Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nebben838

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hay everyone,
I have built a 4x2x2ft enclosure but i cant make up my mind about what type of heating to use, infra red or purple globes, ceramic heat emitters how may should i have and how much wattage. i have decided on a Habistat thermostat just not the exact model, should i go infra red globes then the dimming one is the way to go but if choose ceramic heat emitters the the pulse proportional model would be best. Im still debating on which python to buy im choosing between Woma, BHP or maybe a Albino darwin carpet. some suggestions on all the above would be much appreciated.

cheers Ben.

it cost a bit more but heat pannels are amazing! you will never have to buy globes unless you put on in there for light!
have a look at PROHERP!

Hey Ben,
What type of snake do you have (Or Other Reptile), because it depends what you will need. On my aboreal snakes I run 150watt ceramic heat emitter (Globes) hooked up to a Habistat dimming thermostat. With my stimsons since she i generally on the ground i just run a heatpad hooked up to the same thermostat. I would definitley try running a higher wattage though because i have a 3ft cage and it struggles to keep that heati n the summer. Also the heat emitters are in hoods sitting on the top of the cage.
Anyway it all comes down to what type of snake you have but DO NOT GET normal heat globes. They blow after like 1-2 months
Hope it helps, Mitch.

it cost a bit more but heat pannels are amazing! you will never have to buy globes unless you put on in there for light!
have a look at PROHERP!

I don't know if you can get them over there but Habistat do a product here in the UK called a Reptile Radiator, these are superb and last for years. Deffo worth checking them out. With these use a Habistat pulse thermostat and Bob's your uncle

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I don't know if you can get them over there but Habistat do a product here in the UK called a Reptile Radiator, these are superb and last for years.

You can get them here, & by all accounts, they have the same functionality as the PROHERP panels.

You can get them here, & by all accounts, they have the same functionality as the PROHERP panels.

I know the Reptile Radiators only come in one wattage where as the PROHERP panels come in different wattages, out of interest what do the Reptile Radiators sell for in Australia?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I know the Reptile Radiators only come in one wattage where as the PROHERP panels come in different wattages, out of interest what do the Reptile Radiators sell for in Australia?.

AFAIK, we only have one authorised supplier of Habistat products here - The Herp Shop. They are $140 each !

AFAIK, we only have one authorised supplier of Habistat products here - The Herp Shop. They are $140 each !

Wow that's expensive at the current rate of exchange that works out at £88.00 each. The cheapest price I have found in the UK at the moment is £41.00, that's a massive difference even if you factor in sending them by post to Australia.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Wow that's expensive at the current rate of exchange that works out at £88.00 each. The cheapest price I have found in the UK at the moment is £41.00, that's a massive difference even if you factor in sending them by post to Australia.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

geez that's cheap, but then everything is expensive here.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

agreed. I've been getting equipment sent over from the uk and changing the plugs. Works out cheaper.

yeah go the albino darwin. just got a breeding pair that hopefully will give some nice albinos next year. one of the best looking pythons IMO.

but i would decide on the snake first, different snakes require different heating. Ive found with my BHP that without the globe she doesn't come out much (she has a 50w red globe about 60cm above a great big ceramic tile) and being a nice big 9-10 ft girl i like to see her as much as possible. meanwhile the carpets seem to like the heat mats and emitters a lot better. this is just my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back