidsxpythons.

Now that is funny, cause I always thought elapids were a genus:)! (Sorry, just being a smart ****).

Apologies baz, lets have more relocation pics.

allright smart **** give me a break i've had a few drinks i was just making a point you knew what i meant i just got the words mixed around.Feel like a**** wit now thank you for pointing out that obvious mistake imported_varanus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back