Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the 3ft should be enough for an adult pair or trio, i use newspaper as a substrate, feed woddies, when they get old they may eat greens, being a smaller dragon not to sure on that, 40-50c hot spot, a couple of hides, branches if you wish

veges, plenty of them! mangos are good too, shred carrot for colour, add apple juice, and put the beheded worms in to attract the snake via movement

meal worms are fine as a very occasional treat for bubs and should even be ok on a regular basis for adults. i have 1 adult dragon here and all he eats is mealies, mayb a roach every week or so.

40-50c?!?!?!?

sparying desert dragons twice daily?!?!

news to me!:D

40-50c is not all that much for a desert animal, i wouldnt spray twice daily, i only spray my little dragons once every 3-4days but they always have a water bowl

thats what i was advised by the breeder.... and they would actually lick the dew off thier surroundings once or twice a day in the wild..... dodge always licks the water off his nose and surroundings when he gets misted therefore i suppose its good for him..... and yep dodge is at about 48c in the basking spot......

Misting 2 - 3 times a day would be no problem. What's a few seconds do to you? lol :D

Once in the morning, once when i get home from school, and once later at night good enough?
plus a water bowl of course.

I'm pretty damn keen on getting them. I'm almost not caring AT ALL that i cant get a snake. Already so excited. haha

I've heard they are wicked lil' things.

yeah thats all... just a couple of sprays dont drown the poor thing lol...

oh and by the way if u were to move in over here you could get more then just a stimi lol

they are awesome little dudes.... personally im a snake kinda girl but dodge is very cool for something that poops and eats everyday lol

Don't flame me for this. I have no idea: hence the question.

I know putting 2 different species in the same enclosure isn't the smartest of ideas.

But what about a Western Bearded Dragon and a Western Netted Dragon? They come from virtually the same habitat and what-not.

Would they fight each other or would they 'socialize'?

As i don't know what to chose :(
--having both is the only option :D

i know it would be fine to keep say netteds with cane grass dragons and i know you can keep most small dragons with other small dragon species but not sure bout with beardies. the beardies do get a bit bigger than the netted but donno how agressive they are

BUMP

Can anybody help me out? i might start a different thread for it. likely more people will reply.

It was a joke, mysnakesau. I'm not a complete imbecile.

Where did this "its not a big deal, respect your mum..." stuff come from?

I clearly mentioned that I didn't like the fact she changed her mind several times, even after applying for the license. I never said it was a huge deal. This was basically just a thread to ask about beardies and such.....?

Ok, I am sorry if my words offended you. It is rather hard to see expression in ppl's words and after one of your threads showing how totally upset about your mum trying to stop your licence...well...it looked like you were still upset. But I still meant what I said, don't let a 14 month wait ruin a life time.

Ok, I am sorry if my words offended you. It is rather hard to see expression in ppl's words and after one of your threads showing how totally upset about your mum trying to stop your licence...well...it looked like you were still upset. But I still meant what I said, don't let a 14 month wait ruin a life time.

They didn't offend me. Was just curious.

veges, plenty of them! mangos are good too, shred carrot for colour, add apple juice, and put the beheded worms in to attract the snake via movement

Does anyone else have a problem with this statement? Or is it just me?

:p

Hix

sorry to hear the news but the time will fly im sure,I have 3 western Beared dragons 1 male & 2 female all about 18 mths old they live together in a exo terra 24x18x24 they love there crickets dust reg with calcium & vitamins they have a water bowl they swim in more than drink they spend a lot of there time up branches near the heat and are great fun,they great to just sit and watch for hours.I give them a spray about 3 times a day,sometimes they will just sit there with there mouth open drinking the water you spraying at them.
Anyway I hope this helps also did you get to Armadle Reptile park the other week-end if so how was it ? Have you been to Peel Zoo Pinjarra they have some Stimis and olives and are happy to get them out to handle.Should try do another WA get together some time there.
Cheers for now

View attachment 21753

Last edited:
I'm not sure how it went, MAVTOR. I didn't go :(

I had some stuff to deal with/organise etc.

Are crickets expensive?

Does anyone else have a problem with this statement? Or is it just me?

:p

Hix

That the snake will be attracted to the movement.

Derrrr Hix. :p

Haha. It's confusing because the first half he was talking about beardies, then switched to snakes. I read it and was like "I know what he means i wont say anything".

You did it for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back